Troops embark broken... Again? - Page 5 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-17-2019, 09:13 PM   #41
QuiGon
Veteran

Scripting is working fine, but the game should and does offer a non-scripted functionality and I expect it to work.

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

QuiGon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 10:49 PM   #42
Hardcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiGon View Post
Scripting is working fine, but the game should and does offer a non-scripted functionality and I expect it to work.
Well, in the meantime you can use transport scripts, it's all I'm saying
Hardcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 01:01 PM   #43
Ironwulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcard View Post
Sure, I think however the point is if we keep working around it and not pushing for it to get fixed, it will never get fixed.
Ironwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 09:30 PM   #44
Whisper

Quote:
That doesn't allow for simulating weight of transported troops, unfortunately.

Transport chopper's main task is.... let's take a wild guess.... transport.

2 of 4 choppers in DCS are transport chopper.
ED is simply making half of their sold helicopter products useless , this is unacceptable, if you ask me.
But since there are excellent community people (and I thank them million times for this, they are the litteral saviors of 2 DCS modules) that give us the tools to get around this HUGE (and longstanding, I can't remember the last time I could use DCS internal transportation system ) missing feature, ED gets away with it.

Sorry ED, but that's unacceptable, and has been for years. Shame.
That's exactly the kind of things that make me saying DCS will never be a complete product and will never be able to compete versus others that understand what "complete" means....

If I'm not too mistaken, I've already told my sentiment on this topic a while ago. Let's face it, ED doesn't care about this side of their issues.

Last edited by Whisper; 05-18-2019 at 09:35 PM.
Whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 12:13 PM   #45
Hardcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper View Post
That doesn't allow for simulating weight of transported troops, unfortunately.
If by that you mean making the Mi-8 more sluggish as cargo is added, then sure, it's a bummer.

But if you mean limiting cargo/troop capacity based on weight values, that can be done.

Unfortunately, I don't think these problems will be fixed any time soon, which is why I mentioned scripts.

PS: Scripts are simply the community's reaction to already existing problems, not the source of those problems.
I mean, I don't think ED & co refuse to fix problems simply because there are scripts out there that solve those problems. I think it's more complicated than that.

Last edited by Hardcard; 05-20-2019 at 12:20 PM.
Hardcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 07:35 PM   #46
Whisper

Quote:
If by that you mean making the Mi-8 more sluggish as cargo is added, then sure, it's a bummer.
Yes, that's what I meant.

Quote:
But if you mean limiting cargo/troop capacity based on weight values, that can be done.

Unfortunately, I don't think these problems will be fixed any time soon, which is why I mentioned scripts.

PS: Scripts are simply the community's reaction to already existing problems, not the source of those problems.
I mean, I don't think ED & co refuse to fix problems simply because there are scripts out there that solve those problems. I think it's more complicated than that.
I never said scripting solutions are the source of the problem. Again, I can't thank Ciribob & others enough for all the job they do to make DCS what it is.

The source of the problem is ED priorities. That kind of issues has clearly not seen any dedicated dev for long enough to still be there after years....
Whisper is offline   Reply With Quote