"Vergeev Group" campaign demo version

«Vergeev Group» campaign

demo-version

picture.php?albumid=320&pictureid=2290

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Flight school gates behind your shoulders. The training is over. Along with next higher rank graduating officers got their first assignments. You are the only one from the whole graduate year who volunteered for “100 days”. Colleagues, same year students are looking at you with esteem rather than with amazement. They know that 100-day mission trip – this is a way to war.

You’re assigned to Adler town, to the Caucasus, where peace is a rare thing. You will serve amoung beauty spots of the Caucasian mountains, on famous “Mandarin path”. But this is where all fascination of consecutive 100 days ends. The media pays slight attention to southern borders of Russian Federation, but local turmoil is well known. Open fight actions occurred fast and long time back (“888”) and much was forgotten since then. And you are about to plunge into whirl of undeclared war.

Don’t look for politics. It’s not for officers. There is only service and performance of the duty – a job too dangerous and difficult in order to be concerned with other problems and questions.

Equally don’t look for full correspondence of names to real life heroes. Your virtual colleagues – just fictional characters. But you flight (and partly training) job is made-up only to some extent – it is real! Real due to conditions around. Don’t look for extreme hot sensations in forthcoming service either. The real pilot job is often more routine than one can imagine. All task conditions must be fulfilled for successful completion. Nevertheless, there will be enough difficult missions full of offensive unexpected surprises.

The campaign is built along with “easy to heavy” principle. This means that first missions are more sparing for pilot- newbie. Some text tips are available in the beginning. They will disappear after some time. It’s advisable to have at least of 40 hours of flight time. We warn you (or ask if you will): complete the flight on the same place where you took off; and pass all waypoints, otherwise you will not get 100%. Unfortunately the missions’ difficulty can’t be locked against tuning into more comfort settings... But this shall be said – all tasks are feasible!

“Vergeev Group” campaign will contain approx. 200 missions. Of course, to complete 200 flights in 100 days in real life – that’s too little. 4-8 flights daily is normal on front-line. “Vergeev Group” provides with load of 1-4 flights daily allowing for weather conditions (in bad weather we sit in dormitory).

Presented demo version missions are taken out of context. Still, they rather nicely represent the initial level of complexity that you will face. «Vergeev Group» has a plot, thus it is linear: every flight is a separate stage. It’s also advisable to remember the past events for success in next missions. All latest developments have direct impact on those that are or will be taking place.

To wait all 200 missions at once – that’s going to be long. It takes about 30-50 man-hours of several people to produce one mission. On request of “senior colleagues” we will publish every 20 (twenty) missions.

We are right now finishing the final test of first 20 missions which will be published by end of February.

If you’re happy with all said above and you’re realism (say: seriousness) fan then welcome to 100 combat work days of Ka-50 pilot in “Vergeev Group”.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Download links:

http://rapidshare.com/files/339830639/demo_VergeevGroup_campaign_en.rar

http://depositfiles.com/files/1oz63ba9p

http://shareua.com/get_file/56cb4a/3710381

With subtitles:

http://rapidshare.com/files/344261161/demo_VergeevGroup_campaign_en.rar

http://depositfiles.com/files/lorqwgtcx

http://shareua.com/get_file/1f2b4f/3736491

Edited by =FG=Schtuzer

Real due to conditions around. Don’t look for extreme hot sensations in forthcoming service either. The real pilot job is often more routine than one can imagine.

Sounds promising. I'm curious about it.

Edit: Great: download-file contains 3 missions. It's a little campaign.

Edited by zdXu

Thanks for the work. Love the flying in the valley with the fog.

Just for me, I need subtitles. Never have been able to fully understand radio chatter.....

In mission 1 when I got to the burnt out bmps I heard the chatter but didn't know what to do. Fly on or blast em!

This is MY fault, and not on your end ;-)

Gunna take a look at the 2nd one now.

Cheers.

Thanks for the work. Love the flying in the valley with the fog.

Just for me, I need subtitles. Never have been able to fully understand radio chatter.....

In mission 1 when I got to the burnt out bmps I heard the chatter but didn't know what to do. Fly on or blast em!

This is MY fault, and not on your end ;-)

Gunna take a look at the 2nd one now.

Cheers.

Thanks for feedback.

Did you fly 2nd and 3rd already?

Actually, we're thinking about adding the subtitles, because it will take not too much of our time (despite we always feel short of it :P).

Could anyone of native English speakers let us know his opinion. We had responses only from non-native speakers so far... :smilewink:

• Like 1

For my system, to hear the audio I need to pause the sim. My surround sound has the engines too loud (I don't THINK I have this problem in other missions......) :music_whistling: I generally read the text.

I did fly the second mission, but there was nothing to blow up. I thought maybe the helicopters or ships were going to be attacked. I then looked at the mission in the editor and saw there was nothing apart from the ring of zu-23s I guess are for another in the future.

I love the idea of a chronological "persistent" campaign structure and certainly look forward to more missions.

As I have said before, without the holy grail of dynamic campaigns we really are at the beg and mercy of good people as yourselves in making more missions to fly. So thanks again! :thumbup:

For my system, to hear the audio I need to pause the sim. My surround sound has the engines too loud (I don't THINK I have this problem in other missions......) :music_whistling: I generally read the text.

Ok.

I did fly the second mission, but there was nothing to blow up.

Your task to be close to ships until further clear order is given. As simple as reality. Notwithstanding the time it takes. Then the events happen and you react.

Keeping strictly to orders is the only way to get 100%.

But I think many of users will get gradually accustomed both to radio noise (it's even worse in reality) and "russian" accent. :beer:

In a flightsituation a combat-pilot needs maximum of details. Every communication btween HQ and pilot must be 100000% crystal clear. There is absolutely no room for "gradually accustomed to radio"... especialy not in these 3 dangerous situations who came with the demo.

I found it a bit Mickey Mouse to hear that 1.) Naval-HQ communicate through a girl-voice, who probably never seen a heli in real life and 2.) the girl-voice tried to teach me also basic flight things (use the auto-pilot, for landing communicate with tower etc.). This is laughable. But these are minor things.

Cool, yea in RL you will not have subtitles displaying, unless perhaps you are flying an F-35?!

Also, I forgot to mention yesterday, the ship in mission 2 was invisible where the "action" occurs (do not want to spoil). I could see the forward and aft water wakes, but no ship. Perhaps its a missing texture or something in my system, but did others notice this?

The Rig: i5 7700k OC 4.6ghz, 16 GB RAM, GTX 1080ti, Windows 10

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Perhaps its a missing texture or something in my system, but did others notice this?

Negative. Saw all 3 ships + 1 at the oil-rigg.

Problem (fog <-> visiblity) and solution is for example described in the "Black Shark Tweak Guide Alpha Version". Use the search function.

In a flightsituation a combat-pilot needs maximum of details. Every communication btween HQ and pilot must be 100000% crystal clear. There is absolutely no room for "gradually accustomed to radio"... especialy not in these 3 dangerous situations who came with the demo.

It's the ideal which everybody wants to achieve - "100000% crystal clear".:phone: But the reality is not perfect, especially the reality we want to reproduce - in Russian army the radio communications do have noise etc.:dunno:

Then consider that Ka-50 is often flying in the mountains where quality of communication with HQ (which has more powerful broadcast equipment) is objectively worsened.:mobile:

I found it a bit Mickey Mouse to hear that 1.) Naval-HQ communicate through a girl-voice, who probably never seen a heli in real life and 2.) the girl-voice tried to teach me also basic flight things (use the auto-pilot, for landing communicate with tower etc.). This is laughable. But these are minor things.

1. We plan to have 2-3 female and 1 male voice at HQ (or Flight Operation(al) Officer as we call him\her). They will rotate from time to time.

Women can often be found on these positions in many places of the world. :flowers:

To our knowledge in NATO armies this is the case much more often (aviation, infantry, special task force, general HQs).

2. The hero in our story is kinda newbie with 40 hours (+ 10 missions) flight time. He is, therefore, treated with a slight indulgence and instructed with accuracy. Tactical officers may have flight training&experience. So they can provide some piece of advice. Sometimes the pilot is of higher rank than tactical officer and he has to obey by position, not by rank. Soviet army and now, Russian army, practice that. :smilewink:

Cool, yea in RL you will not have subtitles displaying, unless perhaps you are flying an F-35?!

Ok, here we certainly will have some situations where non-natives are listening to non-natives. Subtitles might help, at least in the start. Let us add subtitles to demo and see what happens.

Also, I forgot to mention yesterday, the ship in mission 2 was invisible where the "action" occurs (do not want to spoil). I could see the forward and aft water wakes, but no ship. Perhaps its a missing texture or something in my system, but did others notice this?

You're the first to report on this. Probably some software (textures, video drivers) or hardware (videomemory errors or overheating) issues.

The only other strange report we had was from the guy who forgot to install the patch before launching the campaign - that was :doh:! :D

fangav

Thanks for your feedback.

We've actually finished the testing of demo mission with subtitles. It took more hours than expected but I believe it was worth it.

The download links below (unpack and replace the old versions of the files):

http://rapidshare.com/files/344261161/demo_VergeevGroup_campaign_en.rar

http://depositfiles.com/files/lorqwgtcx

http://shareua.com/get_file/1f2b4f/3736491[url=http://shareua.com/get_file/1f2b4f/3736491][/url]

• Like 1

Mission 13:

I read the briefing. It says with no further details: "technicians did not manage to fully repair" the heli.

Realistical, if i am not depressed and suicidal, the next step would be to communicate with these technicians and ask them

1.) what exactly was not repaired (both engines?, the outside temperature gauge? or what?)

2.) based on the not repaired parts of the heli what could be problematic during flight.

And if i get no proper answers on these questions i would refuse this dusk/night-combat-mission.

edit: typo

Edited by zdXu

You're the first to report on this. Probably some software (textures, video drivers) or hardware (videomemory errors or overheating) issues.

The only other strange report we had was from the guy who forgot to install the patch before launching the campaign

I figured it out. Its tied to a cloud mod which actually notes that the particular cargo ships will be invisible if the mod is enabled. Therefore, before flying this mission, that mod must be disabled to correctly see the ships. The particular mod is named: VKG73 Cirrus Cloud Mod

The Rig: i5 7700k OC 4.6ghz, 16 GB RAM, GTX 1080ti, Windows 10

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And if i get no proper answers on these questions i would refuse this dusk/night-combat-mission.

Hi,

Here we're using the logics "from the contrary". Nobody in HQ would provide the pilot with the helo which is not able to complete the mission or, with high probability, cause the crash. It's a crime otherwise.

So the hardware is ready for the flight as much as it's needed by the task.

If you refuse to fly - you won't be able to complete the campaign. This is an order. There will be a few missions where you face a choice: to fly :pilotfly:or not to fly :no_sad:.

But in general I understant your point. :shifty:

I am not against engine/system-failures during a flight. But a failure must come out of a sudden.

If you mention a failure in the briefing i expect more technical infos about that failure in the briefing.

And if i got no specific technical info i would do an extrem detailed check-list-procedure during the start-up that takes ages.

Edited by zdXu

Finishing working on mission #20, the last mission of the first release. All beta-testers liked the story (and tasks for pilot) that develops from mission #13 which is part of demo.

We still have to adjust first 10 missions (which actually are ready) to new requirements (modern military Russian radio communication). This will take a while and then we go for release.

We still have to adjust first 10 missions (which actually are ready) to new requirements (modern military Russian radio communication).

Please have also a look at this in mission 11:

"Execute a thorough search all the way from Adler to Esto-Sadok". (quotation from the briefing)

My understanding was i have to start the search from Adler ...(route see pic).

Adler_001.jpg

But after some seconds i got the radio-message (from naval) "please land ..." etc.).

Edited by zdXu

Finishing working on mission #20, the last mission of the first release. All beta-testers liked the story (and tasks for pilot) that develops from mission #13 which is part of demo.

We still have to adjust first 10 missions (which actually are ready) to new requirements (modern military Russian radio communication). This will take a while and then we go for release.

Mmmmmm, can't wait :pilotfly:

Please have also a look at this in mission 11:

But after some seconds i got the radio-message (from naval) "please land ..." etc.).

That's because forward and backwards routes are close to each other and sometimes when you fly not exactly acc. to route in ABRIS you might activate the triggers supposed for return flight. This is a known thing and we tried to put forward and backwards routes parallel yet not overlapping.

After some time with programming the missions, we made up the method to bypass this "problem" and you will hear the "return" radio communication only after you reached the WPs on the other side of the route. We are using that now.

Message from leroni:

We regret to inform you that the release is postponed for 3 weeks. February 23rd was original release date.

The reason is that one of the chief project participants has got into head-on car crash. Nothing really serious but half-broken ribs and one can't sit more than 10 minutes in front of the computer!

We are now testing two versions: english and russian. Every tester has to fly 40 hours which together will small amendments and check-ups of amendments will take at least 100 hours. The last missions are not simple.

The testers had to fly mission #19 12 times before they got 100% score.

In principle, we are ready to release the first part of "VG" campaign. But a little patience is needed. Please excuse us. The reasons where announced.