WHEN ARE WE GOING TO GET Mi-8MTV2 and UH-1H MULITCREW? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-22-2019, 10:17 AM   #1
ZQuickSilverZ

Default WHEN ARE WE GOING TO GET Mi-8MTV2 and UH-1H MULITCREW?

WHEN?????????????????????????????

Release: 12/02/2016
Key Features of DCS: Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight include:

Unmatched flight physics providing the most realistic and dynamic conventional helicopter experience on the PC
Multiple player positions, including pilot, co-pilot, flight engineer, and door gunner
Accurate and highly detailed 3D cockpit featuring six-degrees-of-freedom technology compatible with head-tracking devices
Interactive cockpit controls that allow you to operate systems using the mouse
Accurate modeling of the Mi-8MTV2 instruments, weapons, engines, radios, fuel, electrical, and hydraulic systems
Highly detailed Mi-8MTV2 external 3D model, liveries, and weapons
Accurate audio environment based on custom Mi-8MTV2 sound samples
Immersive, handcrafted campaign with a variety of transport and fire support missions
Training with interactive and video lessons
Multiplayer coop mode for crew members of the same helicopter under development for a later update
Developed in close cooperation with actual Mi-8MTV2 operators

Release: 04/19/2013
Key Features of "DCS: UH-1H Huey" include:

Unmatched flight physics providing the most realistic and dynamic conventional helicopter experience on the PC.
Multiple player positions, including pilot, co-pilot, and door gunner.
Accurate and highly detailed 3D cockpit featuring six-degrees-of-freedom technology.
Interactive cockpit controls that allow you to operate the systems using the mouse.
Realistic modelling of the UH-1H instruments, weapons, engine, radios, fuel, electrical, and hydraulic systems.
Highly detailed UH-1H external 3D model, liveries, and weapons.
Accurate and engaging audio environment based on actual UH-1H sound recordings.
Missions that include transport and combat support operations.
Training that includes interactive and video lessons.
Multiplayer coop mode for crew members of the same helicopter under development for a later update.
Developed in close cooperation with real UH-1H operators.

Again, WHEN?????????????????????????????
"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

Last edited by ZQuickSilverZ; 06-22-2019 at 10:21 AM.
ZQuickSilverZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 10:20 AM   #2
Mr_sukebe

Was there really a need to open a new thread on this point?
Old 06-22-2019, 10:28 AM   #3
Isegrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_sukebe View Post
Was there really a need to open a new thread on this point?

In my opinion … its OK because i also start to lose my patience in this point and Quicksilver merged both in one thread.

I am waiting for the Mi8s winch to work one day as well.

@nineline can we just have some information on that please.

New DCS World KA-50 Blackshark and SU-25 Sound?

Bitte immer neue Wattestäbchen benutzen. Nicht nachschieben!
Isegrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 10:43 AM   #4
Magic Zach

I would actually get a passion for the Mi-8 if it became multicrew. This post must not be shut down, especially if people have been waiting this long.
Maps: Normandy, Nevada

Magic Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 11:02 AM   #5
unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZQuickSilverZ View Post
WHEN?????????????????????????????

Are you sure about that release date? In my order history i can see that i bought it 09/05/2013.

Personally i don't care about multicrew, i don't have somebody who would fly with me....but i can understand the frustration of peaple who have someone to fly in their birds.
Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, Supercarrier

Maps: Caucasus, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf

System: Win 10 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, Gigabyte Aorus 1080ti XE ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA

MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - Oculus Rift S
unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 11:22 AM   #6
Rex854Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
Are you sure about that release date? In my order history i can see that i bought it 09/05/2013.

Personally i don't care about multicrew, i don't have somebody who would fly with me....but i can understand the frustration of peaple who have someone to fly in their birds.
It probably went from early access to release on that date.
Old 06-22-2019, 12:15 PM   #7
Shadow KT

Yeah, getting multi crew in these choppers would be one of the best things for them in my opinion

Or at least a somewhat decent AI in them, which can do call out and spot stuff

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days
Shadow KT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 12:17 PM   #8
Ramsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZQuickSilverZ View Post

• Multiplayer coop mode for crew members of the same helicopter under development for a later update

Release: 04/19/2013
Key Features of "DCS: UH-1H Huey" include:

• Multiplayer coop mode for crew members of the same helicopter under development for a later update.

WHEN?
TL;DR:

I don't think you'll get a definitive answer from the dev's as they most likely aren't 100% certain what is possible in terms of both DCS's engine limitations and their own resources as developers - as multi-crew hasn't been removed from the product description, I'd take that as a positive sign and that the dev's *hope* to implement multi-crew one day.

Detail:

Both the UH-1H and Mi-8 where released in 2013, at a time when Multi-crew was on ED's 'road map' and thought to be closer than it was (the L-39 was released Oct 2015).

Even in 2019, 4 years after it's initial implementation, multi-crew has issues i.e. keeping the cockpit/aircraft state in sync, lag, etc. and takes a lot of effort to maintain as 2.5.x is updated.

Multi-crew hasn't been removed from the product description, so there's a chance it'll eventually be implemented in the UH-1H and Mi-8, however it's also possible DCS will never support the features required i.e. number of switch animations, acceptable performance, etc.

At a guess, ED/BST are waiting for multi-crew to mature and hope that multi-crew 'tech' developed for the AH-1S and Mi-24P will transfer and new module sales offset the development cost.

As to "when ?", owners of the A-10C beta waited 4.5 years for their NTTR map, so it could be awhile i.e. after the release of the Mi-24P
Ramsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 01:05 PM   #9
QuiGon
Veteran

Dev statement from 2017:
Quote:
Originally Posted by belsimtek View Post
As of now we have implementation for multicrew and we are testing it and resolving surfaced issues. Testing process taking its toll, it should go through different testers ours and ED..

At this point we think its a matter of months until multicrew patch for Huey will go live, if no critical showstopper issues will appear.
I think we at least deserved an update on what the hell is going on there by now??

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

QuiGon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 04:59 PM   #10
3WA

Someone once said, that ED was having problems with "sync" issues with side by side cockpits, for multicrew. That was a long while back, and I have no idea what they meant by that. But, that may be one of the problems.
3WA is offline   Reply With Quote