do you like the Gaz or Huey - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-28-2018, 05:43 PM   #21
Damcopter

Hello guys,
I am helicopter pilot in the French Air Force.
I learned to fly on the gazelle 14 years ago and now I am instructor on another model.
I am very very very disapointed with the gazelle FM.... It is ugly...
It's like a rc model for me.
I am sad because I have expected a lot in the gazelle in DCS in order to feel again the sensation of my first helicopter.
Nevertheless the 3D aspect and the cockpit are very great.

I really hope polychop will improve FM and they have a LOT of job!

Mi8 and Ka50 are for me the best FM
Damcopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 05:54 PM   #22
swatstar98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damcopter View Post
Hello guys,
I am helicopter pilot in the French Air Force.
I learned to fly on the gazelle 14 years ago and now I am instructor on another model.
I am very very very disapointed with the gazelle FM.... It is ugly...
It's like a rc model for me.
I am sad because I have expected a lot in the gazelle in DCS in order to feel again the sensation of my first helicopter.
Nevertheless the 3D aspect and the cockpit are very great.

I really hope polychop will improve FM and they have a LOT of job!

Mi8 and Ka50 are for me the best FM
Just saying you are a french pilot doesn't prove anything and more in this forum where a lot of people are "professional"
Old 09-28-2018, 06:13 PM   #23
Damcopter

And? What is the purpose of lying?

I am only sharing my experience to explain that the FM is not real and very far from the real Gazelle.
Old 09-28-2018, 07:16 PM   #24
BaD CrC

Damcopter, the simple fact that there is no Gazelle in the French Air Force (only the Armée de Terre flies her) is making your statement pretty suspect.

8086K delid @5.1Ghz under EKWB Water, 2080Ti FE, 32Gb DDR4, 970Pro NvME.
BaD CrC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 07:49 PM   #25
Damcopter

Yes it is true :-)
But all the french military pilots begin in the same school in Dax (all the Armee de terre, armée de l'air, marine nationale and gendarmerie pilots).
And if you check google perhaps you will find that 14years ago, all the french student pilot like me learned to fly on SA341 Gazelle :-)

After one year and aproximatively 135/150hours of flight, we go to Le Luc En provence for the CPL/IR ME qualification on the As555 Fennec and the we return in our Armée to continue the operational learning.

I am now instructor on AS555 Fennec in Orange Airbase for the young pilots who are leaving Le Luc en provence.

Now in Dax there are no more Gazelle...
There are H120.

I don't understand why there is such mistrust in this forum or perhaps just on this post...
Perhaps jealousy... so sad to be like that instead of shearing our passion for military aircrafts...

Last edited by Damcopter; 09-28-2018 at 07:53 PM.
Old 09-28-2018, 08:12 PM   #26
swatstar98

Quote:
Yes it is true :-)
But all the french military pilots begin in the same school in Dax (all the Armee de terre, armée de l'air, marine nationale and gendarmerie pilots).
And if you check google perhaps you will find that 14years ago, all the french student pilot like me learned to fly on SA341 Gazelle :-)

After one year and aproximatively 135/150hours of flight, we go to Le Luc En provence for the CPL/IR ME qualification on the As555 Fennec and the we return in our Armée to continue the operational learning.

I am now instructor on AS555 Fennec in Orange Airbase for the young pilots who are leaving Le Luc en provence.

Now in Dax there are no more Gazelle...
There are H120.

I don't understand why there is such mistrust in this forum or perhaps just on this post...
Perhaps jealousy... so sad to be like that instead of shearing our passion for military aircrafts...
No no, it's not jealousy. I explained you, a lot of people claim to be pilot of [insert aircraft here], and ends up to be a lie. And that's why it's not easy to believe anyone
Old 09-28-2018, 08:29 PM   #27
BaD CrC

Nothing to do with Jealousy but as swatstar98 highlighted it, this FM question has been a heated topic that ended up with the dev almost deserting the thread as it was becoming really hostile. Hence the mistrust. I have been trough tons of posts from people claiming to fly choppers in real life, and even if it was true sometimes, the comparison of their experience with what the Gazelle can do was often just plain ridiculous (like, "I have 10 hours on R22 so I know for a fact that choppers can't do this or that").
The other thing I realized is that real experienced pilots are struggling big time with what can and can't be done in today's computer. So they are either too complaisant with a software or just too demanding for things that just can't be simulated yet. Finally, the gazelle and many/all DCS modules can truly be appreciated with proper/expensive controls. So if you are flying the gazelle with a gamepad (I hope not) or even a simple joystick, this might alter your point of view.
Now I am not saying that the gazelle is flawless, I never flew a Gazelle either and I am one of those guys with barely 50 hours of stick time on a R22. Needless to day my opinion doesn't count that much about how good the FM is.

8086K delid @5.1Ghz under EKWB Water, 2080Ti FE, 32Gb DDR4, 970Pro NvME.
BaD CrC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 08:33 PM   #28
swatstar98

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaD CrC View Post
Nothing to do with Jealousy but as swatstar98 highlighted it, this FM question has been a heated topic that ended up with the dev almost deserting the thread as it was becoming really hostile. Hence the mistrust. I have been trough tons of posts from people claiming to fly choppers in real life, and even if it was true sometimes, the comparison of their experience with what the Gazelle can do was often just plain ridiculous (like, "I have 10 hours on R22 so I know for a fact that choppers can't do this or that").
The other thing I realized is that real experienced pilots are struggling big time with what can and can't be done in today's computer. So they are either too complaisant with a software or just too demanding for things that just can't be simulated yet. Finally, the gazelle and many/all DCS modules can truly be appreciated with proper/expensive controls. So if you are flying the gazelle with a gamepad (I hope not) or even a simple joystick, this might alter your point of view.
Now I am not saying that the gazelle is flawless, I never flew a Gazelle either and I am one of those guys with barely 50 hours of stick time on a R22. Needless to day my opinion doesn't count that much about how good the FM is.
+1
Old 09-29-2018, 12:33 AM   #29
Robert31178

I have never flown anything in my life, although I would love to. I prefer the Huey over the Gazelle because it is more enjoyable to fly. I've never been one to hotrod helicopters around, that's what jet fighters are for, I've always enjoyed the the challenge of flying things like warbirds and helicopters well. The Gazelle is very easy to fly provided you fly steady with a light hand, the Huey however is very tough to master, not only the flying of the helicopter as just flying it, but the mission sets are tough, sling loading for example is difficult and even after flying for 3 years I still am never perfect with the a load under me.
Robert31178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 12:48 AM   #30
myHelljumper
DCS Ground Crew

Quote:
SA341 Gazelle :-)
The model in DCS is the SA342 that have a very different SAS/Autopilot, even different blades. That must be why it feels different for you.

SA342 ALAT pilots have tested and helped improve the FM on the Gazelle so I'm sure the FM is pretty good .

Helljumper's Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3...UxPbWHvJJ3W2fA
myHelljumper is offline   Reply With Quote