F/A-18 H.O.T.A.S RECCE event mark

llOPPOTATOll

When the weapon release button is pressed, an event mark signal is supplied to the HUD video camera. At that time a black box is generated by the camera and appears in the upper left corner of the video signal going to the video tape recorder. When the trigger is pressed to the second detent position to launch a missile, the event marker is generated and recorded until the trigger is released.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

You guys are on the right track, but here is more information.

To manually blank/unblank the HMD, the PILOT depresses and releases the RECCE

Event Marker switch on the flight control stick. The WSO castles aft for more than 800 ms on the right hand

controller DCA to manually blank the aft HMD. The HMD continues to slave weapons and create

designations when blanked, however, visual feedback of the designated target is not available when

blanked.

In order to resolve the dual functionality of the RECCE event marker switch when both MIDS and

JHMCS are utilized, the following mechanization is commanded:

a. When TDC priority is assigned to the SA Format, MIDS expand functionality is the only function

for the HOTAS switch. This is true even if the HMD is manually blanked prior to entering the SA

Format.

b. When TDC priority is not assigned to the SA Format, HMD manual blanking is the only function

executed by the HOTAS switch.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
You guys are on the right track, but here is more information.

Ok kind of confusing now, lol. There is no mention of its use or future implementation in either manual at the moment.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

Sounds like in DCS that button can be assigned to something more useful, like maybe undesignate.

Or once SA, and JHMCS is implemented they can use it for exactly what its used for in the jet, as i posted earlier in this thread.

At the very least it seems like a switch that can be relegated to the keyboard, freeing up a space on the HOTAS. When the Hornet gets more features, it may become functional, however I just don't see it being HOTAS worthy (in DCS). Obviously RL is a different case.

• 4 months later...

as JMHCS is now fully implemented how are we supposed to use this RECCE function?

What does it do?

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

It toggles the JHMCS display on and off.

yeah thanks, I've tested it and it works, there's a good reason to use it now, instead of having to use the know , just use RECCE and works like a treat :>:thumbup:

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black