R-27EA (AE) on Su-27

Now that I found photographs of R-27EA (AE) missiles on Su-33, I was very surprised when I stumbled across this photograph of the Chinese Su-27. These two aircrafts are clearly caring mix of training and real missiles. Well, the aircraft in a foreground appears to be carrying four (4) EA (AE) missiles.

http://www.sinodefence.com/airforce/weapon/r272.asp

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Actually, looks like its carrying captive missiles - like the captive R-73's. No R-27EA's there so ... congratulations. Looks like the R-27 forward vanes are removed on captive missiles ;)

Oh, by the way. Shame on you: It isn't even the 'E' body. It's an R-27R ...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Actually, looks like its carrying captive missiles - like the captive R-73's. No R-27EA's there so ... congratulations. Looks like the R-27 forward vanes are removed on captive missiles ;)

What the heck is a captive missile? :huh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Real men fly ground attack :pilotfly: where EVERYTHING wants a piece of you :D

OK ED, Hajduk found a pic of a jet carrying missiles, please add this to lock on.

You little band of NATOfanbois ruined the last thread with your derailment. If you have nothing constructive to add then stay out.

While Hajduk has not found an EA yet, it is admirable that he is trying..... or is the english side of the forums just for you NATOfanbois to whine about the F-15/AMRAAM performance.

• Like 1

Actually, looks like its carrying captive missiles …
”Captive” missiles … He, he, he …

No R-27EA's there so ... congratulations.
Well, thank you! :smilewink: BTW, how do you know that “No r-27EA’s” are on the photograph? Do you have an actual photograph of R-27EA? Do you? :disgust:

Looks like the R-27 forward vanes are removed on captive missiles ;)
He, he, he … You are on weeds or something! :megalol:

Oh, by the way. Shame on you: It isn't even the 'E' body. It's an R-27R ...
You are dreaming! Nightmares for F-15 pilots BTW. :joystick:

How do you know it is not EA body? Do you have a photograph to support your claim?

He, he, he … Don’t worry, GGTharos, it is about the pilot, not about the missile. BTW, when it entered service, F-15 did not have AIM-120 either. Seventeen (17) or more years after F-15 entered service, came the AIM-120. Yet we have AIM-120 in LO.

• Like 1

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

I can't see the pic (server down or something), but if it's the one where some small chinese conscript is hoisting up something big, and white, with 4 'real' guidance vanes, real proximity fuse covers, and real (not bolted on) tailfins, and an extra long nose section, and this all is lacking any big black stripes, then that is a picture of an R-27EA. Yes the Chinese have them, that is not the question, but the speculative 'timeframe' of lomac might be. I don't know though when that r-27E upgrade was released, so it may very well be that the seeker is not more than a couple of months/years old.

And, GG and others, if you're so sure it's a training round, please provide us pics of training R-27s, with some details of both fins, and how they connect to the missile body... You know, just for obvious comparison.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

”Captive” missiles … He, he, he …

Well, thank you! :smilewink: BTW, how do you know that “No r-27EA’s” are on the photograph? Do you have an actual photograph of R-27EA? Do you? :disgust:

He, he, he … You are on weeds or something! :megalol:

You are dreaming! Nightmares for F-15 pilots BTW. :joystick:

How do you know it is not EA body? Do you have a photograph to support your claim?

He, he, he … Don’t worry, GGTharos, it is about the pilot, not about the missile. BTW, when it entered service, F-15 did not have AIM-120 either. Seventeen (17) or more years after F-15 entered service, came the AIM-120. Yet we have AIM-120 in LO.

When the F-15 entered service, the Su-27 didn't even exist operationally.

When the R-27E bodies entered service, the AIM-120 was entering service if not -in- service already.

And no, that's not an 'E' body missile there, the ones on the background flanker are. WTF man?

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I can't see the pic (server down or something), but if it's the one where some small chinese conscript is hoisting up something big, and white, with 4 'real' guidance vanes, real proximity fuse covers, and real (not bolted on) tailfins, and an extra long nose section, and this all is lacking any big black stripes, then that is a picture of an R-27EA. Yes the Chinese have them, that is not the question, but the speculative 'timeframe' of lomac might be. I don't know though when that r-27E upgrade was released, so it may very well be that the seeker is not more than a couple of months/years old.

And, GG and others, if you're so sure it's a training round, please provide us pics of training R-27s, with some details of both fins, and how they connect to the missile body... You know, just for obvious comparison.

Two of these R-27's have black stripes, two do not. They are lacking the forward vanes, if you want to call that 'extra long nose', okay.

The body is the original variant, not the -E. I don't know if China manufactures their own R-27's under license, but it doesn't make sense for them to do so if they're just stop gap.

The R-27E came into service at about the same time as the AIM-120.

While the 'EA' is really just a seeker upgrade, there may be a difference between the 'old' and 'new' missile bodies that would make them incompatible, but there's no reason to think this.

It's just curious that they'd mount the seeker on a smaller missile.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hadjuk has already shown us similar (old) photos of alleged EA's on Su-33's. And I Iready (tried) to tell him that those are either baseline R-27R's or mockups of R-27R's.

I have a bunch of photos taken on ground with these kind of loads on them and similar pictures of Mig-29's with R-77's. The missiles look very pretty and convincing untill you look at their back. No rocket motor.

I have a buch of photos I could use to try prove that the AIM-120D is in service with my airforce. If I wanted to believe as hard as hadjuk I wouldnt tell those are dummies and that the real deal is the 120B only.

R-27EA's on chinese fighters is debatable (even though far from proven) but EA's on Su-33's is simply undefendable argument. There could be no more self defeating than that.

• Like 1

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Guest IguanaKing

I have a buch of photos I could use to try prove that the AIM-120D is in service with my airforce. If I wanted to believe as hard as hadjuk I wouldnt tell those are dummies and that the real deal is the 120B only.

What color is the stripe just forward of the maneuver fins? That's the dead give-away on NATO missiles as to whether or not its active. ;)

What color is the stripe just forward of the maneuver fins? That's the dead give-away on NATO missiles as to whether or not its active. ;)

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=160253&g2_serialNumber=2

This first pic gives a guy alot of hopes...

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=160218&g2_serialNumber=2

But then this one kills the joy! :D

Anyway Im going to see these things in person next tuesday. Im going to give a hop in there. :)

ANyway similar pictures of russian missiles on their fighters always seems to be a valid argument for all of those russ fans even if they are clearly painted differently than live missiles.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Guest IguanaKing

Yup, blue stripes. Blue stripes are on inert, training weapons. If they were yellow, then you could be happy. :D

While we are discussing adding things to LOMAC aircraft that may not even exist, and even if they do, they are fairly recent additions to real world aircraft...why doesn't my A-10 have a Sniper XR pod and quick-draw for the Mavericks? :D

Ummmm, so a Super 530D with a blue stripe/ring is a dummy? Damn..! Than there's a superb walkaround of a _dummy_ (and I mean, who's interested in dummies, right?) Super 530D at http://www.frenchairwings.com/... I've had my doubts about it, but, OTOH, I was hoping it still might be an operational round.

С уважением,

Tompax (>o<-<

Guest IguanaKing

Where is the Super530 in that pic? The only missile I see is too long and skinny, and the rear fins are too small. It looks like an AIM-9 to me, with a yellow stripe. ;)

r272a.jpg

Not to be mean or anything, but those are for sure R-27R bodies (on the Flanker in the foreground), and the lack of forward vanes on them and the big black stripes do indicate captive (inert/training/whatever, just not combat) rounds.

This isn't a NATO fanboi thing - those REALLY aren't R-27EAs. The R-27s on the Flanker in the background DO have the R-27E body though, but the website makes no mention of whether it's an R-27ER or EA.

sigzk5.jpg

http://www.sinodefenceforum.com/showthread.php?p=27674

And may I add ... the flankers in the picture of the OP and in D-Scythe's post ... where's the rocket motor on those missiles in the foreground? They're painted all white, or with black stripes, and no rockets. Training Rounds.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guest IguanaKing

Doh!!! My browser is acting strangely, the link you posted showed up in a small window and was trimmed down so it looked like it was just a pic.

I see it now. Yes that is definitely inert, and they even have a cover bolted over the motor housing.

The hinges on the fins got me puzzled, and as far as the cover goes, I though I gets blown away when the motor ignites... There's also the fuze window missing, but I thought it might be a sub-version/model of the D with different fuse, or something along those lines... Anyway, thank for clarifying the issue... And, if somebody stumbles on a live Super 530D walkaround, please, let me know...

С уважением,

Tompax (>o<-<

Guest IguanaKing

Heh...I just joined that French site too. I guess you must be Huha over there? :) The hinges on the fins are just the attaching points for them, a certain amount of assembly is required when they come out of storage. On live missiles, there is often a cover over the motor housing which gets removed on the ground. On that inert round, a cover is bolted on, most likely to keep birds from building their nests in there. :)