"Opposition defends Joint Strike Fighter over simulated dogfights"

Case

This RAND “simulation” is plain funny. I hope decision makers are not naïve enough to use this kind of “data” for important decisions.

But, bigger question is why are we talking F-22 on this thread? We should go back to F-35 stuff.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's close enough for guns, it's probably gunning you down ... ;)

Are you talking F-35?

Reminder SAM = Stealth STOP ;)

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Have they borrowed Harry Potter's cloak of invisibility ? If it's close enough for guns, it's close enough to see ...

Looks hot here ...

800px-F-22F119.JPG

Not from the receiving end it wont except for its targets, at mach 1.7 supercrruise you bound to meet frontaly the F-22 (rather its missiles) than its afterburner, after all, I have nerver seen a plane that flies backwards in afterburner. Do you?

IR is useless in cloudy weather. How many times it has to be said the R-27T or ET are NOT BVR missiles? you will get killed trying to use them that way against any AMRAAM equiped aircraft out there.

Edited by Pilotasso

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

What is the difference between F-35A, B and C? New Combat Aircraf magazine has an article about F-35B.

Read the posts before that one :)

I did, My point is that no sane pilot would go for guns fight in such numerical disavantage nor give their afterburning tailpipes to the enemy in the process. Hit an run, giving no IR missile a chance at all.

What is the difference between F-35A, B and C? New Combat Aircraf magazine has an article about F-35B.

So your were claiming that F-35 cant match Su-34 mission capability (obvioulsy comparing apples to oranges) without BASIC knoelege? wow

From now on (if ever)...well...how can I take your posts with any degree of objectivity?

Edited by Pilotasso
  • Like 2

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I did, ...
No, you didn't.

So your were claiming that F-35 cant match Su-34 mission capability (obvioulsy comparing apples to oranges) without BASIC knoelege? wow

From now on (if ever)...well...how can I take your posts with any degree of objectivity?

And you did not understand the reason behind my question either. The reason I asked that question was to bring the focus back to F-35 discussion. Some participants, unintentionally, brought some silly F-22 stuff and diverted the focus of this thread.

Now the focus is back to F-35.

That silly stuff was from the RAND report, :doh:

No, you didn't.

And you did not understand the reason behind my question either. The reason I asked that question was to bring the focus back to F-35 discussion. Some participants, unintentionally, brought some silly F-22 stuff and diverted the focus of this thread.

Now the focus is back to F-35.

That silly stuff was from the RAND report, :doh:
That's all right. If you think the info is worth discussing, open new thread, and if interesting enough, people will participate.

Regards,

I did, My point is that no sane pilot would go for guns fight in such numerical disavantage nor give their afterburning tailpipes to the enemy in the process. Hit an run, giving no IR missile a chance at all

So you're suggesting they turned tail & ran before engaging WVR (?) - Which would bring us back to..

&

the exercise would give absolutely no insight into the relative capabilities of the 2 aircraft (WVR) were they targetting each other ...

Which is not what was implied by the original post

Cheers.

• 1 month later...
Quote:

Current radars (in order of performance):

1. F-22's APG-77

2. Eurofighter's CAPTOR

3. Su-35's Irbis-E

Although performance margin is very small.

2/3 can see an F-22 at ~90km (F-22's 0.001m2 RCS).

Personally I think although the F-22 is the best atm, for its price it's not really worth it, since you could get 3-4 Su-35's/2 Eurofighter's per F-22.

Although I guess the F-22 may be handy while flying low against IR guided missiles (reduced IR signature).

Source: :alien::shifty: ..who cares ,)

further .....

Irbis can see 0.01m^2 at 90km, - according to published data. smile.gif Frontal RCS for the F-22 was described as being "marble sized", and math concludes that is from 0.0001m^2 to 0.0014m^2.....global security.com states 0.0001m^2..... However, when the F-117 was shot down in Allied Force, 1999, LM stated- "Even a standard turning maneuver could increase the aircraft's radar cross section by a factor of 100 or more". And that's why RCS isn't so simple, detectability is dependant on where it's viewed from and the frequency the radar is operating at

Move away from direct frontal - even by a few degrees - and that will shoot up.

That RCS is quoted for funding - and hence is almost certainly the minimum RCS the aircraft returns under absolute optimal conditions (wavelength and azimuthal angle).

This is the main thing IM trying to explain, Some people in this community really think that F-22 can take down 4 su-35 or let it be 4f-16, for me its a bad joke or bad commercial.

when they come and say looool it shot down how many GG :)

I rather Buy 6F-16 and have 2 of them fight another day.

then again life cost to and training, for all pilots u lose, Note lose Pilots not the fight.

Grate exaple is the Mig-21 Bison witch extended its life almost for free, F-16 pilots were surprised what such old design could achieve whit new radar and jammer, even in dogfight.

I do Agree that F-35/F-22 could bring down any flying machine now days 1on1 whit skilled pilot as thouse who fly F-22. The sad thing is, there will be no money allowing u capitalist to fight like that ;) the Indians will bring their flanking mig-21s so we all die :)

Edited by Teknetinium

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

The indians will bring their mig-21's where, sorry? :)

Are you trying to compare a short-legged point-defense fighter with something that'll quietly loiter around, go supersonic at a moment's notice and innundate your entire flight with missiles before you know what's happening?

Yeah, I thought that's what you were doing :)

By the way, what's ... free?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda