Save function locks up endless loop.

ThePutzer

Not only will it not save Mission but it Corrupts the units with that DickKey error.After several attempts to save DCS locks up. AND then will not open up again after log in, the files get so corrupted I have had to re install DCS several times now !!

I will attach all pertinent files.

ThePutzer NewbCity::MSFlights

Dawn till Dusk-A2A-Anti-Ship-Ground Attack-(PvP+ PvP).rar

dcs.rar

Took some trial and error, but I think I figured out the problem.

Kneeboards folders embedded in the miz file are unable to be deleted from the temp directory that DCS stores when saving the mission. When the game loads it attempts to clear out that temp directory but can't and thus the error is generated.

To get your game running again you need to go to the following folder: C:\Users\<YOUR_WINDOWS_USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS

When there you can attempt to delete the Mission folder. If it doesn't let you, you should be able to simply rename that DCS folder to something else. For example DCS_X.

When you launch the game it will create a new temp folder to store files and you should be good to go on that front. However! The .miz still has corrupted files that need to be dealt with. Perhaps delete the kneeboads folder in the .miz along with the other kneeboards folder in \l10n\default folder within the miz.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Why the "Crash" when go to SAVE ??

Thank you will remove//rename in the app data.

Are you saying the Kneeboard is causing the CRASH in this mission,?

(when SAVE function is clicked??????

Were you able to EDIT and SAVE this Mission????

OR Did you just figure out How to Restore the game?

Thanks for disabling my installation

The cause is the two KNEEBOARD forder in your huge persian map mission ZIP file.

How can you do that include?

After an unsuccessful save (corrupted names) and exit from Mission Editor (black screen):

2018-11-19 17:16:22.844 ALERT   LUACOMMON: Error: GUI Error: [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_route.lua"]:1278: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'index' (a nil value)
GUI debug.traceback: stack traceback:
[C]: ?
[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_route.lua"]:1278: in function <[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_route.lua"]:1269>
(tail call): ?
[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_route.lua"]:2006: in function 'verify'
[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_mission.lua"]:3440: in function 'check_mission'
[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_mission.lua"]:3497: in function 'save_mission_safe'
[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_toolbar.lua"]:614: in function 'saveMissionFileDialog'
[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_toolbar.lua"]:648: in function 'saveMission'
[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_menubar.lua"]:356: in function 'onExit'
[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_toolbar.lua"]:601: in function 'onChange'
[string "./dxgui/bind/Button.lua"]:22: in function 'callback'
[string "./dxgui/bind/Widget.lua"]:330: in function <[string "./dxgui/bind/Widget.lua"]:325>
2018-11-19 17:16:51.818 WARNING LOG: 1 duplicate message(s) skipped.
2018-11-19 17:16:51.818 ALERT   LUACOMMON: Error: GUI Error: [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_mission.lua"]:6324: bad argument #1 to 'assert' (value expected)
GUI debug.traceback: stack traceback:
[C]: ?
[C]: in function 'assert'
[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_mission.lua"]:6324: in function 'eraseFolder'
[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_mission.lua"]:6329: in function 'eraseFolder'
[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_mission.lua"]:6329: in function 'eraseFolder'
[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_mission.lua"]:6339: in function 'clearTempFolder'
[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_mission.lua"]:2462: in function 'create_new_mission'
[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_menubar.lua"]:385: in function 'Exit'
[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_menubar.lua"]:359: in function 'onExit'
[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_toolbar.lua"]:601: in function 'onChange'
[string "./dxgui/bind/Button.lua"]:22: in function 'callback'
[string "./dxgui/bind/Widget.lua"]:330: in function <[string "./dxgui/bind/Widget.lua"]:325>

Next time I tried to start DCS but stuck in 10 percent:

2018-11-19 17:22:43.207 ERROR   EDOBJECTS: Destruction shape not found AVIASHTAB_CRASH
2018-11-19 17:22:44.447 INFO    EDCORE: (dDispatcher)enterToState_:1
2018-11-19 17:22:46.064 ALERT   Dispatcher: Error starting Game GUI: [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_mission.lua"]:6324: bad argument #1 to 'assert' (value expected)
2018-11-19 17:22:46.064 INFO    EDCORE: (dDispatcher)enterToState_:2

After I deleted all remained stuff in

C:\Users\????????\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\Mission\

DCS started

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD

I have seen this one other time as well. If, you have a mod that is dependent on other mods. For example, what happened with me is I was using a static template for air field units. This template actually required two separate mods (which I would have known had I read the entire post). However, since I only had part of the items the template was looking for, I received the Dict_Key labeling and the mission wouldn't save as well.

I went back to the forum post, realized I was missing part of the mod. Installed the remaining items, relaunched DCS, reapplied the static template for the airfield and all worked correctly.

Didn't know if mods was something you may need to look at. Hope this helps.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.Vcw13.com

Asus Z270 Prime-A | i7-7700k | 32G Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 | EVGA RTX 2080ti | 2x 960 EVO M.2 in RAID 0 | 500GB SSD | Thrustmaster Warthog | Pimax 5K Plus

https://www.youtube.com/c/OverKillSims

The cause is the two KNEEBOARD forder in your huge persian map mission ZIP file.

YEP,, that was it. Yes it's a huge long one. The rest in this campaign /series, I am creating are limited now to 6 hrs approx not so big.

THANK YOU all for helping !!!

I deleted them "kneeboards" from miz. , made a couple quick changes in mission and it saved with no problem..

So where do I put kneeboard so I don't wanker it up again.?

ThePutzer

KNEEBOARD d2d.rar

Might be able to recreate it, but just make sure the folders aren't read only and you are able to modify it afterward. Otherwise you'll just end up with the same error all over again.

Perhaps use combat flite and import them, I believe it has a feature for that. I've only ever made an in mission kneeboard via putting the files directly in KNEEBOARD/IMAGES/ and named the files Kneeboard_1, Kneeboard_2, etc.