VLOG: DCS WORLD 2 EXCLUSIVE PEEK

Wags

Frugal's World, I am not sure if his site is still up as I used to get a B-day card from his site every year but not last one in 2014.

Froogle came way after frugal, frugal started in the mid 90's iirc, Ef2000 and TAW, Falcon etc.. and I think he was french..not sure

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Dudester22

EDIT: Meh, sniped.

Well, we don't know much about possible problems with EDGE and NTTR.

Perhaps it isn't running stable yet, perhaps it always crashes after 20 minutes, perhaps some areas of the map look extremely bad with huge holes in the ground where you can see water and the game crashes once you get closer than 10 miles to them.

Such things would create hundreds of angry threads by disappointed users, like "WHAT THE **** IS THIS ****, WE WAITED THAT LONG AND YOU GIVE US SOME UNFINISHED ****".

And nobody would care about the HUGE sign saying "ALPHA".

This concerns me a little too.

DCS releasing an Alpha is a big (and gutsy) move by them and I do applaud them for it as it will be exposed to so much more hardware and that can only be a good thing. Experienced Beta testers will not have any problems but as for others I'm not so sure.

People need to understand that this WILL crash and sometimes be hopelessly frustrating.

CaptainSim have tried the same thing with a 777 addon for FSX. I saw so many complaints from people saying it was buggy that it wasn't funny, then PMDG released the finished 777 and it only got worse...

Remember folks it's an ALPHA and nobody should have the right to complain when (not if) it crashes.

I think the community as a whole would be civil about it if edge is released on a beta client. The IL2:BoS early access went very smoothly on the forums with good quality bug reporting and civil discussion. Towards the end of the EA period and up to today, it did get a little ugly. But that was due to some gameplay design decisions, not bugs.

With the Alpha, and Beta releases of every module, there ought to be a rider, which the "tester" needs to read and agree, just like EULAs.

It would be easy to point out within the agreement, that the product is still being tested, and the release is being made to highlight possible compatibility issues, and discover bugs and report them in a businesslike manner. The product is still being modified, and that by agreeing to this, you undertake to make ONLY constructive observations, and will not suggest that the product falls short of expectations.

Failure to comply with these undertakings will be deemed a breach of the agreement, and you will be asked to withdraw from the testing phase of the program.

That might serve to dissuade the negativity that is always attached to Alpha and Beta releases, and give the developers time to put matters right without losing their good reputation over trivial matters that amount to no more than a hill of beans.

It would also allow them to state openly what issues they know remain, that are still to be resolved.

Im not sure what you guys are on about. It's like you think that the developers of these sims are these delicate flowers whose feelings are so fragile that any and all criticism causes clinical depression and adds months to the development time. Most players here have always, overwhelmingly been positive. Hell, most people don't even visit the forums. Most importantly, the developers are professionals, sure they have a lot of investment in their project but they have been around the block a few times they know what they are doing.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Im not sure what you guys are on about. It's like you think that the developers of these sims are these delicate flowers whose feelings are so fragile that any and all criticism causes clinical depression and adds months to the development time. Most players here have always, overwhelmingly been positive. Hell, most people don't even visit the forums. Most importantly, the developers are professionals, sure they have a lot of investment in their project but they have been around the block a few times they know what they are doing.

+1

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

With the Alpha, and Beta releases of every module, there ought to be a rider, which the "tester" needs to read and agree, just like EULAs.

It would be easy to point out within the agreement, that the product is still being tested, and the release is being made to highlight possible compatibility issues, and discover bugs and report them in a businesslike manner. The product is still being modified, and that by agreeing to this, you undertake to make ONLY constructive observations, and will not suggest that the product falls short of expectations.

Failure to comply with these undertakings will be deemed a breach of the agreement, and you will be asked to withdraw from the testing phase of the program.

That might serve to dissuade the negativity that is always attached to Alpha and Beta releases, and give the developers time to put matters right without losing their good reputation over trivial matters that amount to no more than a hill of beans.

It would also allow them to state openly what issues they know remain, that are still to be resolved.

:thumbup: Been at this for many a year and without something like you propose, I don't see any developer releasing ANY of their work until such time as they feel the negative feedback could be minimized. One only need read the forums to see that many "simmers" do not know a "Beta" from a final release. :music_whistling: Even a "final release" is subject to "bugs" due to the reality that there are just such a broad range of PC systems out there along with ever changing gear and technology. Time will tell whether ED takes an approach such as you put forth.

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT