Stuck on mission 5-1

I am having trouble completing mission 5-1

I cannot locate the tree I am supposed to drop troops at. I fly to the watch tower from the base camp, I then turn right and land at the first tree on the left.

Am I understanding the instructions correctly? this puts me in direct fire from enemy troops and helicopters.

The F-10 map has flags posted in that area, Am I supposed to land there?

I understand another user had issues with this and I am hoping there are some screen shots available.

I have looked through all the Knee board images and still cant work out where I am supposed to land.

This mission is so challenging with the weather, altitude, visibility and enemy fire.

I'm really enjoying it, I just don't know where i am going

Thanks for the help!

I understood the instructions on the second run.

Its not very clear on the voice over

When you get to the zone and land the first time on the orange smoke up the hill, thats the point you need to pass.

Keep going straight from there to S-SE, keeping the hill and enemy on your left.

Then a message appears telling you to land on the first tree on your left

WARNING, later on you need to go up the hill to the watch tower. And there are Ka50 on the zone that will kill you.

Its frustrating getting killed by those after fighting with the instructons.

I got killed both times. One with Vikhr, the other with cannon

I think putting those Ka50 there are a overkill, and not good for the player experience

Renko is right. Ther is a save passage passing over the first LZ.

This is true for both directions.

When flying combat missions it is essential to avoid actual battlefields on th ground.

So you use always the same way passing to the west.

During the howl mission you do not need to overfly ennemy troops in a suizide mission.

Most of the time you need to stay below the altitude of LZ 3 where you get the troops Inc. manpads.

In that way you also avoid the Mi-8 and ther safeguard K-50.

Please refer to the knee board vor LZ information.

Using the train is an essential part of that mission.

The LZ 3 on top of the hill is the highest point you clib for. I comming and departing northwest.

Always happy landings ;)

I am having trouble completing mission 5-1

I cannot locate the tree I am supposed to drop troops at. I fly to the watch tower from the base camp, I then turn right and land at the first tree on the left.

Am I understanding the instructions correctly? this puts me in direct fire from enemy troops and helicopters.

The F-10 map has flags posted in that area, Am I supposed to land there?

I understand another user had issues with this and I am hoping there are some screen shots available.

I have looked through all the Knee board images and still cant work out where I am supposed to land.

This mission is so challenging with the weather, altitude, visibility and enemy fire.

I'm really enjoying it, I just don't know where i am going

Thanks for the help!

I am out over the weekend but will post a Mapp with directions as soon as possible.

Always happy landings ;)

In that way you also avoid the Mi-8 and ther safeguard K-50.

I got to say that i´m really enjoying the campaign so far, even the demanding parts.

But today i tried again, and again got killed by a Ka50, on the first Manpad drop. While i was flying less than 10feet from ground and meters from the watchtower

Its really frustrating having to keep repeating the mission because of that.

Im going to repeat one more time but...

Edit: Fourth time the same, Killed. The Ka50 approaches so easy to the watchtower. Meanwhile the manpad miss every single time

And the other UH1 seem not to bother the Ka50, just my UH1 got targeted

Edit 2: Finally !

Somehow the Ka50s got scared away this time

The only issue for me to complete this mission were those Ka50s

Edited by Renko