Mission 10 Issue

First I just want to say I'm really enjoying the campaign and think it's really well done.

I'm having an issue with Mission 10 where you're on standby and have to help troops that have been ambushed. I've tried the mission about 8 times but only twice have I made it to the actual Valley where the first group of troops is located. Every other time the mission simply ends just before the turn to enter the valley. I think I'm doing something wrong because it's always after the statement from Peter about flying low and fast over the trees so the enemy doesn't hear us. However, I'm flying as low as I can over the trees (sometimes between them) and it still kicks me out.

Can you please tell me what I'm doing wrong? Is it because I'm flying along the south edge of the valley?

Thanks for your help and for the great campaign.

First I just want to say I'm really enjoying the campaign and think it's really well done.

I'm having an issue with Mission 10 where you're on standby and have to help troops that have been ambushed. I've tried the mission about 8 times but only twice have I made it to the actual Valley where the first group of troops is located. Every other time the mission simply ends just before the turn to enter the valley. I think I'm doing something wrong because it's always after the statement from Peter about flying low and fast over the trees so the enemy doesn't hear us. However, I'm flying as low as I can over the trees (sometimes between them) and it still kicks me out.

Can you please tell me what I'm doing wrong? Is it because I'm flying along the south edge of the valley?

Thanks for your help and for the great campaign.

It is a rescue mission in the first palce. So don't waste any time and get es quick as possible into the valley.:pilotfly:

There should be a message that the Infanterie is dead bevor the sudden end. We need to check that out. :noexpression:

Speed up after takeoff and you will make it - altitude is not the major issue

Always happy landings ;)

Thanks for your response.

I'm normally airborne just as the C-130 begins rolling and my average speed is 80-90 KIAS in cruise. Its odd because I have made it to the next step on some other attempts without changing my process. But the majority of the time it just ends suddenly without any notice.

Does it matter that I'm flying with the stable version?

Just wanted to say I finally completed this mission. I must have been too slow because I made a special effort to be as fast as possible this time and no issues.

Thanks again for a great campaign! Looking forward to the final mission!

I thank you for investing thrust in our work in the first place and of course for spending your money. Together with your feedback, this will help us build a second campaign and make it even better.

There are always some issues concerning DLC Campaigns and many of my friends have som bias because of bad experiences with other bugged Campaigns in the past. :cry:

:joystick: So we try hard to solve any issues as fast as possible and learn from that.

But fellow pilots like you, show others that even when DCS is sometimes a source of frustration to all of us, it is a great product and we can have a lot of fun as a community. And it is worth to risk something, go the hard way, dealing with issues and helping to solve them.

Many thanks to all of you already putting trust and some hope in our work :thumbup:

Always happy landings ;)

Fully agree on that. I had my doubts after the first 2 missions (long waiting times, translation issues, time limit), but the more the campaign progressed, the better it became. Overall, definitively worth it's price.

Also, the support here is good. Reaction time in the forum and in Discord is always quick.

• 2 months later...

Hello again, i am having an issue with mission 10. after i drop the team next to the mountain top house i am asked to go pick up eagle eye bravo team and it says i should go deep in the valley... actually it wasnt clear for me where to go... can you please shed some light where i should navigate to get to the team?

Hello again, i am having an issue with mission 10. after i drop the team next to the mountain top house i am asked to go pick up eagle eye bravo team and it says i should go deep in the valley... actually it wasnt clear for me where to go... can you please shed some light where i should navigate to get to the team?

Great to see your progress!

The Bravo team is on the opposite side of the valley.

Refer to the Kneeboard there is a map with a picture. Bravo is at LZ 2.

Behind the left corner of the building when you take the picture as a reference.

But they also drop smoke when you takeoff :thumbup:

Be careful crossing the valley, the shortest way may not the best because of the MANPAD down there.

Always happy landings ;)

• 4 months later...

Hey, long time follower first time poster. I’m needing to finally join the forum because I’m having trouble with mission 10. I have fended off the attackers and Alpha team retracts to LZ1. I’m using the “embark” command in the radio menu but only two soldiers get on the helicopter. I’ve dropped them off at the building but can’t get it to trigger bravo team. I’ve tried to go back and pick up the other soldiers at LZ1, but they disappear once I arrive. I’ve flown across the valley to LZ2, but Bravo team doesn’t pop smoke and call for evac. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

Hey, long time follower first time poster. I’m needing to finally join the forum because I’m having trouble with mission 10. I have fended off the attackers and Alpha team retracts to LZ1. I’m using the “embark” command in the radio menu but only two soldiers get on the helicopter. I’ve dropped them off at the building but can’t get it to trigger bravo team. I’ve tried to go back and pick up the other soldiers at LZ1, but they disappear once I arrive. I’ve flown across the valley to LZ2, but Bravo team doesn’t pop smoke and call for evac. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

Same for me. I also don´t get the trigger to pick up bravo team. Grizzly can You please look into it?

Greets

Data

I will check it out as fast as possible.

Bravo should be triggered when disembarking the first team at the building.

The embark function is fixed but the wayfinding of the AI Inf leads to many issues. They will get into the Helo but they can't find the way :cry::doh:

Always happy landings ;)

Hey.

We did some changes, so Alpha when disembarked will hopefully activate Bravo regardless of the wayfinding issues.

If not? :helpsmilie:

We added a Radio trigger to the Radio menu F-10 "ACTIVATE BRAVO TROOP" that appears after 60 seconds in the F-10 menu and will activate the trigger as well when needed.

The new miz file is already sent to ED and we hope it will be part of the next Update :thumbup:

Edited by CHPL

Always happy landings ;)

Wow, thanks for the quick response!

ED Will update on Wednesday. Unfortunately, the F-10 Radio solution will be needed. The wayfinding fix for the core will take longer because it is a very complex issue. :pilotfly:

Always happy landings ;)

Thanks for the great support!

That´s what we need with DCS campaigns.

What are Your plans for further campaigns? I surely will buy them.

Greets

Data

:megalol:

thanks for appreciating it.

There will be another HUEY Campaign next year. :smilewink:

But I have to say, right now we work hand in hand with ED to identify and fix the problems.

Today we are more than 5 hours at the Ai wayfinding issue.

And we can say it works fine in any new mission build after the update, and the problem is "only" related to already existing missions.

But now while we know that for sure and can prove that to the development team, I am sure the problem will be fixed very soon. :thumbup:

Always happy landings ;)

There are still problems with the AI and not all of them will appear for transport. :cry:

So if you transport ALPHA to the Building on the mountain and them disembarked. Wait for 40 Seconds and you may refer to the Radio menu F-10 activating BRAVO. :thumbup:

Always happy landings ;)

Mission 10 - Having trouble getting past after turning left in to valley

Am having a great deal of trouble at the commencement of mission 10. Monday when I was flying the mission I was following the river, turning left up the first valley and then would get the message "mission finished, mission red" (or something similar) and then it just stopped.

Today it has all changed, now I when I get close to turning left up the valley, my low RPM warning starts to sound. If I continue it just gets worse until I am hit by something and then the helicopter crashes. (I do realise when the low RPM warning goes off it means the throttle may have been retarded and this is not the problem) Normally I never get far past the low hill with the electrical pylon on top.

I have read what is on the forums of this topic and am aware one needs to use max TOT to get to the valley left turn before a certain time expires. However no matter how hard I try, I just cannot get there in the time frame allowed or to avoid been shot down. Is there something I am missing. Have watch another person video and he is doing the same as myself.

Could you given me some tips on how to overcome this please.

The campaign has been challenging but doable and I have really improved my huey handling skills. Thank-you for building this campaign.

Am having a great deal of trouble at the commencement of mission 10. Monday when I was flying the mission I was following the river, turning left up the first valley and then would get the message "mission finished, mission red" (or something similar) and then it just stopped.

Today it has all changed, now I when I get close to turning left up the valley, my low RPM warning starts to sound. If I continue it just gets worse until I am hit by something and then the helicopter crashes. (I do realise when the low RPM warning goes off it means the throttle may have been retarded and this is not the problem) Normally I never get far past the low hill with the electrical pylon on top.

I have read what is on the forums of this topic and am aware one needs to use max TOT to get to the valley left turn before a certain time expires. However no matter how hard I try, I just cannot get there in the time frame allowed or to avoid been shot down. Is there something I am missing. Have watch another person video and he is doing the same as myself.

Could you given me some tips on how to overcome this please.

The campaign has been challenging but doable and I have really improved my huey handling skills. Thank-you for building this campaign.

Unfortunately with any solved core issue, some new ones show up. Won't say this is one of them because I have to check first. :smilewink:

The time is running after takeoff. So you may have sufficient time to start up. No hover check or öther moving around. On possibility maybe a broken ME Trigger (Unit in the zone) because other missions have similar problems.

We check that out and provide a solution as fast as possible. :thumbup:

Thanks for your comments :thumbup::thumbup:

Always happy landings ;)