[REPORTED] The SA page open causes massive stuttering.

AleCisla

Turn off the Dispenser or SA page is the same a turbo to me hehehe

LOMAC, FC, DCS, AV-8B, F/A-18, F-16, AH-64, Super Carrier, Persian Gulf, Syria.

i7 12700K, 4070 Ti PNY XLR8 OC, 64 RAM DDR4 3200, B660M Aorus Pro, 1T NVMe Kingston Fury Renegade (DCS), 1T NVMe Kingston NV2 (OS), ASUS QHD 31,5" VG32VQ1B, VKB Gladiator Pro (metal gimbal) + Kosmosima grip, CH Pro Throttle, TIR 5.

Solved FPS drop

After several tests in single player or multiplayer I realized that the biggest drop in fps is in the following situation. TGP activated on any right or left screen and SA page on the central screen. This makes my FPS drop to 15 or worse. The instant I remove the SA for any other function, my FPS returns to normal.

Guys I solved the problem here by reinstalling the Nvidia driver. I did not play the DCS for a few days and yesterday when I went back to flight I installed the latest 445.75 driver and started having this FPS drop with SA and TGP in operation. Now I'm back to the 19th of the month. Driver 442.74 my setup I7-4790K 4.4ghz - 32gb Ram Corsair Vengeance - MOBO Msi gaming-3 - GPU Gtx-1070 msi gaming X.

I go from 60 FPS to 18FPS when selecting the SA page in the hornet. This started happening after the last Nvidia update. Deselecting the SA page goes back to normal.

32GB Ram 1728 MHz, 4.3GHz AMD FX8370, GX1070ti

Edited by Zeagle

I call your attention again to the following: this problem in FPS for me only occurs when I have the SA page open AND the Dispenser is on. When one of the two is turn off I don't have this problem. Strange :)

i7 12700K, 4070 Ti PNY XLR8 OC, 64 RAM DDR4 3200, B660M Aorus Pro, 1T NVMe Kingston Fury Renegade (DCS), 1T NVMe Kingston NV2 (OS), ASUS QHD 31,5" VG32VQ1B, VKB Gladiator Pro (metal gimbal) + Kosmosima grip, CH Pro Throttle, TIR 5.

I call your attention again to the following: this problem in FPS for me only occurs when I have the SA page open AND the Dispenser is on. When one of the two is turn off I don't have this problem. Strange :)

I second this post

I think I'll roll back drivers too, see what happens:joystick:

Edited by Diabolus IpseSum

Perfect @Sedlo. :thumbup:

My track show the same. It is in page 5 of this thread.

Yeah I get the same thing, using the 445.75 Driver.

Can anyone confirm rolling back to 445.74 fixes it?

I never updated to 445.74 (because I saw this thread) and I have no issues. I'm currently on 442.19 and I haven't noticed any issues regarding the SA page.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I rolled back to 441.87 and works perfectly, and for those who are concerned about playing Half-life Alex it runs perfect on this driver with rift s.:thumbup: new drivers are trash

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

likewise, rolled back and still getting the performance drop with SA on and random stutters every minute or so

8700k @5.2ghz delided \ Asus Maxiumus XI code \ RTX 3090 FE \ 32GB DDR4 corsair vengeance RGB @3600 \ 1TB Samsung 960 pro NVME \ 1TB samsung 850evo \ 2TB WD black HDD \ MFG crosswind v2 \  Virpil WARBRD X2 Constellation Alpha L+R and Mongoose CM3 throttle \ ASUSPG348Q 100hz 34 ultrawide 

[/i]https://imgur.com/a/VjNEllM

[REPORTED] The SA page open causes massive stuttering.

I also have a massive fps drop when using sa page.

Both in open beta and release.

Additionally when there are more units the drop increases. When alone there is no drop.

When i close the sa page immediately the fps come back to normal.

If you try the second mission of the stock 1989 fa18 cambaign (cas) that is a perfect example of losing 20/30 fps using the sa page.

I read about drivers on this thread.

I always have the latest from nvidia cannot say now which version is it.

But I remember to have this issue from a long time.

Edited by VirusAM

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽   🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

It seems like it’s the CM counters on the SA page causing the problem. Because when I would turn off the dispenser it would also return the FPS to normal. Turning off the dispenser removes the counters on the page

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

It seems like it’s the CM counters on the SA page causing the problem. Because when I would turn off the dispenser it would also return the FPS to normal. Turning off the dispenser removes the counters on the page

I can confirm this, turning off the dispenser makes things run as normal, while having it on results in a slowdown.

I can confirm this, turning off the dispenser makes things run as normal, while having it on results in a slowdown.

Turning off the Data Link also improves frame rates with the SA page up. Seems like you can have the dispensers ON but not have SA page up and FPS is good, or you can have the SA page up and Dispensers OFF or DL off (negates the purpose of the SA page) and FPS are good. More contributors to the SA page the worse the FPS hit is in my experience as a SP mission with no contributors or only E-2 are not affected.

Guy just an advice.

I uninstalled the latest nvidia drivers with DDU and rolled back to 442.50.

I read that many people are having issues with the latest drivers also on other sims. So in one of these forums, of one sim that recently received a vulkan beta i read a discussion about this particular version.

Also on this thread many people reported issues with the latest version

So I decided for a shot and tried that and had many benefits in both dcs and this other famous sim (which before was unplayable for me and between vulkan and this drivers has become a joy to use).

With dcs this sa page problem much improved using this nvidia driver version.

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽   🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

I have roughly the same problem, Frame rate is fine with S/A page open, its when I switch on the counter measures from off to on or standby that the frames drop dramatically.. can someone else test this, and see what the result is,, cheers

Red

SA page destroys FPS and makes the aircraft virtually unflyable. It happens only when countermeasures dispenser is on. I can provide tracks, screenshots and videos if needed.

ps. I won't be rolling back drivers and trying any other snake oil advice.

Edited by mdee

SA page destroys FPS and makes the aircraft virtually unflyable. It happens only when countermeasures dispenser is on. I can provide tracks, screenshots and videos if needed.

ps. I won't be rolling back drivers and trying any other snake oil advice.

Do as you wish...i just reported what was my experience....and not only with DCS