VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

My question is how to make my MIC switch center NOT having any VAICOM fiunction?

And the Navigation commands?

Thanks

Sorry. Posted a little too quick.

Navigation, page 51 in the manual under Flight|Maneuver

For key presses and the "chatter button", edit VAICOM profile. (NOT control panel).

Find the *Chatter* command under "and" "Extension packs"and edit it. Remove the joystick button assignment.

And like I wrote, no need to assign it to anything, as it's already configured to "When I say" *chatter*, the wildcards means you can say whatever chatter on/off etc.

You can even open the control panel by voice if you want too.

Under "Push-To-Talk", edit your TX and remove keyboard key assignment.

Hope this helps.

No n00b questions here. Had to do all this myself, just had forgotten how!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Edit the profile just to check that the key combo isn't mixed up.

You can also try to set a voice command for it, and open it that way.

I changed the key combos to a few different things and it didn't work. I didn't know how to assign a voice command. I haven't done that before.

I changed the key combos to a few different things and it didn't work. I didn't know how to assign a voice command. I haven't done that before.
No problem. Where you have the key combo, just check "when I say" and write something to say, like "open control panel" or something. You can also define a joystick button. That might be better temporarily.

But it is very strange this happens for you though.

I had a problem earlier in the week when upgrading to 2.18 and I got that fixed. A day later 2.18.1 came out and it updated and worked fine.

Yesterday I was trying out SRS together with VA/VP and it worked fine. As I started VA today it said again there is an update, 2.18.1 again. So I let it update again and know there is a red microphone in the right upper corner. it says my microphone is muted??? My Rift S headset shows an error that there is no audio although it can hear it fine. I switched it back to 2.17 but the same error, red microphone.

Any ideas?

Peter

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

Could someone please explain how I can use AIRIO get Jester to tune into a specific manual frequency on his ARC-182? If anyone is prepared to explain word-by-word what the command would be to tune to, for example, 127.5, I would really appreciate it.

Edited by Horns
removed irrelevant quote

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

I had a problem earlier in the week when upgrading to 2.18 and I got that fixed. A day later 2.18.1 came out and it updated and worked fine.

Yesterday I was trying out SRS together with VA/VP and it worked fine. As I started VA today it said again there is an update, 2.18.1 again. So I let it update again and know there is a red microphone in the right upper corner. it says my microphone is muted??? My Rift S headset shows an error that there is no audio although it can hear it fine. I switched it back to 2.17 but the same error, red microphone.

Any ideas?

Peter

Sounds like input devices has been switched around. Better check sound settings.

Sorry. Posted a little too quick.

Navigation, page 51 in the manual under Flight|Maneuver

For key presses and the "chatter button", edit VAICOM profile. (NOT control panel). Find the *Chatter* command under "and" "Extension packs"and edit it. Remove the joystick button assignment.And like I wrote, no need to assign it to anything, as it's already configured to "When I say" *chatter*, the wildcards means you can say whatever chatter on/off etc. You can even open the control panel by voice if you want too. Under "Push-To-Talk", edit your TX and remove keyboard key assignment. Hope this helps. No n00b questions here. Had to do all this myself, just had forgotten how!

Thanks, both worked out. :thumbup:

Some more question: with Easy comm OFF, does it really matter wich way I press my MIC button for a specific unit to talk to, or VAICOM will "find" the Recepient I'm trying to talk to, and button press direction is only for immersion, message goes through whichever way I press my MIC button anyways?

In other words: apart from not selecting the proper frequency manually (if at all), can I fail to send my message to any particular AI unit communicating on a specific radio set? Or is VAICOM a bit of cheating around proper frequency setting and keying the proper radio?

Thanks

Thanks, both worked out.

Some more question: with Easy comm OFF, does it really matter wich way I press my MIC button for a specific unit to talk to, or VAICOM will "find" the Recepient I'm trying to talk to, and button press direction is only for immersion, message goes through whichever way I press my MIC button anyways?

In other words: apart from not selecting the proper frequency manually (if at all), can I fail to send my message to any particular AI unit communicating on a specific radio set? Or is VAICOM a bit of cheating around proper frequency setting and keying the proper radio?

Thanks

You must choose correct radio switch. Even FC3 as far as I know. And sometimes you'll get correct recipient on first try. Seems to be a little different for like ATC and flight/wingmen.

I have easy comms off.

For me. Press the correct radio switch, and in the Mirage you must configure "intercom" as well to get the crew going. That was a new one for me.

Say the "select command" to get the correct recipient as well. Except for flight/wingmen. I feel whenever I say a corresponding command, that always goes to correct recipient without select command first.

For the "cheat". If you have the "tunes radios" option checked in the control panel it will also tune frequencies and correct switches in some modules when using select command with recipient.

I don't feel it as a cheat with the FOV limitations on computer screens.

I cannot get the "Fs" menu to pop up when I say Take 5, Take 10, Take 8, etc...

I always did it but now I can't. Once the menu is shown via keyboard I can navigate through the Fs menu with VAICOM, but no way I can get the menu to pop up with it.

What DCS or VAICOM options should I check?

Thanks

Edited by Birdman81

Spanish Ala12rv Pilot 

Nevada TTR // Persian Gulf // Syria // South Atlantic

T.35C Tamiz // C-101 Mirlo // F-5E Tiger // FA-18C Hornet // Mirage F1 // EF2K!!! // F-14B Tomcat // F-16C Viper

MSI.Z690 // i9-12900F 5.1GHz // RTX3090 24GB // DDR5 5600Mhz 64GB

QuestPro // Hotas.Warthog // MFG.Crosswind // WW.Panels // TK.ICP // MFD.Cougar // Jetseat

Oh... so "Select" will find anyone for me even if the radio is not properly tuned, or if I do not key the proper radio?
Correct, you just won't be able to communicate without correct frequency/radio. It's also a VERY neat way, to "know" you've "spoken" correctly, if you have the "audio cues", or whatever it's called, enabled in control panel.

Little tip. I have no clue why I haven't tested this mod before. But thanks to @Andrew u.k. I've rediscovered the "Scratch pad" mod. Now I just have to find out how to get the "dictate function" in Voice Attack to work with it.

I cannot get the "Fs" menu to pop up when I say F10, F5, F8, etc...

I always did it but now I can't. Once the menu is shown via keyboard I can navigate through the Fs menu with VAICOM, but no way I can get the menu to pop up with it.

What DCS or VAICOM options should I check?

Thanks

You must speak "options"! KEEP your radio button held as long as you want the menu to open, and then say the "take commands". I'll admit that since I was overseas my spoken "American" accent has detoriated, I have to add/train commands in the Microsoft Speech Recognition Dictionary. And because of no "time restraints" these days, I've used 10 minutes everyday for the past week to improve the MS Speech Recognition. It really seems to improve. Gonna force myself to do this another two weeks to see if it'll work as expected.

Sure. I explained myself wrong. I do not say F10 or F5.. instead I do say take 10 or take 5.

It always worked for me that way. Now it does not. The menu is not shown when I say it.. maybe I have unchecked any VAICOM option.. I do not know what is going wrong..

Spanish Ala12rv Pilot 

Nevada TTR // Persian Gulf // Syria // South Atlantic

T.35C Tamiz // C-101 Mirlo // F-5E Tiger // FA-18C Hornet // Mirage F1 // EF2K!!! // F-14B Tomcat // F-16C Viper

MSI.Z690 // i9-12900F 5.1GHz // RTX3090 24GB // DDR5 5600Mhz 64GB

QuestPro // Hotas.Warthog // MFG.Crosswind // WW.Panels // TK.ICP // MFD.Cougar // Jetseat

Sure. I explained myself wrong. I do not say F10 or F5.. instead I do say take 10 or take 5.

It always worked for me that way. Now it does not. The menu is not shown when I say it.. maybe I have unchecked any VAICOM option.. I do not know what is going wrong..

No worries. I understood F vs take!

Yes, check the "options setting". That might be it.

I struggled with this before. So I manually added both "options" and all of the "take 1, take 2..." etc to the MS voice dictionary to get it working. I've also checked the "sound cue" setting in control panel, so I will hear if it doesn't understand me.

Hope you fix it!

Is anyone else hearing a dinging sound when pressing transmit? It sounds like an elevator arriving at the next floor. I just noticed this after the last Voice Attack update. I’ve checked settings and don’t see anything.

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

TM F/A-18 Stick | Virpil WarBRD | WinWIng F/A-18 HOTAS

Is anyone else hearing a dinging sound when pressing transmit? It sounds like an elevator arriving at the next floor. I just noticed this after the last Voice Attack update. I’ve checked settings and don’t see anything.
Did you check the "notification sound" setting in VA? Only one I can think of.

No problem. Where you have the key combo, just check "when I say" and write something to say, like "open control panel" or something. You can also define a joystick button. That might be better temporarily.

But it is very strange this happens for you though.

Thanks man! The voice command worked. The key command still isn't though. It is weird that it is doing that.

Did you check the "notification sound" setting in VA? Only one I can think of.

Thanks, but I checked that already and it's disabled

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

TM F/A-18 Stick | Virpil WarBRD | WinWIng F/A-18 HOTAS

I daisy chained my previous general "DCS" profile to VAICOM's via "Options / Include previous profiles". How can I check, if the old commands are really working?

Question is because I had previously a "Briefing" (Alt-B) command, now VAICOM has his own for Chrystal Palace. If I just say "Briefing", looking at the Listening screen, it says "Briefing recognized" then "PTT: use an active TX node".

I rather want back my own "DCS" profile Briefing command, so i the VAICOM profile I look up and I take out the checkbox from "When I say" in the VAICOM profile Editor "Briefing command" and close, it says it will generate 506 new commands (I press OK), then he considers "Briefing" unrecognized, as I would have never ever used it.

What am I doing wrong? I don't wanna be disappointed in VAICOM before I even get to know it...

I daisy chained my previous general "DCS" profile to VAICOM's via "Options / Include previous profiles". How can I check, if the old commands are really working?

Question is because I had previously a "Briefing" (Alt-B) command, now VAICOM has his own for Chrystal Palace. If I just say "Briefing", looking at the Listening screen, it says "Briefing recognized" then "PTT: use an active TX node".

I rather want back my own "DCS" profile Briefing command, so i the VAICOM profile I look up and I take out the checkbox from "When I say" in the VAICOM profile Editor "Briefing command" and close, it says it will generate 506 new commands (I press OK), then he considers "Briefing" unrecognized, as I would have never ever used it.

What am I doing wrong? I don't wanna be disappointed in VAICOM before I even get to know it...

Ahhh... Wait until you try to "close canopy". That's also taken... RIO. But please don't be disappointed.

But your question is legit. I don't think there's another fix yet. Or maybeeeee. Hmmm

Let me think.

But did you remove "briefing"? Because you prefer it in the other VA profile?