[REPORTED]PP mode in JDAM cancel the TGP waypoint slave

Martin2487

PP mode in JDAM cancel the TGP waypoint slave. If the TGP is a slave on waypoint and JDAM is selected, it will cancel the TGP slave because the default mode JDAM is PP. When switched to TOO mode, the TGP is slave again. I think it's a bug. Doesn't make sense to me that the pilot then selects JDAM to lose the lock targets and situation awareness.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Y8fVHZPgXBeXPvjbuMtWQzxxupYdsZhg/view?usp=sharing

This strikes me as unusual as well. I can confirm same behaviour here.

Using the FLIR for JDAM bomb damage assessment was going to be useful. I can imagine having 2 'TGT' points is causing confusion in the system. The PP TGT and the WP DESG TGT conflict with each other. Maybe it's not possible IRL, not sure yet, need to dig more.

Make sure your JDAMs are all set to TOO before designating any targets/waypoints. Step through each bomb.

That kinda defeats the purpose of what we’re trying to do. The scenario is that you got a group of PP targets from mission planning. You want to use the TGP to view impacts, so you create a waypoint in the same target locality. Pressing WPDSG should slave the TGP to the waypoint.... except it doesn’t because there’s a conflict with the TGT crated in the PP Mission. This maybe by design, but it does create difficulties for what should be a common and useful task for TGP/JDAM combo.

Yep...can confirm this beahvior....at first I thought "damn what am I donig wrong now...."

But after several tries with restarting....occuping a new slot....if you dont put your JDAMS to TOO Mode before using the TGP your Slave function is vanished!

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2

It does come back as soon as you select TOO.

Example, you have 2 JDAM on 2 pylons.

You select TOO on the first one, turn on the POD, press waypoint designate. Your pod is slaved to the TGT. As soon as you drop the bomb, the pod goes rogue but if you select store/JDAM/TOO again, it comes back directly to your previous target.

Make sure your JDAMs are all set to TOO before designating any targets/waypoints. Step through each bomb.

That workaround helps indeed. But I guess this is an incorrect behaviour.

Here is another related thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=267874

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

• ED Team

Reported to the team for checking

also related

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=268005

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2