Intercom radio menu popping up for no apparent reason

Razor18

Hi Guys,

can someone tell me what command is responsible for the "Intercom" radio menu to pop up once in a while? Or at what command line should I look for any inadvertant mis-assignment in the controls menu?

I have the VHF, UHF and FM on the 4-way thumb hat on the Warthog throttle (forward, back and down, as RL) with no problem, UP direction of switch is not assigned to anything in DCS (I use it in for TeamSpeak PTT, asigned in TeamSpeak only). But while "investigating", I couldn't call up Intercom menu on purpose with this button, or with any other for that matter, so can't even reproduce it on purpose. Sometimes it just comes up random during flight, but I can't track down what brings it up. Sometimes it even seems to appear after a small movment of the joystick...

I'm clueless...

Anyone out there?

Thanks

The only thing I know I have dealt with on this issue is with Vaicom Pro/Voice Attack

Some of the updates with Open Beta has not allowed Viacom enough time to get out ahead of the patch and can cause where it auto spans the communications window.

This is a hard thing to answer as "intercom" can be any of those switches with the radio selector dial on the volume audio panel on the aft/outboard section of the left console.

DCS will also revert to "intercom" when Alternating Current is not being received to the radio antenna for broadcasting

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

As A10Yoda says, if you have Vaicom/ Voiceattack installed, it'll be that. After each update it seems to reset where it's looking for Vaicom. Simply LCtrl, LeftAlt + c and go to Config then in Use custom DCS path, point to where you release version or openbeta is and press set. Jobs a good 'un

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

I have Voice Attack, but I do not have Vaicom (in fact I downloaded Vaicom, but never installed yet as I found mixed opinions about it).

What if I only have Voice Attack?

And the Intercom switch is never in the Intercom position, when this happens. I chaeked that too...

Not sure then, sorry. Someone will pipe up and answer your question though

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

I have Voice Attack, but I do not have Vaicom (in fact I downloaded Vaicom, but never installed yet as I found mixed opinions about it).

What if I only have Voice Attack?

And the Intercom switch is never in the Intercom position, when this happens. I chaeked that too...

You cannot have voice attack active without Vaicom.

Vaicom is the program, voice attack is the mod to vaicom

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

You cannot have voice attack active without Vaicom.

Vaicom is the program, voice attack is the mod to vaicom

I think it is rather the other way around. Vaicom is a mod for Voice Attack.

Vaicom homepage description also says: "Running as a dedicated plugin in VoiceAttack,..."

Edited by Razor18

do you have "HM press" bound to anything? "INT press" and "Rotary selector INT" would be the other commands that might bring up an intercom dialog box.

No, no and no. If the 3rd option would be the case, then I would see the rotary turned to Intercom, after menu appeared anyway, don't I?

No, no and no. If the 3rd option would be the case, then I would see the rotary turned to Intercom, after menu appeared anyway, don't I?

If you have none of the three bound to anything then I'd suggest running a repair. There is something wrong on your end for sure.

If you have none of the three bound to anything then I'd suggest running a repair. There is something wrong on your end for sure.

My only problem with the repair I have a lot of "extra" files including .miz files and whatnot that Repair wants to delete afterwards. But I don't want to delete them, so I don't know if Repair would help anyway.

Too bad, give it a try. Don't listen to others!

I use it every day. DCS is now completely lame without it.

Super Carrier and (hopefully) new ATC will be a blast with it!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

OK, I might try it, but can I simply disable it if I experience some setback? Or do I need to uninstall it, if I don't like it or I don't need it for a while (playing multiplayer, where it makes I heard more trouble than good)?

And how easy is to set up and fine tune, if any?

I think he means your throttle buttons may be sending false “clicks” when you dont actually intend to click. Ie “ghost clicks”. See if your radio button is sticky, off center. If you touch it gently or wiggle it just a little do you get any phantom menus popping up?

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

Bottom of the debriefing screen there is an option "Save Track." It's an external file you can upload here or somewhere that you can link it. Recreate the problem in a short mission then exit and save the track.

I have a suspicion that a lot of this "comm menu popping up" relates to problems with using the ATC, but not sure unless I can see a track.

OK, I might try it, but can I simply disable it if I experience some setback? Or do I need to uninstall it, if I don't like it or I don't need it for a while (playing multiplayer, where it makes I heard more trouble than good)?

And how easy is to set up and fine tune, if any?

Yup, that's easy. Just choose another Voice Attack profile, or just don't run Voice Attack at all.

It's not a mod. It's a plugin for Voice Attack that ain't active when not selected.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk