"we believe we have largely addressed these issues." MISSION ACCMPLISHED????

Ziptie

My opinion about this programing disaster is ED team has decided to implement its own graphic engine, and it simply DOES'T WORK. The situation is not under control at all, and it won't be because this graphic engine seems spoiled from the bottom to the top.

Sadly I feel you may have hit the nail on the head. While some things it can do well, others seem completely out of it's realm of abilities such as night time and other weather/env circumstances which it should have been created with the ability to do as well from it's inception. However it appears it simply is incapable of achieving a decent, let alone a high quality, env effects for anything other than day lit hours in the world env. Hopefully ED can get there one day. But to do so, I think it is gonna take a major update/upgrade/overhaul to their engine to give it abilities it currently is just not capable of. Ones it needs to be able to do and should have been part of it's design mandate when it was being created. Seems no one thought users might want to fly in 'off hours' or non-golden hour sunlight moments. Not sure how that was not considered.

I really hope one day to be able to look back on a post such as this and say to myself, "I was wrong, they nailed it finally!"

My opinion about this programing disaster is ED team has decided to implement its own graphic engine, and it simply DOES'T WORK. The situation is not under control at all, and it won't be because this graphic engine seems spoiled from the bottom to the top.

This right here.. is complete nonsense, it does work, sure this latest "update" seems to have a massive glitch with the Nevada map, but to state 2.5 simply does not work, is hyperbole at its finest.

Initial release of 2.5 on my home rig on a crappy 970 and 16GB RAM with everything apart from traffic maxed out was a treat, and it was even better on this laptop.

The last update has caused more issues than it fixed in my opinion, but it still works, looks great, lots of room for improvement too, sounds like taking a break from DCS would do you the power of good, and those of us who enjoy this release, despite the botch up with Nevada, can fly in the skies, till our hearts are content ..

It's not rocket science, if something bugs you to such an extent, don't do it, stop playing it, uninstall it.. find something that doesn't vex you into making hyperbolic statements.

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

Please put PC specifications in your sig. Saying 2.5 doesn't work means nothing and is just frustrating to read w/out being able to help.

The game no longer supports 32 bit operating systems, just a FYI.

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

nope

- the 4th patch is from Wednesday March 14th.

-These issues have been around since 2.0 open Alpha and only got worse.

-1.5.8 is no longer being worked on. its an old build that will no longer be supported. EDS is only working on 2.5.

There was also a patch to update 4 issued on Friday. These issues were not present since 2.0, and have appeared only with the release of a BETA test version of 2.5.

Might I also point out that 2.0 was an ALPHA build, and as such, both the Beta and Alpha versions can be expected to have issues. Once it has been released, you can start to moan, but until then, patience, and lower expectations ought to be the order of the day.

No one told you to participate in pre-release testing, and you can hardly moan when it happens to be below expectations. That is what Beta testing is all about!

Caucus map was a free product... free, something that's lost on many people, unhappy at a product they got for nothing.. :music_whistling:

That's not exactly true. If you buy a module, you can't use it without a map.

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Black Shark 2, FC3, UH-1H, M-2000C, A-10C, MiG-21, Gazelle, Nevada map

That's not exactly true. If you buy a module, you can't use it without a map.

Nope, the map is free, as are 2 aircraft.

You don't buy modules without needing the base product first. :smilewink: that's like buying a spare wheel for a car you don't own !!

All the modules are optional, the base terrain didn't cost you a single penny.

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

Yes but if you have bought modules, you need the map to use them. That's what he's trying to say. Everything used to work pretty well. Now both versions of DCS are half broken, be it 1.5.8 or 2.5 OB. So what do you do now with all the paid aircrafts and campaigns you already bought?

Edited by Nooch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You have a map. All modules (except possibly the Harrier) work in 1.5, and that has a working map.

For the most part, we can and do use the 2.5 map successfully. You just have to understand that it is still being developed. When it's finished, there will not be any issues with memory leaks etc. Be patient.

You have a map. All modules (except possibly the Harrier) work in 1.5, and that has a working map.

You couldn't be more wrong. Many modules (mostly campaigns but some aircraft systems too) do not work currently in 1.5.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes but if you have bought modules, you need the map to use them. That's what he's trying to say. Everything used to work pretty well. Now both versions of DCS are half broken, be it 1.5.8 or 2.5 OB. So what do you do now with all the paid aircrafts and campaigns you already bought?

You have also missed the main point, the initial product, that is the map, along with 2 flyable aircraft are FREE.. which makes it a free product does it not?

If you want to fly certain aircraft on the free map, then yes, you have to purchase those, I'm not talking about purchasing additional aircraft here, 2.5 even in it's current state is a free product.

1.58 was a free product

2.0 was a free product..

If someone gave you a free Subaru imprezza, without all the trimmings, but you bought and added all the spoilers and alloys etc and fine tuned it, at your own cost, regardless of what you did,the base product was still free.

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

You have also missed the main point, the initial product, that is the map, along with 2 flyable aircraft are FREE.. which makes it a free product does it not?

If you want to fly certain aircraft on the free map, then yes, you have to purchase those, I'm not talking about purchasing additional aircraft here, 2.5 even in it's current state is a free product.

1.58 was a free product

2.0 was a free product..

If someone gave you a free Subaru imprezza, without all the trimmings, but you bought and added all the spoilers and alloys etc and fine tuned it, at your own cost, regardless of what you did,the base product was still free.

The base product is free, of course. No doubt about it.

Now that you've bought all the spoilers, body kit, turbo, etc for your Impreza imagine if the person who gave you the car for free came back and lit it on fire. How would you feel?

This kind of like what's happening for us. We bought all these nice modules and can't use them properly anymore.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Anyone who buys accessories for an Impreza deserves everything they get!

Seriously though, you do understand the concept of pre-release testing do you not? Whether campaigns are working or not, the small print in the purchase agreement will have said all you would need to know. You did read the small print didn't you?

The base product is free, of course. No doubt about it.

Now that you've bought all the spoilers, body kit, turbo, etc for your Impreza imagine if the person who gave you the car for free came back and lit it on fire. How would you feel?

This kind of like what's happening for us. We bought all these nice modules and can't use them properly anymore.

More akin to them taking the ignition keys !! :megalol:

Don't get me wrong, they broke my modules too, well, the modules are not broken, the addon product is still the same one I was using 7 days ago, without any issues, and the re activation bollocks isn't the best thing on start up each time either.

But I'm also open minded that this base product is still not the fully released version.

Do you recall Wags saying after initial release they hoped to have 2.5 stable to release as a public build in 2 weeks?? :lol:

That was the kiss of death right away!!

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

Anyone who buys accessories for an Impreza deserves everything they get!

Seriously though, you do understand the concept of pre-release testing do you not? Whether campaigns are working or not, the small print in the purchase agreement will have said all you would need to know. You did read the small print didn't you?

You said it well yourself. The "small" print. They reserve themselves the right, in small fonts, to break the stuff you've bought. This doesn't make it more acceptable.

Let's not demonize ED either. I'm sure they want to make the best products they can but I'm sure you get my point. We should at least be vocal about the fact there is a problem right now.

Also they shouldn't be saying "if you don't like 2.5 OB then go play 1.5." because both versions are currently full of very serious bugs.

Do you recall Wags saying after initial release they hoped to have 2.5 stable to release as a public build in 2 weeks?? :lol:

That was the kiss of death right away!!

I do and that's also why a lot of people are mad at ED right now.

Edited by Nooch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The best way to be vocal is to not get mad, but productive, and report all the issues that have not been "picked up"

as in no need to post another issue about "lighting" when there's several threads open already.

Nobody listens to someone going off on a rant, did you ever listen to your parents when they were giving it large?? ;)

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

NO

I am not stating that.

Modules are always released to the latest version and not legacy versions.

By the time these so far unreleased modules are in the public we will have moved on from 1.5.8 and it will be a legacy version.

thank you !

This speaks volumes!

I will leave it at that, as everyone on here swallowed the "it's only beta pill" "go back to 1.58 you troll" I will ask that you absorb what Bignew has just stated.

Just let it sink for a moment before the bells start ringing,.

You had a choice bucko - no one made you.

That would be a good handle. Someday I might change my handle to Bucko. :tomato:

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

thank you !

This speaks volumes!

I will leave it at that, as everyone on here swallowed the "it's only beta pill" "go back to 1.58 you troll" I will ask that you absorb what Bignew has just stated.

Yeah, you really found the smoking gun there champ.

Eventually, 2.5 will be a stable release version at which time new modules will be released for it. I'm scandalized.

Yeah, you really found the smoking gun there champ.

Eventually, 2.5 will be a stable release version at which time new modules will be released for it. I'm scandalized.

Watch what's going to happen. It's over you head champ

As it is Steam only offers the 2.5 "Beta" version and not the "official release" 1.58

Modules are always released to the latest version and not legacy versions

Which build is the current version? pretty sure it's still "beta"

What was the last module released for DCS? AV8? How long ago was that release? Is it still being worked on and is it the final build, bearing in mind it was also an early release ie, NOT the finished product.

It stands to reason that modules being currently worked on are geared towards the current, and future releases, I've never known an addon in ANY game that's geared towards legacy builds, as opposed to current builds.

Your "so there !!" point is actually quite moot.

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

Which build is the current version? pretty sure it's still "beta"

What was the last module released for DCS? AV8? How long ago was that release? Is it still being worked on and is it the final build, bearing in mind it was also an early release ie, NOT the finished product.

It stands to reason that modules being currently worked on are geared towards the current, and future releases, I've never known an addon in ANY game that's geared towards legacy builds, as opposed to current builds.

Your "so there !!" point is actually quite moot.

It actually stands to reason that any new modules would be geared for the official release. Isn't 1.58 the "official release" ???

• ED Team
thank you !

This speaks volumes!

I dont know what the problem is

It has always been this way, you are trying to imply something that is not correct.

Release version is 1.5.8

beta version is 2.5.0

in the future 2.5.0 will be pushed to release

1.5.8 will be a legacy version

New module is released sometimes to beta first sometimes to release which ever, 1.5.8 will be irrelevant it will be a legacy version.

that is how software works, versions get updated

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2