Static object Collision shell arg numbers.

Hawkeye60

Anyone have a list of the arg numbers for collision shells?

In particular for static objects.

I am using DCS mod tools beta to assign the collision shell to the object in Max.

There is a selection box for the arg number.

I have tried 17 and 82 with no joy.

I can fly right through the object.

I want the aircraft to explode when contacting it.

Do I need a collision file as well?

I may miss-understand, but i thought all I needed to do was use DCS mod tools to assign these to the properties of static objects only.

Hope this makes sense.

Anyone know the answer?

Have the Arg numbers?

Thanks in advance.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Anyone have a list of the arg numbers for collision shells?

In particular for static objects.

I am using DCS mod tools beta to assign the collision shell to the object in Max.

There is a selection box for the arg number.

I have tried 17 and 82 with no joy.

I can fly right through the object.

I want the aircraft to explode when contacting it.

Do I need a collision file as well?

I may miss-understand, but i thought all I needed to do was use DCS mod tools to assign these to the properties of static objects only.

Hope this makes sense.

Anyone know the answer?

Have the Arg numbers?

Thanks in advance.

In order to make it collidable, you need to make a low-poly mesh of your object, link it with a dummy and type in the "user defined" something like "type =...", don't remember thr correct syntax right now.

There is no need for that to animate anything.

That's one way i know of...

Edited by razo+r

Using DCS Mod tools beta assigns this to the object properties user selection tab.

This is the correct code,

TYPE = "renderable|collision_shell";
DAMAGE_ARGUMENT = 17;

I am using arg 17 here.

I have not found a arg number that will work.

This is assigned directly to the object itself, not to a separate collision shell.

My understanding is for a Static object, this is all that is needed.

But no joy yet.

If you are unfamiliar with this program, take a look, very handy!

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92933&highlight=dcs+mod+tools+beta

Works in 2014 and 2016

Still looking for the answer.........

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."