Real Simulator making a high-end F16C grip

It looks like Real Simulator, the creators of the FSSB R3 force-sensing base, are going to make a high-end F16C stick:

http://www.realsimulator.com/FSSB_R3_Forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=124&sid=82775bfd7b16335175cce0641ce6eaa2#p626

According to the post, there will be 3 versions: commercial, professional, and home user, in both left-handed and right-handed versions. There's an image of it here:

F16C-Grips-MIL-1.jpg

ah that's great ! i'am very happy with the quality of my FSSB R3 Mod.

Realsimulator has a awesome quality

So this is like the F16 mod that they have? It uses force sensing rather than deflection to translate joystick movement? I get that F16's are like that IRL, but for Warthog, does it make sense? What do you fly mostly?

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Ouch i feel for you this is what can happen Simulation is a costly enterprise.

Aww man, I should have stayed in better touch with Manuel because I'm in the middle of doing the exact same thing, many thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours into making it happen :/

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

Wonder if it will be adaptable to the VKB base?

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

If inside of grip has space for VKB electronic adapter and if this grip accept replace the lower "nut" by VKB "clamp" connector - what seems highly improbable, maybe.

But certainly will be "BnP" in VPC/BRD bases. ;)

But the joystick market really need another F-16 like grip - why not F-22, F-35? :)

• 3 weeks later...

There's been an update. The F-16 grip is now in final preproduction stages. It will have 38 switches and 2 rotaries. Here's a picture of it. The image says 1 rotary, but the description on the main website says 2 rotaries. It seems like every single switch is now a 5-way hat, including the master mode button, pickle button, and pinky switch. I'm interested in seeing how this will feel, as traditionally 5-way hats don't feel all that great when you're pressing them in, and the 4 other directions don't feel as good as a 4-way hat without center press. One of the rotaries is around the outside of the trim hat, and the other one is unknown at this point. The rotary looks like it re-purposes the 'bezel' of the trim hat. It's unknown whether 'rotary' in this case refers to a rotary encoder, or a potentiometer-style range adjuster. It also looks like it will have the 12-degree forward tilt already built in.

F16-botones.jpg

Edited by Ranma13

There's been an update. The F-16 grip is now in final preproduction stages. It will have 38 switches and 2 rotaries. Here's a picture of it. The image says 1 rotary, but the description on the main website says 2 rotaries. It seems like every single switch is now a 5-way hat, including the master mode button, pickle button, and pinky switch. I'm interested in seeing how this will feel, as traditionally 5-way hats don't feel all that great when you're pressing them in, and the 4 other directions don't feel as good as a 4-way hat without center press. One of the rotaries is around the outside of the trim hat, and the other one is unknown at this point. The rotary looks like it re-purposes the 'bezel' of the trim hat. It's unknown whether 'rotary' in this case refers to a rotary encoder, or a potentiometer-style range adjuster. It also looks like it will have the 12-degree forward tilt already built in.

http://realsimulator.com/assets/images/F16-botones.jpg

Good lord, that is so much over kill. Way over done IMO. Kind of ruins the luster of what I had expected to be a high fidelity, high quality sim grip.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

F16-botones.jpg

Im assuming that will work only with the FSSB base?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Most likely. Despite the connector being compatible with the Warthog base, the extra buttons mean that it will only be compatible with the FSSB base. There may be a compatibility option where the extra buttons are unused if connected to the Warthog base, but we won't know for sure until more info comes out.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like they're also going to sell a limited run of gauges:

As part of the 30Th anniversary we are preparing a lot of new instruments and gauge derived from our professional series to make it available for the home users fans. Will be a short and numbered production, so stay tuned for the preorder advertisement

HSIs.jpg

It's unknown at this time if the HSI will be the only gauge or if there will be others, and it's also unknown how it will interact with the sim, and also which sims it will be compatible with out of the box. The picture shows though that it's a LCD screen rather than physically moving parts, with cutouts for the DME range and course windows.

Also, I mis-read the earlier post on their front page regarding the F16 grip. It will have one two-way rotary (the one around the trim hat) rather than two rotaries.

Edited by Ranma13

Another 2 pictures released showing the grip, home version compared to the military version:

Can’t wait. I really like their FSSB R3 lighting base with my Wathog grip. Haven’t touched any other sticks since I started using this combo. Hopefully this will be a step up from the Warthog grip which I consider the best out there in terms of fit and finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Their devices (Bugeye techonolgies) look incredible and appear to be on a different tier compared to what's generally available out there. Of course the costs are likely prohibitive.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Unless im mistaken im sure I read a review from a user here of a bugeye throttle which was somewhat mediocre.

Maybe Throttletek (the Hornet throttle)?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

Does the real F-16 grip have those?

[ATTACH]181598[/ATTACH]

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

• 5 months later...

So already September, I wonder if this project is stalled?

GPU: RTX 4090 - 3,000 MHz core / 12,000 MHz VRAM. 

CPU: 7950X3d - 5.2 GHz X3d, 5.8 GHz secondary / MB: ASUS Crosshair X670E Gene / RAM: G.Skill 48GB 6400 MHz

SSD: Intel Optane P5800X - 800GB

VR: Pimax Crystal

CONTROLS: VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base / VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime Grip / VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / TM Pendular Rudders

Originally Posted by ///Rage viewpost.gif

Unless im mistaken im sure I read a review from a user here of a bugeye throttle which was somewhat mediocre.

Maybe Throttletek (the Hornet throttle)?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, in an old of this topics that eventually came when someone find (again) this "professional simulator controls" (e.g.Bugeye, Aerotronics...), an guy post that bought and find then less than their price suggest.

Similar to experince of guys that bought Trottletek. :)

No, in an old of this topics that eventually came when someone find (again) this "professional simulator controls" (e.g.Bugeye, Aerotronics...), an guy post that bought and find then less than their price suggest.

Similar to experince of guys that bought Trottletek. :)

Luckily Throttletek is <50% of the price (albeit 2-3x the price of other options)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig: