Hornet Hype thread. Videos, Pictures, Books, Articles. Build that hype.

Ocelotunit

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting ready for her ;)

Jet Stream was such a great show!

Can't wait for carrier ops

tumblr_nzgh9d1a8G1trd7tho1_500.gif

bfaocxrgyxhuapwfx03h.gif?w=636&h=287&crop=1

standard..gif

(Sry Rhinos I know - tough to find gifs of C hornets)

Crosshair VI Hero | Ryzen 3900X @ 3.9 Ghz | eVGA GTX 1070 Ti

32 GB G.Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz | MS Force Feedback 2 | TIR 5

ASUS VG248QE

Lest we not forget the crew that makes it all happen safely. Jul 4th celebrations.

Like a boss, haha.

Signaling for the launch of an F/A-18F Super Hornet on the flight deck of the aircraft carrier USS Ronald Reagan in the Pacific Ocean, July 4, 2017. The Ronald Reagan is on patrol in the U.S. 7th Fleet area of responsibility to support security and stability in the Indo-Asia-Pacific region

launch-of-an-FA-18F-Super-Hornet-on-the-flight-deck-of-the-aircraft-carrier-USS-Ronald-Reagan-905x604.jpg

Edited by Vlerkies

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

Super Hornet, but still goosies.

Life and death in the Shooters hands

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

Actually thats a F/A-18C.

Nice video though, thanks for posting. :)

-Nick

:thumbup:

I clearly can't tell the difference between my plum and strawberry jam cans :P

Looked like it had a little hook in the wing, but I really struggle to tell the difference.

:doh:

Edited by Vlerkies

US_Navy_071107-N-6346S-393_An_F-A-18C_Hornet%2C_attached_to_the_Knighthawks_of_Strike_Fighter_Squadron_%28VFA%29_136%2C_tests_its_flare_countermeasures_system_during_sunset%2C_just_prior_to_beginning_a_Close_Air_Support_mission_in_suppor.jpg

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:US_Navy_071107-N-6346S-393_An_F-A-18C_Hornet,_attached_to_the_Knighthawks_of_Strike_Fighter_Squadron_(VFA)_136,_tests_its_flare_countermeasures_system_during_sunset,_just_prior_to_beginning_a_Close_Air_Support_mission_in_suppor.jpg

We need how to post youtube videos in the FAQ

Nothing on this planet is cooler than USN CV ops...:thumbup:

wTZbY06U0qk

For the link you posted, leave only the red text in between the YouTube handles and it will work.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

:thumbup:

I clearly can't tell the difference between my plum and strawberry jam cans :P

Looked like it had a little hook in the wing, but I really struggle to tell the difference.

:doh:

When in doubt, look at the air intakes, huge difference

• Like 1

Canucks, ey.

5e Escadre Virtuelle du Canada / 5 Virtual Wing of Canada

Intel i9-9900KF - 8 Cores/16 Threads - 3,6/5,0GHZ / 48GB RAM / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB 3D NAND NVMe M.2 SSD / Crucial P5 1TB 3D NAND NVMe Internal SSD / WD Gold 2TB Enterprise Class HDD / NVIDIA RTX 3090 / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Warthog / F/A-18C Hornet HOTAS ADD-ON Grip / WINWING Super Taurus Throttle / Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals / Win 10 Pro

Modules owned: P-51D, F-86F, A-10C, M-2000C, F-5E, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-16C

Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Syria.

For all you Central Europe/Central Eastern Europe based Hornet lovers out there:

There is an upcoming airshow in Slovakia (SIAF 2017 - Air Base Sliac 26. to 27. August 2017) with a Two ship Spanish EF-18 Hornets in the Flying Display !!

On Saturaday, the Hornet duo is even the first Jet appearance in the flying program atm !

https://www.siaf.sk/en/program-2207/saturday-26-8-2017.html

This will be my ultimate Hornet experience as spectator ; before I'll jump into the pit of the virtual example ;)

**** HYPE **** HYPE **** HYPE ****

cheers

Edited by JABO2009

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

If you've not watched Jetstream, I highly recommend it. It follows a class of fighter pilots as they learn to fly the CF-18 with 410 Squadron in Cold Lake.

Thanks for posting this. I'm watching it now and getting pretty pumped up for flying this bird. I'm way too old for the real plane, but with enough dedication and time, maybe I can do it virtually. No, not maybe. I'll do it.

Thanks again.

Buzz