New BF109K4 Cockpit Mod

Bex

You might be able to use this mod https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1191557/ in conjunction with yours.

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

I'll give it a try, thanks

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Unfortunately it's not working, i tried with 2.1.x only

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

• 4 weeks later...

i get several pn´s to ask where you can find the mod. I´m not often online in this forum, pn´s will be answered very late.

You can find the cockpit mod at lockonfiles dot com. checked with version 2.1.1.9459 and 1.5.7.10175 - 8 october 2017 :)

Edited by Ovis

• 1 month later...

The 12 of the current month Pato has updated the well-known cockpit mod for the BF-109K4, version 1.14, including that for the Revi, and now it is compatible with the 2.2 and, above all, has solved the problem of 'Integrity Check in multyplayer that the previous version did not pass.

This cockpit mod is really excellent and regretted not being able to use it in multiplayer, good work Pato, thanks :thumbup:

For the download of this mod use the usual site...

:thumbup:

There are screenshots on the download page.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Just google Pato cockpit mod or something similar.

There were some here once upon a time but as mentioned by some others it’s not allowed here.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

:smilewink:have a look to my signature

----------

edit:

Hint..i find it out by chance. The cockpit shine a little bit to strong.

I changed the albedo contrast value in the file "DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\Mods\aircraft\Bf-109K-4\Cockpit\Shape\cockpit_bf-109k-4.edm.json".

The change passed the integrity check on multiplayer. Maybe someone is interested for this info.

Edited by Ovis
  • Like 1

What did you change the value to? Looks nice.

9./JG27

What did you change the value to? Looks nice.

very simple. I changed this values in the file.

Bf-109K-4_main "albedoContrast": 0.7

bf109cpt_LP42 "albedoContrast": 0.7

FP1 "albedoContrast": 0.7

FP2 "albedoContrast": 0.7

bf109cpt_part01 "albedoContrast": 0.7

bf109cpt_part02 "albedoContrast": 0.7

bf109cpt_part03 "albedoContrast": 0.7

bf109cpt_part04 "albedoContrast": 0.7

bf109cpt_part05 "albedoContrast": 0.7

bf109cpt_part06 "albedoContrast": 0.7

bf109cpt_part07 "albedoContrast": 0.7

bf109cpt_part08 "albedoContrast": 0.7

bf109cpt_part09 "albedoContrast": 0.7

bf109cpt_part10 "albedoContrast": 0.7

bf109cpt_belts "albedoContrast": 0.7

bf109cpt_seat "albedoContrast": 0.7

Bf109cpt_glass_def "albedoContrast": 0.55

Very interesting modification, in fact the cockpit is now much more pleasant and functional.

Will you release a new version of the mod with this change?

thumbup.gif

No, it´s better to separate it for the case that ED will correct that gloss. Maybe i can upload that file at lockonfiles if you want.:)

Edited by Ovis

No, it´s better to separate it for the case that ED will correct that gloss. Maybe i can upload that file at lockonfiles if you want.:)

Understood, if you can upload the file to lockonfiles it would be a very welcome thing.

Thanks so much :thumbup:

Pato one thing, I noticed that with this last mod there are some inconsistencies in the instrumentation level, if you notice the yellow circumference portion of the fuel pressure has turned red and that of the oil is a dark red, even the fuel gauge now it has a red circumference and no longer yellow as it should be, same thing for the lever on the left of the altimeter, etc.

Can these problems be corrected or is it not possible because they are part of the mod?

Pato one thing, I noticed that with this last mod there are some inconsistencies in the instrumentation level, if you notice the yellow circumference portion of the fuel pressure has turned red and that of the oil is a dark red, even the fuel gauge now it has a red circumference and no longer yellow as it should be, same thing for the lever on the left of the altimeter, etc.

Can these problems be corrected or is it not possible because they are part of the mod?

what value do you set at gamma?

Checked the mod and made a comparison. I want to correct the values in the mod a little bit to plus.Hope then that the instrument borders getting brighter.

mod.jpg

Edited by Ovis

Boredom is like a curse.:music_whistling::)

found an interesting video from a crash-landed BF109K4 1945 (Ident. with round antenna on the top of the body).

The soldier kept the camera inside the cockpit. 0.52s - 1.05min.

I researched again at documents from instrument instructions and articles from watchmaker.

So i have to review the colour of the mark lines, because they seem to be still looking to old.

The mark lines are to much brown coloured.

Original they were painted with white zinc silicate or yellow-green zinc sulfide and radium 226.

But over the intervening years the become brown instead of yellow-green.

example of old watches. weathering of the illuminated figures.

RPR_RPR_2xbc-1.jpg

Edited by Ovis