15° Balayage does not auto switch to 2-bar scan, correct?

D4n

What title says, correct statement? (the picture in the manual .pdf is bit weird)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Ah ok cause the M2000 manual is very weird on the radar schematic... (15° shows as 2-bar scan)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

VTB=radar screen?

Aaaah yes sorry I forgot! Btw the radar was developed by Thales or by which company? :)

The RDI was born from the RDM per my amazing source. :thumbup:

The RDI doesn't have its own page.

That's correct, RDM was quickly replaced by the RDI because the pilots called it "Radar De Merde" (i will let you google translate that ;)) but I'm sure you amazing source also does not say that :D.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

The RDI was born from the RDM per my amazing source. :thumbup:

The RDI doesn't have its own page.

No.

The RDM is LRF radar, which can guide Super 530F missile borrowed from Mirage F1 (French Mirage 2000C #1 to #37), or Super 530D with CWI option (export Mirage 2000E). Export RDM were more sophisticated with more options (air to sea, DBS etc...)

It was a stop gap pending RDI development which was the first true French look down/ shoot down radar.

RDI was a new Doppler HRF radar. Only common point is it fits into Mirage 2000C nose.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

:lol: Like I said, the foremost source of correct information on military technology. I understand they are different RADAR systems, but I'm sure they took some things they learned from the RDM and applied them to the RDI, which is all that was intended to imply.

The RDI doesn't have its own wiki page, and the RDY page doesn't reference the RDI at all, hence the decision to link the RDM page.

Point was it was indeed developed by Thomson/Thales.

I know enough French not to require translate for that one...good stuff. ;)

Edited by feefifofum

:lol: Like I said, the foremost source of correct information on military technology. I understand they are different RADAR systems, but I'm sure they took some things they learned from the RDM and applied them to the RDI, which is all that was intended to imply.

The RDI doesn't have its own wiki page, and the RDY page doesn't reference the RDI at all, hence the decision to link the RDM page.

Point was it was indeed developed by Thomson/Thales.

I know enough French not to require translate for that one...good stuff. ;)

RDI and RDM installations are interchangeable but they have little in common electronically.

Some good reading, better than Wiki (or Wiki data comes from that kind of stuff anyway).

https://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchive/view/1983/1983%20-%200550.html

https://www.forecastinternational.com/archive/disp_old_pdf.cfm?ARC_ID=1642

And about missiles:

https://www.forecastinternational.com/archive/disp_pdf.cfm?DACH_RECNO=593

About RDI range: 120km (65Nm) is the advertised range against head on fighter target (see FLight Global article). The maximum range is 80Nm..

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Lol RDI in DCS not detecting fighters at 120km... :P And what is RDY? ("feefifofum" wrote "RDY"...)

"Radar De Merde" LOL, what exactly was the problem(s) ?

Lol RDI in DCS not detecting fighters at 120km... :P And what is RDY? ("feefifofum" wrote "RDY"...)

"Radar De Merde" LOL, what exactly was the problem(s) ?

From what I read on other sources, IRL the typical detection range is lower too.

That's like advertised car's average fuel consumption :lol:

RDY is Mirage 2000-5 radar, designed to work with Fox 3 Mica missile, and multi-targeting capable. It can automatically switch between high, med and low PRF depending on range & elevation settings or targets maneuvers.

But it isn't just a new radar, it's a whole new weapon system.

Mirage fanatic !