Dummies Guide for the “MonitorSetup.lua“

please dont hit me...:cry:, I'm just someone who likes to fly...and the computers isn't my better side...I'm just plug and play...

my vidio card ati radeon hd 5700, intel dual core E7500 2,93GHz, 4 GB RAM, Windows 7 64bit

monitors: 1280x1024 is left and 1680x1050 is right

I want cockpit on 1680x1050 and MFD's on 1280x1024

" Disable Aero-interface " is un-checked ?

- You used my corrected lua to the dot . Right? - RIGHT!

pictures of GUI...just the moment...

[sIGPIC]D:\avioni\razno\potpis 1 orao.jpg[/sIGPIC]

I don't want to hit you! :)

I'm just asking for enough info to help you out.

(For your info: this is my last post before I go to bed - I'm UTC+01:00 and its nearly 11 at my end- if you answer I will try to answer back in the morning before the X-mas chaos explodes around me)

OK :

-Your Options are right.

-Your card should support my "corrected Multimonitor"

Questions/unclear :

-I asked if you followed my "corrected Multimonitor ".lua to the dot .

You said 'Yes' - but I still se tah you use the "Multimonitor".lua.

So please check again that everything is right in it.

- you still didn't answered

1280x1024 monitor is left and Main

1680x1050 is right and extended

And it will not work when you change it....

Is this your actual configuration ? - if not - please tell me more.

and
How are the monitors aligned physically in front of you?

You only told about the resolution but not if the left is right now your Main / is this is the physical position or your desktop layout in windows... - This is very important!

So: Make sure the 1280x1024 monitor is your main-screen and left.

Than use my corrected lua agin with your current DCS settings.

If that fails again ...

Make following test:

Run with the exact settings like above but now with "1 Monitor setting " in DCS and describe exactly how DCS is behaving/what you see - or ,even better :Make a photo of your monitors (Photo with a camera ! - not a screen-shot!)

And also attach a DxDiag.TXT(Windows Start > Type "DXdiag"" > and run it > at the end you get a prompt to save the results as TXT. < I want to look at this file , so I get the whole picture of your system)

Edited by PeterP

Oh sorry for wasting your time PiterP...:cry:

about >"corrected Multimonitor ".lua to the dot .<, hmm...I'm trying to understend the meaning of that ".lua to the dot ."...I will check again!

about monitors: I set the monitor with resolution 1680x1050 to be Main and the 1280x1024 extended...(I notice when I check in Display/Sreen Resolution when hit Identify button monitor which I want to be Main - 1680x1050, show me nr.2! Don't know if that should be like that!?)

the monitor with 1280x1024 resolution is on the left side...this is how they are in physical position and also in windows layout...

here is the picture:

th_number006.jpgth_number006.jpghttp://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz114/ludi88/svasta/number006.jpg

ps. Yor setings is fine with the combination when the left monitor (1280x1024) is set to be Main...but I want oposit combination...but I don't want to bother with this staff any more...thx for Your time and help and Mary Christmas! :)

Edited by Lulac

Mate... in your monitor setup your right monitor is set as main monitor (doesn't matter if it's "Extended" display)... this just won't work, so what you want (to have left monitor for exporting) you can't have.

Rules for multi-monitors:

1. Run Windowed Mode not Full screen

2. Select in game options total resolution of all monitors

3. Your Main Monitor MUST BE most TOP/LEFT monitor (this is your in game main monitor also, monitors for export have to be either right or bellow the main monitor)

What you can do is set the smaller monitor (Physically) on the left side, but main monitor must be set in Windows Display Options as Main Monitor and ON THE LEFT SIDE.

Edited by Kuky
  • Like 1

No longer active in DCS...

ps. Yor setings is fine with the combination when the left monitor (1280x1024) is set to be Main...but I want oposit combination...but I don't want to bother with this staff any more...thx for Your time and help and Mary Christmas! smile.gif

Glad you got it working !

3. Your Main Monitor MUST BE most TOP/LEFT monitor (this is your in game main monitor also, monitors for export have to be either right or bellow the main monitor)

Kuky is right..., well , as long you don't use external tools and only relay on windows functions...

... there is an exception for almost every rule. ;)

To get it working while the right Display is your main-screen you need to use the "Phantommonitor-Fix"

Get it here and Start it before you launch the Simulation.

I explained the basic use here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1439989&highlight=phantommonitorfix#post1439989

(I didn't included this in the Guide , because I outlined already in it that it is important to have the main as left-most , - and I felt that a novice has already enough to learn and it will only confuse them, - so I thought I leave the phantommonitorfix out in the first revision - but now I will re-work the Guide in the near future and put it in as a new chapter that talks about exceptions and special cases)

Marry X-Mas and happy holidays!

Edited by PeterP
  • Like 1

Hello!

Yes, the "problem" was with the monitors and how they were placed in windows...and now I will experiment with the combination...:joystick:

Any way thx for Yours patients and again Happy holidays! :pilotfly:

DSCN1808.jpg.2d00bf2c20b2b1a5ce1124408be6d023.jpg DSCN1809.jpg.d668948ddf3de52aaff45ff19d9d5352.jpg

• Like 1

Multiple monitors

Hello,

No matter what i try i cant get the monitor setup as how i want it to be.

My plan was to have 3 mainscreens running DCS 3x [ 1920x1080 ] 1x27 inch 2x23 inch i think DCS and windows sees these screens as same size .

And i have a touchscreen witch should run Helios. 1x [ 1366x768]

i modified the Monitorsetup lua file:

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('Triples');

Description = 'Configuration with 3 identical monitors each with its own camera'

Viewports =

{

Left =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1366;

height = 1080;

viewDx = -1;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1,778645833333333;

},

Center =

{

x = 1366;

y = 0;

width = 5760;

height = 1080;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 5,333333333333333;

},

Right =

{

x = 7126;

y = 0;

width = 1366;

height = 768;

viewDx = 1;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1,778645833333333;

}

}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Option lua file

options =

{

["difficulty"] =

{

["padlock"] = true,

["easyRadar"] = false,

["miniHUD"] = false,

["birds"] = 0,

["optionsView"] = "optview_all",

["permitCrash"] = true,

["immortal"] = false,

["easyCommunication"] = true,

["map"] = true,

["radio"] = false,

["labels"] = true,

["tips"] = true,

["cockpitLanguage"] = "english",

["units"] = "imperial",

["easyFlight"] = false,

["altTrimmingMethod"] = false,

["externalViews"] = true,

["iconsTheme"] = "nato",

["fuel"] = false,

["weapons"] = false,

["setGlobal"] = true,

["geffect"] = "realistic",

}, -- end of ["difficulty"]

["graphics"] =

{

["shadowTree"] = false,

["sync"] = false,

["multiMonitorSetup"] = "Triples",

["color"] = "32",

["heatBlr"] = 0,

["scenes"] = "high",

["water"] = 2,

["fullScreen"] = true,

["visibRange"] = "High",

["aspect"] = 6,598148148148148,

["haze"] = 1,

["shadows"] = 2,

["TranspSSAA"] = true,

["cockpitShadows"] = false,

["width"] = 7126,

["effects"] = 3,

["MSAA"] = 3,

["height"] = 1080,

["HDR"] = 0,

["civTraffic"] = "",

["lights"] = 2,

["clutterMaxDistance"] = 0,

["textures"] = 2,

["treesVisibility"] = 6000,

}, -- end of ["graphics"]

["views"] =

{

["cockpit"] =

{

["mirrors"] = false,

["reflections"] = false,

["russianHud"] = false,

["avionics"] = 0,

}, -- end of ["cockpit"]

}, -- end of ["views"]

["sound"] =

{

["world"] = 0,

["radioSpeech"] = true,

["cockpit"] = 0,

["volume"] = 0,

["headphones"] = 0,

["music"] = -12,

["subtitles"] = true,

["gui"] = 0,

}, -- end of ["sound"]

["miscellaneous"] =

{

["headmove"] = false,

["force_feedback_enabled"] = true,

["f5_nearest_ac"] = true,

["f11_free_camera"] = true,

["synchronize_controls"] = false,

["accidental_failures"] = false,

["f10_awacs"] = true,

["Coordinate_Display"] = "Lat Long",

}, -- end of ["miscellaneous"]

} -- end of options

--------------------------------------------------------

After configuring the files ive started the game Changed the monitor options choosing triples [My lua file]

the aspects adjusted it self.

and i put the screen size at 7126x1080

but DCS rejected my settings.

i choose diffrent ways of setting this up but no luch so if any body could help out i would appriciate it .

Thx

Attached

• 1 month later...

Yes it is possible to use exports in the FC3 Open-Beta- but it has it's restrictions and only the radar/shkval is exported.

Have a look at this post:

Yes, you can have it on 2nd screen. Works the same way as for a-10 and ka-50, uses "LEFT_MFCD" and "RIGHT_MFCD" viewports to render display. But, in order them to work, you have to press Rctrl+enter ingame.

Hovewer, for f-15 you can only output radar screen. I couldn't find how to make dsms or rwr work on 2nd screen.

Attached Thumbnails attachment.php?attachmentid=73342&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1352808037 attachment.php?attachmentid=73343&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1352808592

@ all

Here is some good news:

Using This guide and spending houers to position your exports will be soon somthing of the past!

I'm testing a beta of Icemakers EMC (EasyMonitorConfigurator) and it looks very promising so far.

You will also be able to compose only one MonitorSetup.lua that works for A-10C/Ka-50/P51D(only Kneebord)/FC3(see above) at the same time and without any conflicts.

Here is is a preview of EMC,

Settings on the desktop / In-game:

Ka-50desktop-simcomparsion_zpsab1f6f75.gif

A10Cdesktop-simcomparsion_zpsfa83c939.gif

We are still fighting with some very small bugs , but I'm sure you can expect a final release the upcoming weeks.

Edited by PeterP
  • Like 1

These are really great news!! :thumbup:

Windows 10 | i7-8700K@5GHz | 2080 Ti | Intel Z370 Chipset | 32GB RAM@1866 MHz | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS w. FSSB R3 Mod | Saitek Switch Panel + Radio Panel + Multi Panel + FIP + Flightpanels Software | MFG_Crosswind | TrackIR5 | TM Cougar MFD Pack | Obutto R3volution | 1 x LG38 | GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

Peter,

I just wanted to say thanks for providing the guide to configure monitors. I was able to set up my smaller, 2nd monitor with the left and right MFCDs!

You rock! :thumbup:

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

Hi, I would appreciate a bit of help :)

I tried to setup displays on the 4th monitor (extended desktop to the right of the triple screen eyefinity), I set the options.lua width to 7680, but then DCS crashes when I tried to load it up. Seems like any values over the actual eyefinity triple screen width crashes DCS. What did I do wrong?

Thanks!

This is one of those threads you read with your jaw hanging open and a look of disbelief on your face. You guys rock. :)

I'm very curious to see how this will work with FC3. My VSD has a 5" green monochrome VGA display in it that operates a 640x480.

I've got a Sapphire 7950 coming and I'm hoping to be able to run my VGA-only displays on the one analog port of the Sapphire and the two analogs on the NVidia GTX260 that's in the machine now..

Is there any news on whether or not the MPCD will be exportable? (and it just kills me that it's still GREEN. Hey Wags! It's a COLOR display! *laughs*)

Between this and the Display Cube, I just may get the F-15 done sooner than I expected. \o/

g.

Proud owner of 80-0007.

http://www.f15sim.com - The only one of her kind.

• 1 month later...

Is this file hacked? I tried running it and got endless Paypal screens coming up. I've deleted the program and files.

Intel i9-9900K processor at 4.60GHz OC

Windows 10, 64 bit

16GB Corsair DDR4 3200 RAM

Asus GeForce RTX 2080, Dual OC 8GB

27" IIyama screen at 2560x1440

Oculus Rift S

Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Saitek Combat rudder pedals

Logitech G13 pad

Thrustmaster MFDs

That is a bug. It will only happen the first time you run it.

I thought there was a version with a fix but I won't swear to that.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I'm just asking in this thread on the off chance that one of you may know how to do this.

Basically, I have upgraded my triple screens to 3D Vision which is awesome, and I love it.

I thought I would go for a little more realism by adding the cougar MFD's and lilliput 8" USB screens for MFCD export in A-10C.

The problem is that I need to basically have a a single rendered surface where the sim renders the main view in one part of the surface and the MFD's in other parts of the surface, so basically it is a single render with multiple items in it. Therefore when exporting the MFD's, I can not use 3D Vision on the main triple screens.

I am wondering if there is a way within the sim to export the MFD data to be rendered on a different surface maybe through a different gfx card for example, or even to a different computer maybe?

Just wondering, as now I am trying to work out if I prefer 3D or exported MFD's, as I don't seem to be to do both, and of course I would like my cake and eat it.

Sorry, no cake for you,

if the rendertarget is bigger as your Mainscreen/3D Vision arrangement.

And keep in mind that the lilliput 8" USB monitors will also add a extra burden on your system as they install a VirtualGPU that acts as 'man in the middle' between your GPU and the USB Bus.

Sorry, no cake for you,

if the rendertarget is bigger as your Mainscreen/3D Vision arrangement.

And keep in mind that the lilliput 8" USB monitors will also add a extra burden on your system as they install a VirtualGPU that acts as 'man in the middle' between your GPU and the USB Bus.

Thanks Peter, thought as much, do you think this virtual GPU could be a reason why SoftTH does not work as well?

All seems fine in windowed mode, but trying to use softTH to increase gfx performance a bit, results in nothing being rendered in the lilliput 8" screens.

Yes , this or you switched off the aero interface while DCS is running.

Some VirtualGPUs driver rely on special WDM driver functions to show DirectX contend, and this is only enabled when Aero is on.

Please make sure you use a aero theme on windows level, in DCS "disable aero" is uncheked and in SoftTH 'keepComposition=1".

If this fails, I'm out of guesses - I tried USB-Monitorts some time ago and was not satisfied at all.

Well, things can change when there are USB Monitors with USB3 support , but as long it is USB2 I wouldn't recommend it at all.

Cheaper and much less hassle is to us a normal VGA/DVI monitor with a second cheap GPU and you would have even more room for additional gauges/info.

Edited by PeterP

Thanks Peter, im pretty happy with USB monitors, i dont seems to get any issues with performance, even in windowed mode I am getting around 50fps. I will try the aero softth things that you suggested to see if I can get improvements. The main thing at the moment is I need to disable AA and HDR and close clutter. I dont really have room for a larger monitor as I have merged my driving and flying rigs together and there is a steering wheel in the way, LOL. As you can see here.

20130328_084310

Edited by Congo_Toey

Nice rig Congo.....

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

Ok I need some help over here. I have 2 monitors 1920x1080 and 1650x1050 res. I created a profile with Helios and tried to use the EMC with no luck. I read the guide but I can't for the love of God figure out how to do this properly.

Any help is appreciated.

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p