Random ROE in mission editor

TheTrooper

Hi all, so I have a few questions around what I’m trying to do in mission Editor.

Scenario: intercept a couple of bandits though no idea about their intentions. They could be hostile immediately or we merge and end up fighting without a shot being fired. If they are not hostile they will just bug out and objective complete. However after a random time they might actually engage then the mission becomes fire at will.

To achieve this there are a few factors to achieve.

1. Is it possible to randomise the ROE?

2. Is there a way force a unit/group to move to a waypoint after a random time one minimum 5 mins, maximum 10?

3. I can’t seem to find ROE as an action in triggers. Have I missed it or is there a work around?

Edited by TheTrooper
Typo

-----------------------------------------------

Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-6700 (3.4GHz) 8MB Cache | 32GB HyperX FURY DDR4 2133MHz | MSI GeForce RTX 2070 ARMOR 8G |SSD 1TB 970 EVO Plus M.2

This can easily be accomplished with triggers. I’ll send ya a mix with examples when I get home here in a bit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Ive actually just 'completed' such a Intercept mission / sandbox. Still fine tuning and I might post it eventually, in the more official channels.

Supports F-14, F-18, F-15, F-5 and Mirage.

Feel free to dissect it.

Ready Five - Late.miz

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

I should probably add, that in the case of bombers and strikers, they have a single trigger zone attached to them (moving trigger). Enter this and it randomly chooses a flag value, each having a time pass. When the Flag value is met and time has passed, the given groups Advanced waypoint has a switch waypoint added (in my case, their DP (Last waypoint, a landing waypoint), which condition is a given flag true.

This goes for the fighters too, which also has a hostile trigger zone. Same concept, enter this zone and it randomly chooses a flag value, one of which triggers a flag, which the groups advanced waypoint ROE etc condition has a given flag true.

Quite simple really, just crazy trigger intensive setup, especially since I have multiple client planes.

Edited by Knock-Knock

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

This can easily be accomplished with triggers. I’ll send ya a mix with examples when I get home here in a bit.

That would be great to see how you managed it :)

Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-6700 (3.4GHz) 8MB Cache | 32GB HyperX FURY DDR4 2133MHz | MSI GeForce RTX 2070 ARMOR 8G |SSD 1TB 970 EVO Plus M.2

I had a look at your file. Damn, I'm lost. That is really intensive I don't know where to look as there's a lot going on there. I was wondering if you have a cut down version specifically for what's been talked about?

Edited by TheTrooper

H

3. I can’t seem to find ROE as an action in triggers. Have I missed it or is there a work around?

You need to set it in the unit first as a triggered action - it's the tab that sorta looks like a quadcopter drone with the group selected. Add a Set Option - ROE task to the unit to change the ROE to whatever you like, then you trigger that action with an AI TASK PUSH action in a trigger. You can give a unit multiple triggered actions to set the ROE to different options, then activate whichever you like with different triggers.