[FIXED] Cockpit/Windscreen Bar

Veteran66

Refraction is real, but too taxing performances wise. Though, since rain drops do have sort of refraction I would like to see how taxing it is actually.

S!

Exactly. Displacement (the raindrop effect) is another cheat for refraction and they don't have any philosophical problem including that in the sim. We're not building Focke Wulfs here, we're simulating what they look like. (And sound like and behave like, but none of those are affected in any way by the 3D models.) We're free to fudge the model in any way that helps it look closer to reality, and reducing the thickness of the windscreen frames, particularly the side and bottom, would look a lot closer to reality than what we have now. On the *interior cockpit model only*, of course.

Edited by SMH

Anyway. here's a photo of a real 190 from a museum that shows what a dramatic difference that armored glass makes in dropping the view through the windscreen.

post-1149-0-39998300-1408026254_zpsedk8yex9.jpg

Look at the the bulges above the machine guns, on the cowling. See how low is the right one, compared to the left one, because is seen through the armored glass?

I also have issues with the green armor glass. It's way too green. That armor glass was made by Carl ZEIS!!!!!! It's a lens. Another bug introduced by museum wrecks with wrong cockpit glass.

Edited by jawzzy

NZXT-Phantom820; Gigabyte Aorus x570 Master:Ryzen 3950x Corsair H150i;AORUS GTX 1080 Ti 11G; 32GB(2x16)G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz(16-16-16-36); Aorus PCIe Gen4 m.2 NMVe 2TB SSD;Samsung EvoPlusM.2NMVe 1TB SSD;Crucial M4 128GB SSD+Crucial M4 256GB SSD: Coolermaster 1200W psu; CH Fighterstick+CH Pro pedals+Saitek X45

Win10 64bit

• 2 weeks later...

If i'm not mistaken, then making the lower bar smaller won't be of any benefit, because you would also have to lower the hood, and then then modeling workaround fun would start...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk

Favorite module: F16C 💥
Currently learning F15E 👨‍🏫
13900k - RTX 4090 - 64GB DDR5 - Varjo Aero - TM Warthog Hotas - Pedals

It doesn't appear to be flush with the hood, at least not on the interior cockpit model. But if it is you can still do it. When your POV is in the cockpit the cockpit interior, canopy, and other parts around the cockpit are a second model that replaces those areas of the external model. All they'd need to do is make the hood one of those parts that's swapped.

FW190CockpitModel.thumb.png.c0313922cecb7e1af363f815c28963dc.png

Guys, due to my decisionfinding process of purchasing the Anton, I´ve stumbled over this threat.

To be honest, I haven´t seen any problem with that "bar" when watching the various YT-videos of Spudknocker or the GrimReapers... Nearly unbelievable that this issue fills 12 pages of threat till now. ;-)

X-56 HOTAS, TFRP Pedals

Modules: F-5E, FC3, F/A-18C, Mirage 2000 C, AV-8BNA, FW-190 A-8, F-16C Viper

SystemSpecs: AMD A8-6600K (4x3,9GHz), 16 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX1070 8GB, WIN10 64bit

This is the Problem, the Glass is to short.

Inside the Cockpit we do not see the frame, we see the Glass texture (end of Glass).

Not in my point of view - comparing cockpit view and F2 view, the bottom part of windscreen glass really seems to be at the right place now.

You find it short I think because the frame's metal cover doesn't appear in cockpit view, to make the link to cowling's hinges.

But the mesures seem to be the same in my pictures, between external and cockpit view.

The only problem is seeing the real height of windscreen's frame (thickness of "bar") from pilot's view, because no refraction, but to me … the compromize is OK.

Fw190A8-1.jpg.75bbfde9f325b1129dedf2913525945d.jpg Fw190A8-2.jpg.fdbc3e919c2ba76871b882dda3514446.jpg

Wooaah

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

We hear you.

A test.

Great thing Groove! Just curious, what is your current solution? Changing the model, or some other wizardry? :)

i9-9900K @ 5.1GHz | MSI Ventus 3X OC RTX3090 24GB | 64GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Asus ROG Strix Z390-E | Asus Xonar DGX 5.1 Sound Card | Virpil T50CM2 base w/ F/A-18C / A-10C / Virpil T50CM2 Grip | WinWing Super Taurus Throttle | MFG pedals | TekCreations Hornet UFC, Landing Panel, Right Console | WinWing Hornet Combat Ready Panel | Buddy Fox UFC | Foxx Mount | 3 x TM Cougar MFD | HP Reverb G2 | Wacom Intuos S (with VRK) | Honeycomb Alpha Yoke | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | CH Fighter Stick Pro & Throttle | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR 5 | Oculus Rift CV1

善く戦う者は、まず勝つべからざるを為して、以て敵の勝つべきを待つ。

Thanks for the reply :)

i9-9900K @ 5.1GHz | MSI Ventus 3X OC RTX3090 24GB | 64GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Asus ROG Strix Z390-E | Asus Xonar DGX 5.1 Sound Card | Virpil T50CM2 base w/ F/A-18C / A-10C / Virpil T50CM2 Grip | WinWing Super Taurus Throttle | MFG pedals | TekCreations Hornet UFC, Landing Panel, Right Console | WinWing Hornet Combat Ready Panel | Buddy Fox UFC | Foxx Mount | 3 x TM Cougar MFD | HP Reverb G2 | Wacom Intuos S (with VRK) | Honeycomb Alpha Yoke | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | CH Fighter Stick Pro & Throttle | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR 5 | Oculus Rift CV1

善く戦う者は、まず勝つべからざるを為して、以て敵の勝つべきを待つ。