VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Vaicom Trigger -- switch profile

I know that can get the aircraft from:  TXT:vaicompro.playerdata.currentmodule.name

And this is logged at the beginning of a mission:

Nearest ATC: Kutaisi.
Player Rebel entered module Spitfire LFMkIX, unit callsign Enfield11
DCS mission | Spitfire Dogfight Fw 190 A-8 No. 2
------------------------------------------

My question:   What or how can I use Vaicom to trigger a profile change to the correct aircraft?
Use the switch profile command in Voice
Attack.
What are you trying to achieve, besides switching profiles, that is.
The reason I ask.
I used to have multiple VAICOM profiles. One for each type sort of. Where I had different TXs defined, depending on the module.
Now I have one VAICOM profile, where all my different TXs are defined, and VAICOM will use the correct one depending on which module I fly. Only limit here is VoiceAttack, in which four joysticks are the max.
I.E, I use my Cougar throttle for the F-16 and JF-17, my MS FFB2 for helicopters and my Warthog throttle for almost everything else.
I have one DCS VA profile, which will send the correct keyboard sequence depending on the module I'm in, with only one command i.e. "gear up".
Is this something you're looking for?
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Now I have one VAICOM profile, where all my different TXs are defined, and VAICOM will use the correct one depending on which module I fly. Only limit here is VoiceAttack, in which four joysticks are the max.
I.E, I use my Cougar throttle for the F-16 and JF-17, my MS FFB2 for helicopters and my Warthog throttle for almost everything else.

@MAXsenna thanks for that info. is there a guide somewhere how to do this in detail? 😀

Today I started VA and VAICOM after longer absence. Both said update available. I simply downloaded the new VA installer 64 bit, started and installed it. Apparently it went to the old place, in the Program Files (x86) directory. I can start it, and VAICOM also fires up (update accepted for that too), but I can't start "Chatter", altough Voice Attack recognizes the command (and I take out checkmarks from "Link to Radio Power" in VAICOM EX tad CHATTER section. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: solved. Had to switch off Redirect. (Previously I used Rift, "Redirect ON" always required to hear the chatter from the Rift. Now with a G2 it doesn't requires Redirect to be on.

But another question why can't I execute commands like "Request Launch!" ?

Voice Attack listening window says:

"Command 'request launch' is currently disabled for this session and was not executed." Uhmmm... what?

Edited by Razor18

Today I started VA and VAICOM after longer absence. Both said update available. I simply downloaded the new VA installer 64 bit, started and installed it. Apparently it went to the old place, in the Program Files (x86) directory. I can start it, and VAICOM also fires up (update accepted for that too), but I can't start "Chatter", altough Voice Attack recognizes the command (and I take out checkmarks from "Link to Radio Power" in VAICOM EX tad CHATTER section. What am I doing wrong?
EDIT: solved. Had to switch off Redirect. (Previously I used Rift, "Redirect ON" always required to hear the chatter from the Rift. Now with a G2 it doesn't requires Redirect to be on.
But another question why can't I execute commands like "Request Launch!" ?
Voice Attack listening window says:
"Command 'request launch' is currently disabled for this session and was not executed." Uhmmm... what?

Yeah... I have this issue on and off. I made seperate thread about it...
Do you have mods like DiCE or Hercules installed? It got better after I uninstalled them.
If I get this during flight now, I reststart VA, and it's good for a while...
You can always revert to 2.5.24.

On 6/28/2021 at 8:23 PM, MAXsenna said:

What are you trying to achieve, besides switching profiles, that is.

I'm looking for a trigger from Vaicom for when a mission starts, along with the aircraft type, to auto change the profile to current aircraft.  I do it manually now via voice.  Would also use the start trigger to sync controls.  Again, can do it manually.

Running with a base profile in VA that switches aircraft profiles.  Started as you suggested but it has limitations.  For example, changing a HOTAS switch to send different commands for different AC.  My issue was getting all of the actions logged even if switch thru VA did not pertain to current aircraft as was mapped in DCS controls.

VR with Oculus Rift preferred flying method.

I'm looking for a trigger from Vaicom for when a mission starts, along with the aircraft type, to auto change the profile to current aircraft.  I do it manually now via voice.  Would also use the start trigger to sync controls.  Again, can do it manually.

Running with a base profile in VA that switches aircraft profiles.  Started as you suggested but it has limitations.  For example, changing a HOTAS switch to send different commands for different AC.  My issue was getting all of the actions logged even if switch thru VA did not pertain to current aircraft as was mapped in DCS controls.
I'm not sure I really get it. Apologies for that.
VAICOM is not VoiceAttack, and VAICOM is really for making voice comms more inmersive. Buy this you know of course.
But you want VAICOM to switch away from itself to a plain VoiceAttack profile, and you want that VoiceAttack profile to press buttons on your HOTAS sending different key presses depending on the module your in? Sorry I'm dense.
It can be done though, but I don't see why you want is this way. And I'm not that into VA to know how to have VA/VAICOM trigger the switch upon start of a mission. (Don't you want the voice comms features in VAICOM?)
Anyway, can you give me a practical example of a couple of modules and what command/keypress you want to trigger?
I really hope I misunderstand you, and what you want is much easier to achieve. And in a much more cool and sexy way.

I'll give you an example.
I have my VAICOM DCS World profile loaded at VA startup, and I have piggybacked/added my DCS VoiceAttack profile to it.
If I say "gear up", VA runs an exposed variable with the VAICOM plugin and returns which module I'm in. So if I'm in the Ka-50 or F-86 VoiceAttack will press "G", while in other modules it will press "LShft-G". And even in the MiG15/19/21 it will unlock the gear lever, raise the lever, set the lever in neutral and lock it again. No need to switch the profile. With the handy exposed variables provides by VAICOM. One can easily achieve this.

So, this is how I have tuned my system, and hopefully in a while, (if ED and third parties can finally fill ALL vacant keybinds that is, hate to make'em up on my own, kneeboard shortcuts/bookmarks for instance...), have one VA DCS profile for ALL modules, with ALL commands. The hardest part is sitting down and put them in one by one. But once the equal commands are in the profile, it's easy to tune them per module.
One can also do nifty things when most modules have similar key presses, while a few doesn't. Pre VAICOM extended kneeboard, all modules except the MiG-21 had the same kneeboard commands. Then I could use the exposed variable and bring the kneeboard up for helicopters and planes with RShft-K as long as it "Does not Equal MiG-21, and then open the kneeboard with it's kneeboard commands.
I have already achieved to have one VAICOM profile that handles different TXs depending on hardware and modules. This saves me a lot of micromanagement, as I only need to update the keywords in one profile.
Sorry for the long post.
Hope this helps. If this is not what you are after, it might be better starting a new thread as this one is waaaaay to long now.
Cheers!

On 6/22/2021 at 8:47 AM, hornblower793 said:

I will have a look at Baileys profile later and see what I can find - is Vaicom the top profile or the daisy-chained one?

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Is there a thread available for how to daisy chain with Bailey's.

I only just recently started using VA/Vaicom(licensed). Prior to that, I tried Bailey's and hoped the 2 could be used together.

Or would it be easier to just find a separate profile to do other tasks like "lower launch bar", "formation lights" or "landing configuration?"

I'm really exited to get to using VaicomPro...but man it can be overwhelming.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

Is there a thread available for how to daisy chain with Bailey's.

I only just recently started using VA/Vaicom(licensed). Prior to that, I tried Bailey's and hoped the 2 could be used together.
Or would it be easier to just find a separate profile to do other tasks like "lower launch bar", "formation lights" or "landing configuration?"

I'm really exited to get to using VaicomPro...but man it can be overwhelming.
Read the VAICOM manual, it's very well written and worth it. Made me understand how it works much better.
I'm on cell so I can't post screenshot, but it's easy to piggyback other VoiceAttack profiles with the VAICOM profile. Load it, click the icon in the top right in VoiceAttack, and choose edit. Then options for the profile, top button. And there you can add other VoiceAttack profiles that's already imported into VoiceAttack. Choose the priority if you add multiple. "OK" back to main screen and you're good to go.
Now, when you say a command, VA will check if exists in VAICOM, if not, it will check the next in the list. If a command is identical in the profiles, VAICOM will take precedence.
Hope this helps!
Cheers!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MAXsenna said:

Read the VAICOM manual, it's very well written and worth it. Made me understand how it works much better. emoji4.png
I'm on cell so I can't post screenshot, but it's easy to piggyback other VoiceAttack profiles with the VAICOM profile. Load it, click the icon in the top right in VoiceAttack, and choose edit. Then options for the profile, top button. And there you can add other VoiceAttack profiles that's already imported into VoiceAttack. emoji4.png Choose the priority if you add multiple. "OK" back to main screen and you're good to go.
Now, when you say a command, VA will check if exists in VAICOM, if not, it will check the next in the list. If a command is identical in the profiles, VAICOM will take precedence.
Hope this helps!
Cheers!

Thanks... I may have actually done it without breaking anything 🤣

But the day is still young...

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

--Arthur C Clark

On 6/30/2021 at 9:49 PM, MAXsenna said:

Anyway, can you give me a practical example of a couple of modules and what command/keypress you want to trigger?
I really hope I misunderstand you, and what you want is much easier to achieve. emoji4.png And in a much more cool and sexy way.

Vaicom exposes some variables to VA, example:  TXT:vaicompro.playerdata.currentmodule.name

Upon mission start, Vaicom logs this info:

Does Vaicom have the capability to send a trigger at the same time?  Would use that trigger to perform profile switch in VA.  Already doing the profile switch now by voice.  Looking for a way to automate.  I'm not asking about how to do button presses, etc.  Nor about how to do profile switching.  Already have my profile stack and switch the bottom one per aircraft.

Vaicom exposes some variables to VA, example:  TXT:vaicompro.playerdata.currentmodule.name

Does Vaicom have the capability to send a trigger at the same time?  Would use that trigger to perform profile switch in VA.  Already doing the profile switch now by voice.  Looking for a way to automate.  I'm not asking about how to do button presses, etc.  Nor about how to do profile switching.  Already have my profile stack and switch the bottom one per aircraft.
Well, I have no clue why you want to switch the profile away from VAICOM, and you give no hints to why and what you are trying to accomplish, but it's not my business anyway.
No, VAICOM hasn't any options to do this out of the box. Why would it?
But like I wrote, yes you can do this with a VoiceAttack command and the VAICOM exposed variable, just like you do with your voice command. But you have to write the code in the command yourself to have it automated at startup/auto switch when switching module. Unless there's already a startup/'run every x sec"/check command in VoiceAttack, that I don't remember.
You can easily get help on the VA Discord, as there's probably lots of people that have done something similar before with other software though. Not VAICOM.
You should really have made a new thread, for other users and future reference.
Take care!

Curious what commands are used to open some of the other tabs on the kneeboard?

I have tried multiples but can't seem to open the AAR, AOCS or REF tabs.  Or are they simply not yet implemented?

tabs.PNG

--Arthur C Clark

Try Crystal Palace for AOCS, Tanker / Texaco / Shell etc for AAR and Chief for REF

• Like 1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Just now, hornblower793 said:

Try Crystal Palace for AOCS, Tanker / Texaco / Shell etc for AAR and Chief for REF

Ah!... thanks!

--Arthur C Clark

Ah!... thanks!
Hehe, took me some time as well to get how this works.
Thanks to@hornblower793
And the manual, this what I use.

Show log
AWACS page
JTAC page
ATC page
Tanker page
Chief page
Crystal Palace/Show tasking order
Show notes

The "xxx page" will be switched to according to context, if the kneeboard is open you'll see the switch.
So when requesting fuel, rearing etc. it will switch to ref page, but it has yet to show me something useful yet. The other pages also depends on what exists in the mission etc.
Lovin' it!

• Like 1

Haven't played for a while. Do the notes for 9-line, ATC talks, ... work again with the recent updates? 

Should do

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Hi all,

First post, sorry if this has been asked before, i did search but did not find anything.

I have had to clean install windows on a new C drive. voiceattack and VAICOM were installed on E drive before the change so no files for either have been changed. I did make a copy of the .dat files in appdata>roaming>voiceattack and moved these to the new C drive, my settings have copied over fine.

Upon loading VA it shows my VAICOM license as free. . I cannot find my license keys to re activate, I have my confirmation email with the transaction ID for pro license, AIRIO and CHATTER extensions.

I have emailed info@VAICOMPRO.com with these details last Sunday but had no response as yet. anyone had this issue previously?

Any help much appreciated

Thanks in advance...

Hi all,
First post, sorry if this has been asked before, i did search but did not find anything.

I have had to clean install windows on a new C drive. voiceattack and VAICOM were installed on E drive before the change so no files for either have been changed. I did make a copy of the .dat files in appdata>roaming>voiceattack and moved these to the new C drive, my settings have copied over fine.

Upon loading VA it shows my VAICOM license as free. . I cannot find my license keys to re activate, I have my confirmation email with the transaction ID for pro license, AIRIO and CHATTER extensions.

I have emailed info@VAICOMPRO.com with these details last Sunday but had no response as yet. anyone had this issue previously?
Any help much appreciated

Thanks in advance...

Yes. Seems the license keys are kept in registry, so one needs to re-activate.
I had bought VAICOM licenses on multiple emails, so I got a little anxious at first, but found them all. Now they're all in a TXT file, saved several places.
You say "new C drive". Is the old one still available? I made a snapshot of my old one, but haven't had time to check the registry on it as I solved it, but I guess their not really stored there, just the activation.

I'm sure Hollywood will get back to you, but if you have the purchase confirmations, it's strange that the licenses are not in email adjacent to them though. Have you search through all your emails for VAICOM with the correct filter?
Hope you'll solve this soon!
Cheers!

On 7/3/2021 at 10:03 AM, CrossWiseRanger said:

As far as I know the only "triggers" that VoiceAttack detects are voice commands, key presses, button presses, mouse events, and change in the active window. So I think the short answer is no, because VoiceAttack does not support command triggers initiated by plugins.

Since VAICOMPRO clearly detects mission loading I'm sure that @Hollywood_315 could implement an exposed variable with the mission name, but that isn't available now. With such a variable exposed you could detect a switch of mission name upon a TX press pretty easily. It still would not be fully automatic since the check for a change would be triggered in response to a TX press (or voice command, or keypress, etc.).  Looking through the VA documentation (which is very long and so I may have missed something) I do not see any functionality to have VA do something in response to a change in a variable. You might go to the VA website to ask about this. If VA had an option in the command dialog to respond to a trigger along the lines of "Upon change in variable value" similar to "Upon key press" then it would be fairly simple to program, once the relevant variable became exposed. The VA people are receptive to ideas that would improve the software so I would not hesitate to ask over there.

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

On 7/8/2021 at 12:13 PM, sthompson said:

As far as I know the only "triggers" that VoiceAttack detects are voice commands, key presses, button presses, mouse events, and change in the active window. So I think the short answer is no, because VoiceAttack does not support command triggers initiated by plugins.

Looking through the VA documentation (which is very long and so I may have missed something) I do not see any functionality to have VA do something in response to a change in a variable.

sthompson  -- thanks for actually answering my question.

You prompted me to check on the capabilities on the VA side.  VA plugins do support a 'Variable Change Event' as:

TextVariableChanged(String Name, String FromValue, String ToValue, Guid? InternalID) – this event is raised when a watched text variable’s value is changed.

So, can Vaicom add a TextVariableChanged event when the mission starts which provides aircraft type?