What's with all the Cop-outs?

4eyes

This is the kind of elitist BS that has killed the entire genre and why there are only a few companies left that cater to it.

Much like the other folks you work with, mind your own business and don't worry about what others are doing. Enjoy your simulation the way YOU want to. And let everyone else enjoy it the way THEY want to.

I really get tired of other folks telling me how I should enjoy my DCS... Or anything else in my life.

Your opinion is YOUR opinion. Don't make the mistake of believing that it means anything at all to anyone else.

Fly your plane and don't worry about the rest of us..

Thanks!

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

After reading all the above comments, a person could come to the conclusion that DCS is actually a online air combat "game", and not a true flight simulator.

If you spend more time during startup than actually flying the aircraft, that really doesn't support the actual flight-aspekt of the simulation either.

I startup most planes manually, but I do take shortcuts, wherever I can. As posted above, if I wait 12 minutes for a CV-alignment on the F14 or do the full checklists with lightschecks and stuff, that takes up a big chunk of the time I have with DCS. Time that I can not spend flying, which IMHO is the central aspect of a flightsim.

And I'm not much of a dogfighter, so I'm surely no airquaker, if that's what you're implying.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Because I don't really care what other guys think about how a simulation should be flown, I fly in singleplayer most of the time. And I always start cold and dark.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

This is the kind of elitist BS that has killed the entire genre and why there are only a few companies left that cater to it.

Much like the other folks you work with, mind your own business and don't worry about what others are doing. Enjoy your simulation the way YOU want to. And let everyone else enjoy it the way THEY want to.

I really get tired of other folks telling me how I should enjoy my DCS... Or anything else in my life.

Your opinion is YOUR opinion. Don't make the mistake of believing that it means anything at all to anyone else.

Fly your plane and don't worry about the rest of us..

Thanks!

You are getting this backwards. It's the elitists on the multiplayer servers that I am talking about. Instead of operating as a flight simulator, the emphasis is on competition, winning, score keeping, and outcomes. After looking around, I would say majority of the people online I have encountered are snobbish, self centered people who are not fun to be around. Too many just want their own private following. They want to lead and be in charge. They have a superior belief in themselves, but they have never learned to cold start their own aircraft! They seem to enjoy verbally attacking other players on their own side! Again, I ask the same question. Is DCS a flight simulator, or just another online combat game where the only thing that matters is winning, hen pecking, and a place where the snobs can verbally blame others for any failure? :(

• ED Team

The sim is what you want it to be, and players will play how they wish to, nothing will change that.

We are getting into off topic now and this has become a rant about other players.

1.6 No multiplayer disputes on the ED forums

/closed

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2