Announcing Tu-22M3 Troika by Black Cat Simulations

I think at this point a simple "i am still alive, project is still going" message would be even more welcome than pics or videos. But that's just for me :)

Yes, that was pretty much what I was going for too. No obligation for Brian to upload any photos/videos, just knowing this wonderful bird is still being worked on would be nice to know is all.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...
this thread feel worryingly empty these last couple of weeks :S

You do realise this is DCS, yes? A few weeks or even a month or two of silence is a standard fare in so many cases. The less time Brian has to devote/worry about keeping us posted ensures more time for efficient work on the module.

Posting and readingthe forums takes a suprisingly large amount of time and breaks ones flow of work.

At this point I would not worry. The mod/module is huge and the developer team is quite small. I expect them to take long.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron

this thread feel worryingly empty these last couple of weeks :S

That's because Brian is extremely busy at work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Director | Team Coordinator

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz
  • Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 Motherboard
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz Ram
  • 500GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD

• 4 weeks later...

is this mod still alive?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
That's because Brian is extremely busy at work.

No, he is just disappeared for more than a half a year.

Me and Oleg are still very slowly working on the 3D model.

We might finish the 3D model eventually, but without coders Backfire for DCS is dead.

YouTube || Copycats - technology and product clones (primarily aviation) || dgrigoriev.com
SPECS: i7 8700K (OK 5GHz), 2xGTX 3080ti, 64GB RAM, 1Tb SSD, WIN 10, 2560x1440, Oculus Rift CV1 || TM Warthog, TIR5, MFG Crosswind pedals

We might finish the 3D model eventually, but without coders Backfire for DCS is dead.

Can you put out what you're looking for? I'm sure the community would help pitch in and there are people very capable of contributing to the project that are in these comments. :P

Ahh....

attachment.php?attachmentid=183412&stc=1&d=1524901609

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Dude your Su34 and Tu134A are sick !

I wish ED could implement those into the DCS environment

Edited by Mainstay

g8PjVMw.png

like as the many of the mods' fate

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Maybe this is where cubanace's team can step in with coding help?

Anything to keep the 22 alive would be awesome.

learn coding yourself and step in ;)

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

The proof of this going vapor were present, very early on.
You bother to enlighten us? I must have missed the "proofs"...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I still have faith, he was one of the very few that has put in a lot of effort/work into the TU-22M3. I'm sure we'll get a response from him this year.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Director | Team Coordinator

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz
  • Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 Motherboard
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz Ram
  • 500GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD

Expect all mods to be failures, hope to be successful, be happy when you get access to them...

So no need to be negative about "This is going down, down, down...." but just be happy that the project can still come out, as currently you have nothing more nor less, and you can only have more in the future but not less.

If someone doesn't start a project, it can't ever proceed forward, have obstacles that can slow the project down or even halt it. But eventually it either moves forward it stays as is. But someone must start it first... Always.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I still have faith, he was one of the very few that has put in a lot of effort/work into the TU-22M3. I'm sure we'll get a response from him this year.

I hope that too!

Have tried to contact him many times, but he has dissappeared.

alieneye is right about Tu-22M3. It`s not like we won`t finish the model with all the lods, etc. We will, but without coders it won`t fly.

Project has not been abandoned, no, it`s just that progress isn`t going at a speed I was hoping for. I`m still working on it from time to time, but due to lack of time & finance, that would allow us to dedicate more time, it`s getting quite complex, because in the end we need to eat.

Also, me and alieneye had to work on a project that came in between, the new IL78MD-90A.

Which was a complete HELL, after which I had a sort of burnout, because we had to finish model within 1 month. And modeling this thing, wasn`t easy, I was nearly ready to hang myself up. After that came first self produced short movie, which is finished now.

But still, I work on Tu-22M3, but in my own tempo, no rushing. I take time to measure out details and recreate them as detailed as possible, with game oriented pipeline.

So yeah, I hope Brian gets back online. But only time will tell.

P.S. If you are interested in seeing IL78MD-90A, you can find it here:

http://www.oleg-kovalev.com/portfolio/il-76md-90a/

Some screenshots of Tu-22M3:

KsgHqkH.jpg

MyV8XsW.jpg

mLnEQSl.jpg

xTLosTa.jpg

DN6QEq8.jpg

QWm8MZc.jpg

st1iznd.jpg

ovE2jxh.jpg

8uswlpx.jpg