Rockets/MK-82/MK82-SnakeEye Can't use this payload?

Crunchy

I had all these three weapons setup on both sides of the wings one bomb type either side. I wanted to do a bit of target practice, but for some reason I don't see the MK-82 SnakeEye and I'm not able to select it. Does this Jet not allow this payload or something? I can have a payload of the MK-82 and the MK-82 SnakeEye together, but if I add Rockets I can't?

Only one A2G weapons at a time, all the system in the aircraft can handle. Just mk-82 or just snakeye, etc.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Only one A2G weapons at a time, all the system in the aircraft can handle. Just mk-82 or just snakeye, etc.

Why can I use MK-82 and MK-82 SnakeEye at the same time then? Or are you saying you cant use Rockets with these two bombs? Thanks!

Why can I use MK-82 and MK-82 SnakeEye at the same time then? Or are you saying you cant use Rockets with these two bombs? Thanks!

The real aircraft is only able to handle one air to ground weapon type at a time, this is modeled accurately in the sim.

If you want to do air to ground missions, you need to pick ONE weapon type since that is all the plane can handle. For example, you can carry a full load of Snakeeye's or a full load of Mk-82's, you just can't mix them.

You can mix 82s and Snakeeyes at the moment (only when using stations 2/8 and 3/7). My guess is that's a bug that will go away sooner or later.

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

it is mentioned in the manual on page 97 :

Note: The aircraft ballistic computer can only handle one type of Air-to-Ground weapon. Do not load Air-to-Ground weapons mix (e.g.: rockets and bombs, or Mk-82s and Belougas, etc.) since it is probable that the system will not be able to handle the configuration. 

Mig-21 - Mig 15 - Mi-8 - F-86 - FC3 - Ka-50 - CA - L39 - Hawk - M2K - NTTR - A10C - FW190 - L39 - F-5E - AJS 37 - Normandy - F/A-18C - Persian Gulf -

I had all these three weapons setup on both sides of the wings one bomb type either side. I wanted to do a bit of target practice, but for some reason I don't see the MK-82 SnakeEye and I'm not able to select it. Does this Jet not allow this payload or something? I can have a payload of the MK-82 and the MK-82 SnakeEye together, but if I add Rockets I can't?

If I understand correctly,

When you load Rockets + Mk82SE + Mk82, you don't see the Mk82SE.

Then, same loadout without Rockets, i.e. Mk82 + Mk82SE, you can see the Mk82SE.

The problem here doesn't seem to be the mix of weapons, it seems that adding the rockets makes the SE not visible.

Can you specifiy exactly which pylons you're using for both?

Edited by PiedDroit

If I understand correctly,

When you load Rockets + Mk82SE + Mk82, you don't see the Mk82SE.

Then, same loadout without Rockets, i.e. Mk82 + Mk82SE, you can see the Mk82SE.

The problem here doesn't seem to be the mix of weapons, it seems that adding the rockets makes the SE not visible.

Can you specifiy exactly which pylons you're using for both?

Thing is you can load 3 different kind of weapons but you need to load the same weapons on the pylons 4,6 and 7,8 cus I think those pylons use the same slot in the PCA weapon selection thingy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

I wouldn't make a habit of loading different bombs, but bombs and rockets seem to work well together. The terrible accuracy of the bombs right now makes the rockets the go to ground attack weapon, but leaving all the other pylons wasted seems silly so I bring along snake eyes as well and everything seems to work fine.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

But still, since it is clearly stated in the manual that the onboard computer can not handle more than one type of AG weapons, we probably are not supposed to load a mix of bombs and rocket.

I still think it is just a bug that needed to be fixed.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aircraft I have thoroughly studied: A-10C, Ka-50, Mig-21bis, UH-1H, Boeing 737-800/900, Dash-8Q400, Bell-407

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

i7-8750H@2.2GHz 6 Cores turbo up to 4.1GHz, GTX1070 Max-Q@8GB GRAM, 16G RAM, 512G SSD, 500G SSD, CH Product Fighter Stick, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind, TrackIR 5.

All these people saying you can't have multiple ground weapons at the same time as stated in the manual

And here I am sitting with GBU-12, MK-82 SE, and rockets and can use all of them just fine

This is one of those realism vs. simulation things. It's like the GROM air-to-ground missile in the MiG-21bis module; the aircraft modeled there cannot actually use the Grom, so using them is kind of "fantasy land" but Leatherneck did decide to include them so it's up to the user if they want to diverge from reality or not.

The mixed A-G weapons on M2000C is a bit murkier, because there's no specific statement about what should/shouldn't work (only that mixed loadouts are not supported) so the behaviour is currently not really defined and may change with any patch, for better or worse.

It also means complaining about certain combinations not working is a bit trickier as you can't really argue it's a "bug" unless Razbam commit to making certain combinations possible, even if they're not real-world loadouts. And other people can counter-argue that the bug is that the game lets you load mixed A-G ordnance in the first place.

Thing is you can load 3 different kind of weapons but you need to load the same weapons on the pylons 4,6 and 7,8 cus I think those pylons use the same slot in the PCA weapon selection thingy

I'm just asking the OP to indicate which pylons he used for his initial problem report. You know, to reproduce and test things, see if it's wing-root pylon related or not, that kind of stuff.

Edited by PiedDroit