Beautiful, yes but...

Air combat will be fantastic in such a beautiful map... But the tanker inside of me looks at those Panthers, Tigers, Fireflies and PzIVH´s and can´t but have goosebumps.

This sim will escalate to epic proportions.

ED :worthy:

i am really interested in some skirmish tank battles in Comnined arms TBH

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

I'm wondering if it will require some folks to have to upgrade their computers. It seems to be quite an upgrade with all of the forests, and the buildings.

The map is quite beautiful and I'm eager to see it. I'm holding off on the purchase though because if it does require a lot more than my system can deliver, I'm not in a position to run out and upgrade, and I don't want a map that I cannot use at this point.

I hope this won't be the case.

I hope it will run the same as NTTR otherwise we will have to change settings when we change maps. Do you have Nevada ?

It will be an impressive feat if it does run the same. Once away from the built up areas Nevada appears to have a far lower object count than Normandy. The fps impact of those trees is my biggest concern.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I hope it will run the same as NTTR otherwise we will have to change settings when we change maps. Do you have Nevada ?

I do have Nevada, and it runs fine. But the Normandy map looks a whole lot more detailed and I cannot see how it won't consume a lot more resources.

I have read that it isn't going to be any worse than Nevada, but I'm skeptical about it. ED has always come through when it comes to performance. More so than any other sim that I've owned. But Normandy looks pretty impressive. I'll be pretty bummed if I have to upgrade my system because it will be a while before I'm able to do that.

Edited by Zimmerdylan