NTTR ILS and TACAN

All ILS landing directions are wrong. Here the corrected directions: Groom Lake: RWY 32 - 324°, Creech: RWY 08 - 079° and RWY 13 - 132°, Nellis: RWY 21 - 208°, MCCarran Int.: RWY 25 - 254°.

And the ILS information are missing in the F10 inflight map.

At the TACAN stations, only at Groom_Lake stands the band "X", the rest is missing.

That's something that was bothering me too (I think similar differences exist for the Caucasian map).

In red the corrections that are needed, in green what seems correct:

I have 209°/109.1 MHz for KLSV/Nellis 21L (source, source).

No ILS for KINS/Creech (source).

For KLAS/McCarran (source):

- 255°/110.3 MHz/Ch. 40 for 25R

- 255°/111.75 MHz/Ch. 54 for 25L

- 10°/110.1 MHz/Ch. 38 for 01L

- no ILS for the others (19R, 01R, 19L, 07L, 07R)

No info for KXTA/"Groom Lake" ;)

The ATC frequencies seem to be all wrong too (in MHz below):

- Nellis: 132.55, 327.00 (and not 125.00, not sure what 39.20 and 254.00 are)

- Creech: 118.30, 360.625 (and not 122.00)

- McCarran: 118.75 (01L/19R, 01R/19L), 119.90 (07L/25R, 07R/25L), 257.80 (and not 124.00)

- KXTA: no info.

• Like 1

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

That's something that was bothering me too (I think similar differences exist for the Caucasian map).

In red the corrections that are needed, in green what seems correct:

I have 209°/109.1 MHz for KLSV/Nellis 21L (source, source).

No ILS for KINS/Creech (source).

For KLAS/McCarran (source):

- 255°/110.3 MHz/Ch. 40 for 25R

- 255°/111.75 MHz/Ch. 54 for 25L

- 10°/110.1 MHz/Ch. 38 for 01L

- no ILS for the others (19R, 01R, 19L, 07L, 07R)

No info for KXTA/"Groom Lake" ;)

The ATC frequencies seem to be all wrong too (in MHz below):

- Nellis: 132.55, 327.00 (and not 125.00, not sure what 39.20 and 254.00 are)

- Creech: 118.30, 360.625 (and not 122.00)

- McCarran: 118.75 (01L/19R, 01R/19L), 119.90 (07L/25R, 07R/25L), 257.80 (and not 124.00)

- KXTA: no info.

My directions are direct from DCS (nose wheel on centerline and velocity indicator on the last centerline at the end of the runway).

It would be better if the ILS stays, sometimes we have bad weather ;)

I wrote many bug reports for the bugs (RWY direction deviation, ect) but the ED support team.... they are not interested in make the sim better. I wrote bug reports so many times :noexpression:

We need the beacons and frequencies in the F10 map, i wrote it since 1991... ok no, but in 2013. And it tooks this long time until we have the data in the map. And nevertheless in the NTTR map the ILS data is missing :doh: And a scrollable kneeboard map (like in real aviation) is missing, too.

254 is UHF (not exactly, because VHF goes up to 300MHz) and 39 is HF (normally only goes up to 30 MHz)

My directions are direct from DCS (nose wheel on centerline and velocity indicator on the last centerline at the end of the runway).

It would be better if the ILS stays, sometimes we have bad weather ;)

I wrote many bug reports for the bugs (RWY direction deviation, ect) but the ED support team.... they are not interested in make the sim better. I wrote bug reports so many times :noexpression:

We need the beacons and frequencies in the F10 map, i wrote it since 1991... ok no, but in 2013. And it tooks this long time until we have the data in the map. And nevertheless in the NTTR map the ILS data is missing :doh: And a scrollable kneeboard map (like in real aviation) is missing, too.

254 is UHF (not exactly, because VHF goes up to 300MHz) and 39 is HF (normally only goes up to 30 MHz)

I agree, that's probably best to keep ILS for those airports which don't have any, it's safer ;) I'm just reporting the real frequencies I found, up to the dev to see what they do with the information.

Thanks for the info, I thought those were something like that, for example for older planes that don't go as high as UHF. I have no idea whether those are real or not though, I don't think so.

Yes, it'd be nice to get the ground charts for NTTR, but this map is still early in its infancy, let's be patient :) I have taken a few ground charts for Nellis, McCarran and that's all the public information I could find, I'll put them in attachment - but the frequencies are not correct so you'll have to modify that if you use it for a temporary kneeboard.

KLAS.PDF

KLSV.PDF

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

In real life, frequencies of VHF radio (ATC) and NAV Aids change every so often. In real life we pilots need to update our charts every week to stay current. Of course, one particular airfield may stay the same for years, and it may change twice in two weeks. You never know...

It may be that ED has locked their info to a certain date, and the frequencies are set accordingly.

Track also changes as it is presented in relation to magnetic north, as opposed to true north. The difference being magnetic deviation, which changes over time and thus needs to be updated.

So what you see in DCS may or may not be correct in relation to real life today.

In real life, frequencies of VHF radio (ATC) and NAV Aids change every so often. In real life we pilots need to update our charts every week to stay current. Of course, one particular airfield may stay the same for years, and it may change twice in two weeks. You never know...

It may be that ED has locked their info to a certain date, and the frequencies are set accordingly.

Track also changes as it is presented in relation to magnetic north, as opposed to true north. The difference being magnetic deviation, which changes over time and thus needs to be updated.

So what you see in DCS may or may not be correct in relation to real life today.

Agree! Runway numbers would usually be the same, but the headings are the ones that are always changing. Just because of the magnetic north is always changing. Plus, in my opinion, I myself coming from other simulators like FSX/P3D and flying the supper long school buss PMDG 777. I'm kind of used to it, flying into a airport with a runway heading of 236, but the official chart stating 238. I rather have DCS be focus on other bugs, but don't get me wrong though. It would be nice to keep this up-to-date.