A10 cockpit size VR

Precog

Hi guys, after spending the last couple of months all in the hornet cockpit I was stunned jumping back into the A10 cockpit by how large it was. I know it's suppose to be bigger but it seemed to me way oversized. Anyone else feel this?

Check out my 'real world'

video series

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The A10C Cockpit is pretty massive, about 4 1/2 to 5 feet between both walls at the panels by a rought estimate (picture of a pilot with known height, etc etc pixelcounting stupidity im not going to get into)

A10C - Block 5+7, AV8B/NA Harrier, F-14B.

Pentium G4560, GTX 1050Ti, 20GB's total, 1x16GB Kingston Hyper X, And a 1x4GB Avexir Core Series kit, fleamarket mouse/keyboard, i swear it works fine :megalol:

The A10C Cockpit is pretty massive, about 4 1/2 to 5 feet between both walls at the panels by a rought estimate (picture of a pilot with known height, etc etc pixelcounting stupidity im not going to get into)

Mods, It seems what the op is saying is that the A-10 cockpit is larger now than he remembers it. which was my impression recently as well. Has it actually changed? is this an IPD issue? Only the shadow knows...

Lobo's DCS A-10C Normal Checklist & Quick Reference Handbook current version 8D available here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/172905/

Just adjust camera distance in options (VR tab)

Its not same as IPD (just same name but it really is not IPD )

I have 60 now and some pits are spot on and other not so you have to adjust it per plane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And my Oculus IPD is 68 (optic measured pupil distance )

Maybe dcs should rename it camera separation or world scale.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just adjust camera distance in options (VR tab)

Its not same as IPD (just same name but it really is not IPD )

I have 60 now and some pits are spot on and other not so you have to adjust it per plane.

Thanks, does this also correct the HUD readout size? At preset I cannot see the full HUD text unless I move the viewpoint forward, but then I'm sitting too close.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

A10 cockpit size VR

Thanks, does this also correct the HUD readout size? At preset I cannot see the full HUD text unless I move the viewpoint forward, but then I'm sitting too close.

Not sure. Not in my pit at moment.

But i think that i read somewhere that you have to move to read all in real A-10 somewhere. But im not sure.

My IPD in Oculus is 68 and i find that in game VR page option set to 60 is about good for me in Mig 21 (i have sit in real one) , Hornet , and mirage. But other pits look too big then so its not perfect for alla modules.

I hope that they fix those scale problems someday.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not sure. Not in my pit at moment.

But i think that i read somewhere that you have to move to read all in real A-10 somewhere. But im not sure.

My IPD in Oculus is 68 and i find that in game VR page option set to 60 is about good for me in Mig 21 (i have sit in real one) , Hornet , and mirage. But other pits look too big then so its not perfect for alla modules.

I hope that they fix those scale problems someday.

Thanks for the feedback - could be interesting if the HUD is only partially visible in real life too. I'll give the IPD settings a bash.