Komodo Simulations Huey Cyclic and Collective Review

Please keep this thread updated with the any microhelis updates.

I really wanna pull the trigger on a collective and was thinking of ordering one myself.

The lack of controllers available really sucks. I get its a small market but even small markets have sellers. Helicopter gear sellers are almost non-existant.

I'd seriously pay someone top dollar at this point if they could just produce a good quality item in a decent time frame.

Agreed - waiting to here if Hegy does anything with Helo's. If not, then i am tempted to jump in and see what we can do.

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

Just contact the guy, give him your facebook and he will actually chat with you every day if you want. There is also a heli simmer group (english as well) where there are a lot of microheli controller users. You will see his current force trimm prototype for the cyclic (and future pedals and collective) as well.

Best regards

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

Just contact the guy, give him your facebook and he will actually chat with you every day if you want. There is also a heli simmer group (english as well) where there are a lot of microheli controller users. You will see his current force trimm prototype for the cyclic (and future pedals and collective) as well.

Best regards

Thanks @swissMAG , glad to hear good things about microheli. I did send a message a few hours ago and I'm looking forward to a response.

I don't do facebook, but if I must I can get on the crappy laptop we have and sign on. swissMAG, can you link the heli sim group you mentioned?

I'll be sure to come back and link a full report on the microheli.de cyclic if I do indeed get it, which I expect I will.

Force trim sounds great, I'm all for anything that adds realism. Odds of me both being able to fit it to my rig and be able to afford it after all I've spent recently is another matter!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Demo of my 6DOF Motion VR Sim:

Thank you @Icebear . MicroHelis.de were very responsive and friendly, and I have now ordered my cyclic! I'll be reporting back with a detailed review once I receive and test the controller.

https://shop.microhelis.de/Cyclic-Stick-EC-135/145

Looking forward to the review! Im looking to upgrade my stick to a more commercial in the hopes to achieve the best possible realism. I find myself flying the Huey nonstop but would also like to have a lot more buttons on it to VR. The ECXX looks the best there but i guess someone like komodo sims could customize that. To bad the price will be somewhat on the crazy side.

Edited by trigen

1080 ti, i7700k 5ghz, 16gb 3600 cl14 ddr4 oc

@trigen definitely contact Juergen at microhelis.de . I am very impressed with this small company and can't wait to get my controller!

It occurs to me that if Komodo does return to making controllers I'll have hijacked this thread. I made these posts about microhelis.de in this thread on the assumption that Komodo is gone and not coming back so my deepest apologies if that turns out not to be the case.

I'll be making a microhelis.de thread when I get my cyclic.

Edited by TripRodriguez

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just as a quick Caveat, I too have a komodo collective with the UH1 head. (It arrived last August), I flew around about 30 mins with it, in arma and dcs, then ultimately affixed it to my son's cockpit as it needs to be affixed in somewhere. (Hes a big helo fan) The screw connector that attaches the collective to its base snapped and broke after about another 20 minutes use.

Obviously this is alarming given that it took about 8 months to arrive. I contacted Komodo and Richard offered to take it back and repair it, that of course being the one key component that holds the whole device together, a spare part could not be sent out an affixed. I was not very enthusiastic about sending this thing back for another six months.

I had my friend MilesD (he makes various parts here on the DCS forum) take a look at it. The part that snapped is 3d printed. Miles is a gifted basement manufacturer, designer, 3d printer and all around mechanical wiz. He pointed out to me that the part had obvious "voids" in it which is why it snapped. (Also the two three position type switches only work as one button press, but those a re minor issues compared to the snapped connector).

Ultimately Miles found a compound/glue that we were able to use to fuze the whole thing back together then after a few days of curing, we used a hose clamp as added reinforcement. It has held up since then.

The thing is cool looking but the friction knob to hold it in place is less than ideal. Like I said I ended up giving it to my son, and have found that for now, the Warthog throttle remains a superior substitute for a collective in axis range of motion feel, utility and reliability, not the least because this Komodo costs about £600 and takes 6-8 months. For that much money I could buy another Vive or Oculus! However, my son does like using the collective (he didnt have to pay for it.)

Anyway, point is...YMMV. I see from the website they are working on a version 2, hopefully they have made some improvements. I have attached my fix in case anyone else ever encounters the problem.

Los

IMG_1592.thumb.JPG.c1a3202b108c8e3ab3d6596559f90328.JPG

Edited by Los

Just had same experience TripRod described. Microhelis wouldn't process my online order for Huey collective. Waitin for response to my email. More optimistic now that I've read this thread and TeamSpoke with nrgized.

Been using full set of Komodosim for @ 2 years. Didn't have button issue that Los described but throttle mechanism shat the bed early on. And Yah, was not about to send it back so worked around it. I also since replaced the pedals with a sturdier pair from OE-XAM. Despite this, I love these controllers. Unfortunately, it appears that Rich Komodosim is OOB. I was thrilled when nrgized turned me on to this thread. Ordering a backup collective now to avoid any future downtime from the Huey.

Keep yas posted.

Edited by Chic

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

@trigen definitely contact Juergen at microhelis.de . I am very impressed with this small company and can't wait to get my controller!

It occurs to me that if Komodo does return to making controllers I'll have hijacked this thread. I made these posts about microhelis.de in this thread on the assumption that Komodo is gone and not coming back so my deepest apologies if that turns out not to be the case.

I'll be making a microhelis.de thread when I get my cyclic.

I love my Komodosim controllers. Wish Rich all the best and if Komodosim comes back reliably, I'll fully support its return. But, these forums are for simmers to support each other. No worries.

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Chic, make sure you watch your SPAM folder for the reply from microhelis.de nothing every goes into my spam folder but their messages did so initially I thought I wasn't getting a reply. Tell Susanne I said hi =P.

Trip

Just had same experience TripRod described. Microhelis wouldn't process my online order for Huey collective. Waitin for response to my email. More optimistic now that I've read this thread and TeamSpoke with nrgized.

Been using full set of Komodosim for @ 2 years. Didn't have button issue that Los described but throttle mechanism shat the bed early on. And Yah, was not about to send it back so worked around it. I also since replaced the pedals with a sturdier pair from OE-XAM. Despite this, I love these controllers. Unfortunately, it appears that Rich Komodosim is OOB. I was thrilled when nrgized turned me on to this thread. Ordering a backup collective now to avoid any future downtime from the Huey.

Keep yas posted.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Roger. Thanks.

JUST CHOPPERS

Hi

I am yogi from microhelis, and perhaps I can answer some questions about our controls.

I do not want to advertise our products here, but maybe I can answer technical questions and wishes.

Our controls will be shipped "pre-mounted", all buttons and switches are inserted and plugged to the control cable. The cable end will be shipped isolated and has to be prepared for plugging by yourself.

The hallsensor have a 3-pol cable which is used in RC for servos, and can be plugged directly to the Bodnar board.

(and sorry if some of my descriptions are perhaps not easy to understand, english is not my native language :music_whistling:)

regards / gruesse yogi

@yogi149 Your english is excellent but often more technical things can be confusing!

When you say "shipped isolated and has to be prepared for plugging by yourself", the word "prepared" makes it sound like this may be complex task not everyone might be comfortable in doing. I suspect this is not the case and is very simple, no soldering or anything?

PS- Also thank you for posting here to answer questions. I am always very happy to see vendors who communicate with us!

Edited by TripRodriguez

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Chic, make sure you watch your SPAM folder for the reply from microhelis.de nothing every goes into my spam folder but their messages did so initially I thought I wasn't getting a reply. Tell Susanne I said hi =P.

Trip

TripRod, Will Susanne recognize your call sign??

JUST CHOPPERS

@Chic , She likely might. Really I was mostly kidding and said that just because I had spoken with her via email only a day or so before and she was very pleasant.

It should be pretty cool for those of us here who have (or are going to) ordered MicroHelis.de controllers to compare notes once we start receiving them and can put up a genuine dedicated review thread for them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Chic , She likely might. Really I was mostly kidding and said that just because I had spoken with her via email only a day or so before and she was very pleasant.

It should be pretty cool for those of us here who have (or are going to) ordered MicroHelis.de controllers to compare notes once we start receiving them and can put up a genuine dedicated review thread for them.

+1 Absolutely looking forward to your review/comparisons!

I didn't hit on Susanne. She was too nice. Have, however, been working with Yogi who is as accommodating and responsive as anyone I've dealt with online. I'm hoping he can customize a collective to fit my rig. Very encouraging thus far.

JUST CHOPPERS

Friends, I think discussing microhelis.de controllers in this Komodo Sim thread has gone on long enough.

I take the blame for this, I started it =P.

That said, everyone looking to discuss microhelis.de sim gear please head on over to the new thread here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3039039#post3039039

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 10 months later...

Did komodosim go out of business? Their website is not online for many months and their facebook and twitter hasn't been updated in 3 or 4 months as well. Last I had heard they were revamping production and bringing the new site online by June 2017. What's going on with them?

ROTORCRAFT RULE

GB Aorus Ultra Z390| 8700K @ 4.9GHz | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | MSI GTX 1080ti | Corsair 1000HX | Silverstone FT02-WRI | Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Windows 10 Professional X64

Volair Sim Cockpit, Rift S, Saitek X-55 HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Microsoft FF2, OE-XAM Bell 206 Collective, C-Tek anti-torque pedals

UH-1, SA342, Mi-8, KA50, AV8B, P-51D, A-10C, L39, F86, Yak, NS-430, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf