Learning: Su-25 no pipper in HUD in weapons mode

heynewt

Hi,

New to DCS 1.5 on Steam. I've gone through the Su-25 weapons tutorials and now I'm setting up some simple bombing missions for practice on my own. I've configured my Su-25 with unguided bombs and unguided missiles mounted to the pylons.

When I get flying I select my bomb (D) and head toward targets and go into weapons mode (7), but now, unlike in the tutorial, there's no aiming pipper in the HUD when I'm in weapons mode. I'm sure it's something very simple that wasn't gone over in the tutorials, but I can't figure it out. Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Thx

Ok, thanks. By "lowering sight glass" you mean lowering the nose when I'm in the air, right?

When you say "click a few more times", I'm not sure I understand. The Su-25 does not have clickable instrument panel. I can press "D" over and over, maybe that will also help.

Again, thanks!

SU-25T is the plane you get for free. SU-25A comes with Flaming Cliffs module.

Assuming SU-25T...

Do you see anything in HUD? If not you didn't turn on electrical system.

If you've started up correctly you should see a NAV display and pressing 7 will go to A/G mode.

Now toggling D should go through weapons and you'll see that changing on weapon control panel and in HUD and you should see a circle with dot in middle. If you don't see that circle with dot you might be in some other HUD mode or not selecting a bomb.

To drop bomb in CCIP mode you need to get into a steep dive and as you approach a vertical bomb fall line will appear indicating impact point.

To use CCRP method position circle with dot over target, press and hold weapon release, and fly over target and bombs drop automatically.