Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

I wish we could just roll the server back. Seems like a relatively easy fix.

I hope this isn't "the end" for Blue Flag.

TJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's indeed very easy to just roll back to a previous version by using the DCS updater. But I don't think enough players would do that to make it worth for BlueFlag to roll back.

I wonder if "the merge" is getting close since 1.5 hasn't been patched in so long... maybe this is the big push to get the merge done asap.

Or maybe the problem is just difficult and takes some time to fix. Or maybe the developer for that task was on vacation. Or maybe this is just speculation and we don't know anything ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Im sick of the 104th and cant wait for BF to come back. I find myself hardly playing DCS when BF is down.

I really wish ED would make multiplayer a higher priority. MP is what will keep us around long term.

Seconded...but our current situation begs the questions, "why are all the other popular servers alive and well while BF is red X'd and inop? Is this ED's issue or something on the client's end?"

I'm assuming BF is down because popping open the hood of BF specific script functions to find the cause of the crashes is a huuuuge time and expertise commitment, which is understandable. I think it's time to start being realistic about what the next steps are to get BF going again, and that those steps are probably not going to come in an upcoming 1.5 patch.

Is the Nevada map too small for a Blue Flag type mission? Not familiar with it, but maybe dropping 1.5.x for it could be a solution seeing that ED is working less on 1.5.x judging by the lack of updates coming for it.

Question if the majority even has Nevada.

Is the Nevada map too small for a Blue Flag type mission? Not familiar with it, but maybe dropping 1.5.x for it could be a solution seeing that ED is working less on 1.5.x judging by the lack of updates coming for it.

Question if the majority even has Nevada.

Wouldn't it then be red flag?

It is not a scripting issue, the scripts as previously mentioned and shown are sub 100ms for the most intense work, most calls are way way less. They can't be optimised further and the processing times haven't increased on 1.5.7

Servers with high users will not have as many units and / or many radar SAMs as current BF map.

BlueFlag has an unbelievable amount of units & slots - to get it performant on the current 1.5 release we'd have to rework the whole map, which would be wasted work when 1.5 is patched :)

I've posted the number of units perviously somewhere.

You can replicate the BF issue by adding different types of Radar SAMs to a mission (BUK, KUB Patriot etc) and flying around in a helicopter - you'll have a constant stutter once there are a few in the mission.

For this reason the server can't run on 1.5.7 and we don't want to split the community (and add to confusion of versions!) by running on 1.5.6

Building a Nevada BF is possible but time is unfortunately short at the minute. We all just have to be patient.

Try out the WW2 Normandy BlueFlag that Xcom has put a lot of work into. Even if you only jump in in a TF-51D, it's a lot of fun :)

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

• 2 weeks later...

Only 2 Problems. Server is passworded, password not mentioned (RayGun isn't the one). And gadget.buddyspike.net doesn't get a response.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

PURRRRRFECT! :D :D

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Oh no, outnumbering 3 to 1, red urgently needs more players now!!!

Join red please! :)

Ok kinda balanced now

Something I would like to see in the future for helis is to place IR sams like SA9,SA13 or Chaprall. Of course this would mulit crate like SA6. Its to easy to drain a Sa6 or just fly low under its radar. The iglas work but you need so many of them. I believe the IR vehicles would fill a void in the helis defense.

Hi Guys,

How do you handle navigation currently in blue flag ? Do you create flight plans (obviously for the AC which allows you to do it) or just by f10 map ?

I am planning to join probably with the Mirage, but I can do a10, ka50 or huey as well.

I do have some sorties in blue flag in the past but I might need someone to involve me into it again.

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Guys,

How do you handle navigation currently in blue flag ?

with my mig21 and albatros i took note of the ndb stations i intended to fly by and pinpoint my position using adf instruments. I think that depends on the level of difficulty you want to take

| A-10C | MiG-21bis | Hawk T1.A | L-39 Albatros | F-5E | Ka-50 | Mi-8 | NTTR | CA | SU27 | M2000C | F-86F | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Mig 15 | Mig 19|

Specs

Intel i7-9700k

msi GTX 2060 Gaming Z

msi Z390 Gaming PLUS

16gb RAM

Hotas Warthog