P51 not fun due to so many problems. - Page 12 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-08-2019, 09:14 PM   #111
Snapage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo-Yo View Post
If the 12.7 bullets hit empty fuselage or wings - what performance parameters must gone?

How could lots of bullets though the fuselage and wings not effect performance? Would you not have increased drag and a negative effect on the airfoil?
Snapage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 10:45 PM   #112
Yo-Yo
ED Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Zach View Post
Loss of lift and/or increase of drag is what first comes to mind
I have to say, that this effect (common for the games) is seriously exagerrated. To have noticable effect the area of the holes must be much more than an area from several bullets.
Yo-Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 12:30 AM   #113
Snapage

Quote:
I have to say, that this effect (common for the games) is seriously exagerrated. To have noticable effect the area of the holes must be much more than an area from several bullets.

So at no point between the time you start firing on an enemy plane and the time a part like the tail or wing comes off completely is there enough damage to effect lift and speed?
Snapage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 12:37 AM   #114
Sniper175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapage View Post
So at no point between the time you start firing on an enemy plane and the time a part like the tail or wing comes off completely is there enough damage to effect lift and speed?
That’s not what he is saying. If it’s just bullet holes I agree it won’t do much as far as drag goes, if it’s a big gaping whole from flak or a canon shot different story. I watched the YouTube video, I also think it was obviously bullet sponge.

But again today nineline on discord said damage model will fix all this, until then we get frustrated with obvious some bugs and errors. Also .50cal which I’ve used allot of in real life on the ground is a penetrator, so we should see the beauty of that in new damage model. Getting deep into critical system’s.

Ps dogfight ai is awesome now keep up those improvements

Last edited by Sniper175; 11-09-2019 at 12:48 AM.
Sniper175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 12:48 AM   #115
BuzzU

Meanwhile, don't shoot a plane from the rear. Dive down on it and shoot the pilot. A dead pilot means a dead plane too.
Old 11-09-2019, 06:55 AM   #116
grafspee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper175 View Post
That’s not what he is saying. If it’s just bullet holes I agree it won’t do much as far as drag goes, if it’s a big gaping whole from flak or a canon shot different story. I watched the YouTube video, I also think it was obviously bullet sponge.

But again today nineline on discord said damage model will fix all this, until then we get frustrated with obvious some bugs and errors. Also .50cal which I’ve used allot of in real life on the ground is a penetrator, so we should see the beauty of that in new damage model. Getting deep into critical system’s.

Ps dogfight ai is awesome now keep up those improvements
I think that AP round form 50cal is capable of penetrating rear armor plate in bf109
Old 11-09-2019, 03:13 PM   #117
Sniper175

Quote:
Originally Posted by grafspee View Post
I think that AP round form 50cal is capable of penetrating rear armor plate in bf109
If it’s quarter inch to half inch plate it should, depends on what else the round flew through to get to the plate too. Looking at the data of this new damage model, it seems to take all that into consideration.
Old 11-11-2019, 10:42 AM   #118
Syndrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by grafspee View Post
Would be nice if we had a full.suite of realistic & historical ammo choices for the Warbirds like Ball, Armor Piercing, Incendiary, and Armor Piecing Incendiary rounds. There is a a reason that German planes exploded into fireballs when struck by mere 50 caliber ammo when the burning bullets hit the fuel tanks and wings.
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 11:47 AM   #119
grafspee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Would be nice if we had a full.suite of realistic & historical ammo choices for the Warbirds like Ball, Armor Piercing, Incendiary, and Armor Piecing Incendiary rounds. There is a a reason that German planes exploded into fireballs when struck by mere 50 caliber ammo when the burning bullets hit the fuel tanks and wings.
Maby not 100% free choice, but at least ammo belts for aerial combat and ground attack ammo belt setups
Old 11-11-2019, 01:24 PM   #120
ACG_IronJockel

Quote:
So am I assuming right, that the effectiveness of 50cals in areal combat roots in a higher likelihood of hitting critical parts?