Help with Level Flight (Airelon Trim)

SnakeBT6

As the Spitfire uses no aileron trim are you guys just naturally keeping the roll straight with the stick or do you use rudder trim to help?

Whats proper way to deal with this?

I have an X55..I cant imagine always holding the stick to the right? Just curious as i beleive the real pilots would have a hell of time doing this.

Thanks,

Got it..I was practicing and noticed setting my rudder trim the plane reacted the opposite way..

Turns out the trim was inverted..much easier to take off now too as an added bonus LOL.

As well as adjust for level flight.

Thanks,

Although I don't think there would be huge rolling moments at cruise / combat power & speeds... I guess that due to it's wing design the Spitfire wouldn't present much of a problem with roll stability, even with bugger power variations...

It should be very stable in that respect above Vs0, I guess...

Additionally the Spitfire in DCS hasn't yet got the final tuning regarding yaw forces with dynamic pressure, so you can feel the overdone wobble even with minor rudder trim tab adjustments...

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

It trims up quite nicely at lower rpm and boost. 2200 rpm and 4 boost or less is almost like auto pilot once trimmed. Almost.

• Like 1

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth