So, you can actually run out of activations....

Bought Black Shark back in 2009. Ive gone through the activations with the original serial number and one subsequent serial number. I was trying to install it once again just so I can activate my DCS world Black Skark II and it seems that the 2nd serial number that I received was out of activations. So I asked for a new serial number and received the following reply from Andrey Filin.

here is a new serial number for BS1 download version:

XX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX

it is the second time we gave you BS1 key from DCS E-shop.

This time it's the last time.

So don't forget to properly deactivate your DCS software/modules or you'll lose your purchases. OUCH!!!

On the plus side, BS2 keys regenerate activations at 1 per month for the rase cases when you get down to 0.

It regenerates one single activation a month after you reach zero. After that no more activations are generated until you use that one.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Or, you could just pick up BS2 in the sale

Ya, as I said in the original post, I was just installing BS1 so

I could activate my BS2 update module. Purchased BS2 back in 2012, just doing a reinstall...

At any rate, I like playing old games too. I have several computers running different OS's from a 5160 running DOS 3.x to my gaming rig running Windows 7. EF2000, USNF, Flanker, F-15 Strike Eagle, Falcon 4, and many others I have running on vintage hardware with original floppies/CD's/DVD's etc. None of these programs give me any fuss when I need to reinstall them.

The newer modules do regenerate an activation after you use up your initial set of activations, but the old standalone games , and Andrey Filin reiterated this in a follow-up post, if I use up this last set of activations on the original BS1, It's done.

Hey, Vinyl is making a comeback. Maybe boxed games with printed manuals aren't too far off either. Eh, probably never see another game released with a 3-ring-binder manual like Falcon 4.

It regenerates one single activation a month after you reach zero. After that no more activations are generated until you use that one.

True, forgot it's only the one. Fixed.

Ya, as I said in the original post, I was just installing BS1 so

I could activate my BS2 update module. Purchased BS2 back in 2012, just doing a reinstall...

Yeah, I'm just pointing out that getting full fat BS2 for cheap in a sale rather than using the BS1+BS2 Upgrade install will make life a lot easier.