looking for more RWR info...

fitness88

I have found and attached a document showing RWR threat abbreviations.

Is there a document that has more description explaining what exactly each is/does?

Also can the RWR abbreviation list be broken down by what is commonly used by Red or Blue forces?

Thank you.

2.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.be8db4f53ca22291aca5e88bc2385bf6.jpg

• Like 1

You have a high post count so I'm wondering if I'm understanding your questions correctly because this looks bizarre.

Only general culture about military aviation and related threats can help you here. As a starting point, study the DCS-embedded encyclopedia to learn what is called by each name in the list, then you will be able to discriminate OTAN/other sides from where the machine type is more likely to belong.

This is just the beginning, because threat reaction and defensive maneuvers is another topic of its own.

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

Some of them are referenced by their NATO designations, both code name and system number, while listing their Soviet/Russian designation.

The Soviets didn't tell the world their designations for their own systems, so NATO developed their own naming system so that their own people would all be on the same page when discussing them.

Each "Surface to Air" (SA) system received a number as they were identified, and then the entire system as a whole had a "G" code name.

SA-2 GUIDELINE

SA-3 GOA

SA-6 GAINFUL

etc.

The individual pieces also had their own names, especially the radars..

SA-3 LOW BLOW Tracking Radar

SA-3 FLAT FACE Search Radar

SA-6 STRAIGHT FLUSH Tracking Radar

So in your table, "3" for example is the SA-3 LOW BLOW tracking radar, and S-125 is the Russian system name, however "S" for "Search Radar" for the associated S-125 system is a separate search radar called FLAT FACE by NATO.

6, 8, 10, 11, etc. are the NATO SA-# names

Same with the SA-10 and SA-12 S300 series SAM systems and the BIG BIRD (BB) search radar system.

Some are a little more obtuse, like the "40" for Spruance class ships, as the system they're referring to is the "SPS-40" which is a search radar.

If you want to know what they are exactly, Google and Wikipedia is your friend.