An Idea

AMEDooley

So here’s my idea, based off of the thread about how updates are going to go. I don’t think the plan of updating the beta one week and then the stable the next week is a good idea. For one, it doesn’t make sense to do that. What will happen is there will be bugs with the beta patch, they’ll need to get fixed before you update the stable. The better plan would be to get the beta far more stable before you update the stable. If that takes a month or longer than it does. But then you make sure that the stable branch is, well, stable. If not then you’ll get far too many people who didn’t sign up to be beta testers complaining that they’re beta testers. And their point would be very valid. So update the beta as often as needed, and update the stable only once you’ve got the majority of the bugs taken care of. And then add to beta new features, rinse, repeat.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think they are doing it this way to keep the stable updated as quickly as possible and others happy, by having so many beta testers LOL. Well so many people using beta helps show any bugs quickly. I'm sure the updates will get held from stable when any show stoppers show up in beta.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Guy #1 Too frequent updates

*ten days later*

Guy #1 Y U NO UPDATE ED FIX UR GAME

*ten days later*

Guy #1 Y U ALWAYS UPDATE SO STUPID?

How about let them make releases however they think is best? They lrobably have their reasons and son't need our expert advice.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Im pretty sure that stable won't get merged with beta unless the beta branch is stable.

If you know what I mean. :)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

OnlyforDCD I hate to tell you this but the stable branch isn’t stable. Especially in multiplayer. So if ED’s thought is to update the stable branch before the code is actually stable that will be problematic. I get that we need to update the game to add content like the Hornet but there are people that want no part of beta testing or Early Access. They want a finished, relatively, big free game. And I believe this road map will not provide that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Timeline isnt set in stone, ED Can decide to Push updates/hotfixes to OpenBeta instead of an update for Release.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs