VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Wing men and Selective dissemination of information

Hi guys.

Apologies if this has already been covered (I have read many of the posts in this section) but for some reason after a positive response to "radio check" my wing men will not respond to...

Flight engage bandits. Flight attack bogies etc. I believe my syntax is correct but my wing men don't respond!! any clues to solving this problem would be much appreciated.

I have no problems communicating with RIO or ATC

Thanks

| FC3 | KA-50 | A-10C | MIG-21Bis | F-86F | UH-1H | HAWK T.1A | F/A-18C | AV-8B N\A | F-14B | F-16C | AJS-37 | CA | NEVADA | PERSIAN GULF | SUPER CARRIER | SYRIA

Wing men and SDI

Hi guys.

Apologies if this has already been covered (I have read many of the posts in this section) but for some reason after a positive response to "radio check" my wing men will not respond to...

Flight engage bandits. Flight attack bogies etc. I believe my syntax is correct but my wing men don't respond!! any clues to solving this problem would be much appreciated.

I have no problems communicating with RIO or ATC

Thanks

So. The mission I built to test Pheonix/Sidewinder/guns shootout against 8 Flankers.... originally solo but then added two wingmen to test comms with viacompro. These guys would not engage.

I added a fourth aircraft to the group and he engaged but the other two still will not!!

At least this proves it's not a VIACOMPRO/Voice Attack issue but a general AI weirdness issue....

Further investigations required...….:joystick::helpsmilie:

I will build a new test mission and see if I can debug this problem.

BTW Hollywood. The VIACOMPRO plugin is BRILLIENT! Thanks to everyone involved in it's development.

Edited by Kaos

| FC3 | KA-50 | A-10C | MIG-21Bis | F-86F | UH-1H | HAWK T.1A | F/A-18C | AV-8B N\A | F-14B | F-16C | AJS-37 | CA | NEVADA | PERSIAN GULF | SUPER CARRIER | SYRIA

@GhostDad Running Chatter? Curious to hear if (un)installing chatter dll makes a difference.

Not running Chatter.

Something thing I noticed, the behaviour is a little different between normal AIRIO commands and the extended commands in how they show up in the log. Regardless of if I have DCS running, I still get the normal command set recognized, but the extended command set says "AIRIO commands are not available". So the behaviour I'm seeing doesn't appear to change if DCS is running or not. It almost seems like the functionality implementing the extended command set is not present in the version I have (which is why the first thing I did was make sure the DLLs were up to date). The command is definitely recognized, it just doesn't have a valid command to execute.

I grabbed a screenshot of the actual command config from VA for your review, in case something looks off here.

e4e840294813538efe7b53c18b5d0054.png

Alright- things are coming together and I have got all 2 radios and the ICS working with responses in the F-14.

I have done some reading, but not understanding all of it- would someone be so kind as to write down exactly what I need to say to

1. Have Jester tune his radio to a set channel, say '251.0'.

2. Have Jester turn to a set TACAN, say 12X

3. And finally, have him tune to an unknown Tacan (for me), say the only airborne tanker 'TEXACO' (That was done through the 'TUne Tac' before.

Input greatly appreciated.

Hi Hollywood. Great program you've made for us.

One quick question. Everytime I open Voice Attack I get notifications for the same three update for Viacom Pro, an AIRIO dialog extension 2.5.2 update, a chatter theme 2.5.2 update and a hosting update for AIRIO 2.5.2. I have downloaded them (the first time anyway) but they still keep turning up like the proverbial bad smell. Any ideas?

Intel i9-9900K processor at 4.60GHz OC

Windows 10, 64 bit

16GB Corsair DDR4 3200 RAM

Asus GeForce RTX 2080, Dual OC 8GB

27" IIyama screen at 2560x1440

Oculus Rift S

Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Saitek Combat rudder pedals

Logitech G13 pad

Thrustmaster MFDs

OK seems like you may have a stuck auto-update somehow.

In DCS options/Special/VAICOMPRO you can check if your dlls are up to date (2.5.10/2.5.2/2.5.2)

Confirm VA is latest version 1.7.5. and is running as admin.

If you find an Updates subfolder and/or an update.cmd file, delete them and restart VA.

Alternatively get the latest dll files from the website and replace manually:

http://www.vaicompro.com/downloads.html

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Just updated to latest Stable version and now keep getting communication menu flashing on and off and cannot use F keys as Comms Menu keeps using them. Any ideas how to stop this?? Got prefs set to disable ingame pilot speech and Comms menu.

Cheers

Update: Sorted. Forgot to direct it to my ssd install. Happy Days

Edited by tmansteve

I downloaded the files as suggested and fired it up again. Worked like a charm. Thanks for the quick response.

Intel i9-9900K processor at 4.60GHz OC

Windows 10, 64 bit

16GB Corsair DDR4 3200 RAM

Asus GeForce RTX 2080, Dual OC 8GB

27" IIyama screen at 2560x1440

Oculus Rift S

Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Saitek Combat rudder pedals

Logitech G13 pad

Thrustmaster MFDs

Just updated to latest Stable version and now keep getting communication menu flashing on and off and cannot use F keys as Comms Menu keeps using them. Any ideas how to stop this?? Got prefs set to disable ingame pilot speech and Comms menu.

Cheers

Update: Sorted. Forgot to direct it to my ssd install. Happy Days

Search for and delete ‘export.lua’. That should fix that issue.

Easy communications issue?

Hi Hollywood,

I just started using Viacom Pro after a brief 2 week break going back to doing it all myself. :-)

I have just noticed that on the F14 Module Viacom is on Easy comm's.

I have Easy Comm's turned off for all modules in DCS, but Viacom is seeming to default to Easy for the F14?

With it stuck on easy when I use Jester wheel (Not AIRIO) to select the Stennis it switches to 127.5, then when I press TX2 and call "Inbound" the radio re-tunes to the nearest land base airfield and they reply?

With AIRIO turned on it seems to work as I would want it.

I still don't know why easy comm's is on though?

Is there any way to force Viacom not to use easy comm's?

(I do have it switched off for all modules in the DCS configuration.)

Cheers

Boomer

exception

vaicom pro 2.5.10.0

just installed airio, keys all validated

i moved DCS to my E: drive, registry path is correct, vaicom is pointing to the correct path

voice attack is working

When I press PTT I get:

UNABLE TO INVOKE PLUGIN ... DUE TO EXCEPTION: "VoiceAttack.VoiceAttackInvokeProxyClass" does not contain a definition for 'Utility'

ETA: aw ffs. I needed to update voice attack. it's working now. guess i'll leave this up in case somebody else has the same problem.

Edited by DeltaMike

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder

Hollywood,

I'm having issues similar to what Ghost Recon Dad is experiencing. I have VAICOM Pro and both the Chatter Pack and AI RIO, all three are the latest versions (and VA is 1.7.5), and all three are verified as licensed. I have reinstalled the DLLs, cleared the config folder, rebuilt the LUA files, and reset the keywords. I have VAICOM set to import aircraft, easy comms off (though it indicates easy comms on on the PTT radio display), and SRS PTT Enabled. VA is running as administrator. Here is what I still experience:

I can get the "standard" AI RIO commands to work, such as "go angels 25" and "heading north", but I cannot get the expanded commands such as "link tune xx.x" to work. I get the note that

5:27:59 PM - Recognized : 'link tune 1 9 decimal 4' (Confidence 93)

but immediately following I get the note

5:27:59 PM - AIRIO commands are not available.

Incidentally, I also cannot get the chat to toggle, nor can I activate Hot Mic for AI RIO (even selected it requires PTT to work).

I'm at my wit's end, and any advice would be appreciated.

Redeyestorm, deleted export.lua but didn't fix it. I have original on hd and copied it over to ssd. Went to custom path and that was fixed.

Noticed that with some carriers other than stennis, no atc when calling inbound etc.

when Im running viacompro with voice attack and go into the harrier, my comm1 menu keeps flashing on and off. Cant tell how its interfering with the game. I disabled the Comm1 and Comm2 keys in the control setup. Any ideas.

I was in Art of the Kill D#@ it!!!!

Redeyestorm, deleted export.lua but didn't fix it. I have original on hd and copied it over to ssd. Went to custom path and that was fixed.

Noticed that with some carriers other than stennis, no atc when calling inbound etc.

Well it got fixed that is what’s important. I found that I have to delete export.lua after nearly every dcs update because the comms are continuesly flickering on and off.

@HomeFries It's not entirely clear what could be causing this.

Suggest to try this: set import new modules to OFF, then close VA, delete Config and Database subfolders and restart.

Tried this and still have the same issues. The only difference now is that the PTT page actually shows Easy Comms Off.

EDIT: I'm a Windows 7 holdout. Could this be a factor?

Conflict with Bf109

Hello,

Any idea about when there will be a patch to correct the conflict between vaicom and the fug 16 (radio) switch in the Bf 109?

The switch always turn off itself when vaicom is on. It can take 30 second or 5 minutes. But it always switch off. :(

Except that, love it.

But because of this bug I have to choice between SRS and Vaicom when in the 109.

Thanks ! :pilotfly:

@Fries That's certainly a possibility. Any unexplained snag recently has turned out to be Win7 related somehow.

No such issues on Win10 it seems. If GhostDad is also on Win7 it would at least point in that direction.

In any case plugin support for Win7/8 is scheduled to be discontinued.

@Wulf Thanks, the 109 has been looked into before and this is actually a bug in the DCS module itself.

Specifically it responds inadvertently to a 179 external input command.

So it would need to be fixed there. You could try switching Easy Comms On/Off, may help as workaround.

Cheers

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

@Ghost Dad Recon

@Home Fries

Just checking in to make sure you guys are not suffering from the same packet size issue i ran into recently. Are you seeing the correct module/aircraft displayed on the PTT page no matter which map oder mission you are firing up?

Ahhhhh, sorted the flickering out but now whenever i request startup, inbound etc, i get no responses. I tested it and i am always in the top 90's. I copied over my dcs to a new ssd drive and put a custom path to it.

Is there something I've missed? Is it the lua files?

Any ideas?

Cheers

Edited by tmansteve