430 into the huey?

acdelta57

only if its optional to stick craft and helos without navigation and most certainly the huey I would buy it.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Why ?

• No Garmin 430's were used in Vietnam/Korea.
  • Most civilian Huey's on the web that do have a Garmin use the older GNC250XL or a portable like the GNS696
  • This
    , uses twin GNS430 and a glass cockpit. It doesn't carry rockets or machine guns.

Part of the joy in flying DCS modules is flying with realistic instruments and learning the 'old fashion' skills needed.

• The Bo-105 being developed has a very basic GPS - should it be NS430 compatible?
  • How about the Spitfire, Mi-24, AV-8, F-14 or Hornet, they don't have a GNS430 but could carry a potable GPS device today?
  • Why add a fiction when players have the F10 map and better route planning could be added to that?

The F10 map isn't realistic. No mere chart would show your position like the F10 map does.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Why ?

• Most civilian Huey's on the web that do have a Garmin use the older GNC250XL or a portable like the GNS696
  • This
    , uses twin GNS430 and a glass cockpit. It doesn't carry rockets or machine guns.

Part of the joy in flying DCS modules is flying with realistic instruments and learning the 'old fashion' skills needed.

• The Bo-105 being developed has a very basic GPS - should it be NS430 compatible?
  • How about the Spitfire, Mi-24, AV-8, F-14 or Hornet, they don't have a GNS430 but could carry a potable GPS device today?
  • Why add a fiction when players have the F10 map and better route planning could be added to that?

H Model did not have flare launchers, nor that incorrect flare pannel, a radar altimeter, let alone a radar altimeter thats in the incorrect place. You are fine with all of those things but not the GPS? Also the H model Huey they gave us is from the 80's and 90's not Vietnam. Incorrect avionics and weapons.

HHC, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

http://1stcavdiv.conceptbb.com/

H Model did not have flare launchers, nor that incorrect flare pannel, a radar altimeter, let alone a radar altimeter thats in the incorrect place.

They weren't part of the module when I bought it, but you are right, they don't spoil my enjoyment.

You are fine with all of those things but not the GPS? Also the H model Huey they gave us is from the 80's and 90's not Vietnam. Incorrect avionics and weapons.

All good points.

Guess I like the challenge of using the older navigation systems too much and as you point out, there are plenty of other anachronisms.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• 9 months later...
Why ?

• This

let this sting your eye balls.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Touchdown-Helicopters/Bell-AIDC-UH-1H-Iroquois-205/5121741/L

hopefully you aren't blind after seeing that.

Incorrect avionics and weapons.

I think our Huey is modelled after a specific version that was retrofitted in the U.S. and then sold to the Georgians. Don't have a link, but googling "uh-1" and "georgia" may yield more info.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.