F-16

SparxOne

Lord knows F-16C Block50/52 hi fidelity sim with professional flight model and advanced systems modeling is needed, and would be welcomed.

However Sniper pod and APG-63(V) radar, guided and AA weapons, sensors, and JHMQS, and communication systems are somewhat classified, and DCS has policy of using only unclassified data. Since F-16C is still in use on every continent except Australia and Antarctica, and is still in production, there is much at stake. So there would have to be a lot of compromises and unsupported systems. A-10C suffers from that.

However F-16C is single most important air system in NATO , allied Middle East, and Asian air forces, and many DCA, OCA air-ground tactics revolve around F-16C platform.

Depends... the Sniper pod is fairly recent. did not reach IOC officially until 2014.

even the early - mid 2000s F16C block 50/52 with a MID life update : with colour MFD's , digital HSI, and perhaps even HMCS would be using the Lightening pod during this time period.

and no the F16 doesnt have the AN/APG 63 radar. thats the F15. F16A used the An/APG 66, and the C models use the AN/APG 68s.

Depending on which Version , Overall the AN/APG 68 overall is not any more classified than the AN/APG 73 of the F/A18C hornet were getting. the An/APG 68 V9 may be a different story, but thier primarily been offered with Block 50/52 + which are export only, and more advanced. AFAIk regular block 50/52 ( especially in USAF service) shouldn't have anything more modern than the An/APG 68 V5,If aiming only Up to a mid 2000s block 50/52( which was introduced back in the 1990s with block 50/52 productions).

http://wiki.scramble.nl/index.php/Northrop_Grumman_(Westinghouse)_AN/APG-66#AN.2FAPG-68.28V.294

Now a certain 3 lettered sim exists, It still created a very solid ( most authentic to date) Simulation of the F16 using public sourced data. SO im sure ED could as good if not better. think a matter of licensing will be a red tape roadblock ( though perhaps not permanent as the other guys created a sim of the F16) , not so much lack of information.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

DCS World would benefit from a F-16CJ (CeeJay) A dedicated SEAD mission aircraft. I suggest that everybody read the book "Viper Pilot: A Memoir of Air Combat " by Dan Hampton.

Just bought that very book last week actually, getting into it and yes indeed a great read! :thumbup:

I am actually VERY surprised that DCS doesn't have a F-16 module - I mean for a start it would be an instant buy for all the Falcon 4.0 vets out there wouldn't it? (Well it would be for me anyway - have hundreds of hours in Falcon 4.0).

I mean, not pointing fingers, but we have some pretty random/niche aircraft modules at the moment. F-16 seems like a no-brainer...I can only think that classification is the main issue? Same reason we don't have the AH-64 Apache yet either...but that is also multi-crew issue I believe. Hopefully the F-14 module 'Jester Ai' system advancements will go some way to get that sorted out.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS would benefit from any F-16, Problem is, there's so many, lol, you model one, and everyone wants features from another block or export program, etc etc.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

you guys do know OP is asking officials.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

like cichlidfan said, op should have known the difference between a discussion forum and a pm.

anyways, there are so many more aircraft in the world that havent gotten a high fidelity simulation, we dont need another f-16 rehash.

Edited by probad

I bet it would be the best selling module they ever put out.

A lot of countries fly the F-16. I have faith it will be next after the F-18 or soon after since a lot of the systems are pretty close.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

+1 Kayos!

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm".

---------------------------------------------------------

Intel i-9 9900k @ 5.0 Ghz, EVGA 2080tiFTW3 11Gb, Corsair H115 PRO water cooler, Gigabyte AorusMaster motherboard, EVGA Super Nova 1000 watt G+ powersupply, G.SKILL 64Gb ram @3800 MHz, HP EX 920 M.2 PCIe 3TB,Windows 10Pro x64

I fear its a Lockheed Martin license thing. We dont have any LM planes in DCS - or?. Maybe a coincidence, maybe not.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

I fear its a Lockheed Martin license thing. We dont have any LM planes in DCS - or?. Maybe a coincidence, maybe not.

They did state at one time they were working on the F-16 so I wouldn't think it's is licensing.

I'd assume they would have gotten permission before starting to work on it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

anyways, there are so many more aircraft in the world that havent gotten a high fidelity simulation, we dont need another f-16 rehash.

EXACTLY what I think....

I love me an f-16, but I'm way more excited for the hornet because of carrier ops. + modern multirole, Tomcat because of swing wing + Rio + Phoenix, harrier because.... well you know.

GeForce GTX 970, i5 4690K 3.5 GHz, 8 GB ram, Win 10, 1080p

like cichlidfan said, op should have known the difference between a discussion forum and a pm.

i disagree, there needs to be a F16 in DCS. that other sim as great as it is, is feeling its age. F16 would be a great fit to the combat environment of DCS. the USAir force does not have a full fidelity module to represent that Service. as a added benfit F16 is highly exported, even looking at just Block 50/52 ( non +) variations you could still represent quite a bit of Foreign air forces as well.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

I bet it would be the best selling module they ever put out.

A lot of countries fly the F-16. I have faith it will be next after the F-18 or soon after since a lot of the systems are pretty close.

+millions

ED would be richie rich rich :D

Edited by Oceandar

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Depending on what point they release the name of the next module, maybe they wont do it as early as the Hornet this time ;)

thats for sure, but didnt came the WW2 Projects (which in my eyes are responsible for many delays) into ED´s considerations after the announcements of the Hornet?

There´re just too many Projects in the pipeline that ED is currently working on. There´s the merge of the main Software, the WW2 Projects the F-18 itself and may be stuff we dont even know about right now. I am pretty sure that once ED will come to the point that they can focus on developing Modules only, so the developing time will considerably become shorter...my guess

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

There are some pretty nice work-in-progress screenshot circulating on these forums, about a DCS: F-16 cockpit.

To me, the F-16 is the most beautiful fighter aircraft ever designed, and I would adore a full-fidelity F-16 module for DCS <3

• Like 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

That canopy would just be amazing in VR as well!

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think given time it is inevitable that we'll see an F-16. It is simply a question of when, and whether there are any licensing issues (which we no doubt will never be made aware of for obvious NDA reasons).

I think ED now have a hunch that it might be welcomed by one and all (if they don't by now they never will). So maybe we don't need to labour the issue any longer?

The question is which block ? Would you buy F-16A ? I know I would. Even later they release another advance F-16 block with full price I'd buy it instantly

I'd buy it no matter what version.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
I'd buy it no matter what version.

Me too. Though I think a block 52 would be ideal: most if not all aircraft currently flying in Western air forces are up to that standard: either built like that from scratch or through upgrades (such as the F-16A MLU - Mid-Life Update).

Edited by Elysian Angel
typo
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

• 3 weeks later...
So what's the official status on the F-16? Is it in progress or has there been no word on it?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3095849#post3095849

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs