Creating Permanent User Waypoints

Shrike88

Greetings.

On my quest to cut down on how much time I spend editing User waypoints, especially with the advent and release of CombatFlite. I wanted a method of creating Flightplans and User waypoints that actually stayed when I leave the game.

I noticed on the Entry.lua there are several lines possibly indicating further deveopment of such a feature ?

turn_on_waypoint_panel('*',nil,true) -- enable custom fields only

plugin_done()

However for now I found a work around. Getting WP info from Combatflite, or F10/Gmaps you can edit your mods/cockpit/scripts/avionics/terrain/navaids.dat file. You can add and create your own waypoints for now, and does not kill Integrity Check.

MY Example.

NAV AIDS 1.0

FIX;40.5971762538411;42.9339313324429;WP1

FIX;40.6959627212994;42.8243412528311;WP2 --(IP RUN IN)

FIX;41.1422222222222;42.8525;TARGT

FIX;40.5641666666667;43.1241666666667;WP3

FIX;40.5641666666667;43.1241666666667;ALT ---(Alternate Airport)

*SEE ATTACHED IMAGES FOR TEST*

still takes some time, hopefully I can create a method to edit the file using Excel from viggen export in Combatflite from excel or a faster method. Maybe Viper in the future could create a .dat export for the NS430 and we dont have to run this by hand. However for now this is a very fast method of adding the waypoints and just choosing WPX, as adding Geo coords takes forever with the singular dial.

Screen_180919_003250.png.b4ab0d952305766f85dad6125ec16d98.png

Screen_180919_003653.png.6754298b465cb2e3a7b438314e4ed39c.png

Untitled.thumb.png.5b2ef0743db6bdd77d5a30b432fb7d08.png

Edited by Shrike88
  • Like 1

Great find!!! :thumbup:

At this stage of Combat Flite development I think is better to contact Viper directly

But the best solution overall is a Loadable "Company Fix" voice, added by the NS430 developpers

Edited by flanker0ne

Done.

Added the functionality to select a route and export its waypoints, together with any nav points, reference points and orbit anchors (if desired) as a navaids.dat file. Tested in-game, and the exported waypoints show up in the NRST - INTERSECTION page of the NS430. You can make a flight plan out of them, navigate 'DIRECT TO' them etc.

Will be part of the next update, together with several bug fixes.

Thanks for pointing out the .dat file! :thumbup:

nrst.jpg.d64bbfa59945e9a2d3acfa25b45bb9a2.jpgnixon.jpg.ee1430844865e9b22655b63050a5f7bf.jpg

• Like 1

Done.

Will be part of the next update, together with several bug fixes.

Thanks for pointing out the .dat file! :thumbup:

[ATTACH]194303[/ATTACH][ATTACH]194304[/ATTACH]

Viper your the man! First class all the way.

Appreciate your help and work in this. CF is turning into an all around must have!

Yes.

PLEASE!

The NS430 is supposed to be able to store 99 user waypoints permanently IRL. It's really silly that we can't store permanent waypoints when part of the draw is the ability to save preset locations.

EDIT: Excellent work, Viper! I can't wait to see where this goes.

Edited by Auditor

I've been trying the new export tool and it's *really good*! Great job, Viper!

Only thing I would add is the ability to import as well, because there are a bunch of waypoints that serve zero purpose in the existing NS430 I would like to delete, but I have no way of editing or deleting them without knowing what they are.

But this is still a massive step up. Works wonderfully if you append the new user waypoints to the end of the existing file, as well. I put my custom navaids.dat in my JSGME folder and import it like a mod depending on the plane I want to fly. Works great!

• 6 months later...

question.

I did open the navaids before I export custom modified FLP made by Combatflite. I see a lot of WPT and bases cords. So after that I did my WPT to save in the navaids and when I looked again in I only saw my new WPT but all the rest were gone.

I guess this get restore again right? anyway I did a backup

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

question.

I did open the navaids before I export custom modified FLP made by Combatflite. I see a lot of WPT and bases cords. So after that I did my WPT to save in the navaids and when I looked again in I only saw my new WPT but all the rest were gone.

I guess this get restore again right? anyway I did a backup

CombatFlite exports the waypoints of a given flight, nav points, reference points and orbit anchors (depending on what you choose in the dialog form). It creates a new navaids.dat file containing just the items selected for export. As it is stated in the message box prior to the export itself, make a backup copy of the original file (like you did).

It is practical posible add the new WPT lines to the original airfields coords in this navaids file? Can I just copy paste those new lines and have them permanent together with the rest?

I checked all boxes when created my new file. Was not very clear for me what difference really do.

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 years later...