How to Takeoff in the Dora - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-06-2014, 03:08 PM   #11
outlawal2

Once again what was the issue? No offense, but stating that the module is bugged simply because you can't land it is not really legitimate... These WW2 planes are notoriously difficult to take off and land so just because you can't nail it on your first attempts is not really damning evidence of a bug...

Beyond a crunched plane do you have anything to support a bug review?
Old 08-06-2014, 03:11 PM   #12
gavagai

First takeoff attempt: success.

First and second landing attempts: successes.

If you're having trouble with takeoff then you're probably overdoing the rudder, and inputting rudder too late. Be quick and gentle at the same time.
Attached Files
File Type: trk 190takeofflanding.trk (808.7 KB, 172 views)
gavagai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 03:12 PM   #13
NineLine
Community Manager

You may need to use some brakes to keep her straight to, least to begin with....
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 03:13 PM   #14
gavagai

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
You may need to use some brakes to keep her straight to, least to begin with....
For landing I definitely used my toe brakes on the pedals. A twist joystick for rudder and without toe brakes is not going to cut it.
gavagai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 03:20 PM   #15
Narushima

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafer View Post
here...this is the landing. You don't wanna see the takeoff ones.
Narushima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 03:24 PM   #16
Spasticatedtoad

Default LOL. Pheeeew!!!

I thought I would add my first Take Off and Landing. Its not pretty and I am probably not using the right Technique, but I got her off the ground and back again in one piece.
I will also upload the video to youtube for those who are working. I feel sorry for you all
I can see I need a LOT of Practice with this one.
Thank you E.D for the Dora. She's a great addition. To see such Variety coming to DCS WORLD makes me happy. I may not be crazy about all of the Aircraft, but flying them all, each with their own nuances, helps you fly them all individually much better. And in the end, you end up crazy about all of the Aircraft.
Attached Files
File Type: trk DCS FW-190 D-9.My First Take Off and Landing.trk (1.36 MB, 150 views)
Spasticatedtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 03:31 PM   #17
leafer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawal2 View Post
Once again what was the issue? No offense, but stating that the module is bugged simply because you can't land it is not really legitimate... These WW2 planes are notoriously difficult to take off and land so just because you can't nail it on your first attempts is not really damning evidence of a bug...

Beyond a crunched plane do you have anything to support a bug review?
It was my failed attempt at humor. I should have written blow up instead of crash.
leafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 03:53 PM   #18
ARM505

Cold start (only had to find the key to move the throttle to idle!), taxi out, take off, two touch and go's, armed weapons, strafed some huts and an airport fire vehicle, climbed to about 4000m, dived to off the clock on the ASI, climbed back up playing with cowl flaps and coolant temps, dived back down, landed and taxied to original parking, shutdown. No aircraft breakages! And I only skimmed the manual....

Only watched Wags' videos, but having played the IL2:BOS 190 did help with the taxi and takeoff/landing I reckon, because this one is easier to taxi, and it got me used to the tailwheel locking mechanism.

Very nicely done, it definitely feels nice to operate, very different from the P51.

I really need to read up on the engine limitations, I took it to maximum power and played with the MW50, but I was very gentle with the engine in general though. Good fun, and very nicely done to ED.

Edit to add: The track is 8MB - seems pretty big! I did fly around for quite a while, but still...

Last edited by ARM505; 08-06-2014 at 04:20 PM.
ARM505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 04:06 PM   #19
SAM77

Awesome!!!!!

Cold start was messing me for a bit with the throttle. Thought my joystick was broken lol

Taxi and takeoff I messed up because I didn't look at the vid but got it eventually.

Landing was simple I love the feeling of German suspension

Shooting down AI P-51 was a piece of cake. MW 50 not required and killed pilot under 90s. Fire Powahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Thank you ED & Yo Yo

Great work!!!!

A couple lil cockpit graphics issues like see thru headrest and a wierd black object on the top of canopy if you look directly up but they are pretty insignificant.

I need rudder pedals for sure on top of a new HOTAS.

Last edited by SAM77; 08-06-2014 at 04:09 PM.
SAM77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 04:14 PM   #20
zaelu
Veteran

I don't have the HOTAS connected so I tried with the keyboard for a laugh. I ran for some 200-300 meters then lost it (too much controls overlapping, Ctrl+W to keep it a bit straight, then release Ctrl and Num+ to throttle up)... It broke nicely and I survived... Oh well... it was captured anyway .

it seems I reached 137Km/h yay!!! (Sorry... tacview pic, I forgot to print screen ingame)

I can't wait till friday when my Chair is comming so I can mount my "tools" on it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	588
Size:	174.8 KB
ID:	102279  

Last edited by zaelu; 08-06-2014 at 04:22 PM.
zaelu is offline   Reply With Quote