Old 07-21-2017, 04:13 AM   #21
Icaro_07

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ubx5S8rzl7s
Icaro_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 07:21 AM   #22
Vatikus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icaro_07 View Post
Well don't believe to me, check the F-5 trim the stick and check the AoA regardless of speed portion etc holds constant AOA
What probably confuses you is the following:
F5 has AUTO trailing and leading flaps switched ON ... these enable pilot, by constantly readjusting, to hold fixed position of the stick for selected AoA. In other words, if you turn them OFF (EMER UP), you will not be anymore able to hold constant AoA with the same stick deflection ...

Last edited by Vatikus; 07-21-2017 at 07:29 AM.
Vatikus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 02:45 PM   #23
Ironhand
Veteran

Quote:
I don't own the F-5 module, so it's not something I can check.

This video is interesting because it demonstrates exactly what I'm saying. The time period 6:15 to 6:27, for instance, is an excellent example (as is the next sequence at full power). He pitches up, holds the same stick position and, as his airspeed deteriorates, the angle of attack slowly increases by roughly 20 degrees until he eventually stalls the wing.

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 16GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.
Ironhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 04:05 PM   #24
Icaro_07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhand View Post
I don't own the F-5 module, so it's not something I can check.

This video is interesting because it demonstrates exactly what I'm saying. The time period 6:15 to 6:27, for instance, is an excellent example (as is the next sequence at full power). He pitches up, holds the same stick position and, as his airspeed deteriorates, the angle of attack slowly increases by roughly 20 degrees until he eventually stalls the wing.
That's not true what he says its that with the stick position you control AOA regardless of speed that's why a landing can be made with just the AOA
Old 07-21-2017, 04:46 PM   #25
Vatikus

Quote:
That's not true what he says its that with the stick position you control AOA regardless of speed that's why a landing can be made with just the AOA
He does not say what you think he says. I guess you are not a native english speaker?
When he says that with stick position you control AoA, he does not mean that X stick deflection = Y AoA regardless of speed. What he means is that if you have AoA indicator, you use your stick to correct for the desired AoA, while with throttle you control the angle of approach.

Last edited by Vatikus; 07-21-2017 at 04:50 PM.
Vatikus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 06:35 PM   #26
Ironhand
Veteran

Quote:
Landing can be made with AoA and correct airspeed. As Vatikus says, he's not saying that 10 degrees of stick position equals "x" amount of AoA. Stick position and airspeed work together.

His point in that sequence is to explain why it's important not to pull back on the stick in certain situations. Doing so will increase your AoA for the speed you are traveling...and, potentially, kill you. That's why he says: "Use the elevator to control your AoA and the throttle to control your glide angle." If you are slipping below your glide path, he advises that it's safer to increase your airspeed rather than pull back on the stick because that will keep you below the critical AoA.

But just before that sequence is the landing sequence in turbulence. Right around the 10:30 mark (or just slightly after as he's close to landing) the airspeed indicator will start bouncing noticeably. At the same time, the AoA varies widely along with it. That's the relationship of airspeed to stick position.

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 16GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.
Ironhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 01:15 AM   #27
Icaro_07

https://www.pprune.org/tech-log/1007...-position.html
Old 12-04-2018, 01:06 PM   #28
Ala13_ManOWar

Quote:
Does any one knows if for every trim setting a stick position corresponds to an specific AOA because if it's that way it stalls at different AOA
Short answer, no, stall doesn't depend on a stick position. That's something you came up with but has nothing to do with aerodynamics. No trim position is bound to a stick position, it's related to lift and weight and weight is always changing in flight.

If you "keep the stick in a position" as you say you're just pulling whatever G's, airspeed will decrease, AoA will increase, and in the end you'll stall the aircraft. That's all and it's not a "Fw190" feature, that's what happens in every aircraft in the World.

I don't really understand what your point is, or why you wrote in Dora forum and not other aircraft which could be the same.

S!
Old 12-23-2018, 05:44 PM   #29
Jyge

You can practically stall any plane by just pulling the nose some 60° up, center the stick, pull the throttle back and wait.
Jyge is offline   Reply With Quote