ETA for Caucasus 2.1?

finch

In 1.5 you have to work rudder hard during TO (FW190 - P51).

In Nevada and Normandy no rudder input needed. (Have checked that help is disabled).

Not my experience at all. Don't have the 190, but certainly for me the P51 take off is the same in 2.1 as 1.5, hardly any rudder required in either with gradual throttle increase.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Not my experience at all. Don't have the 190, but certainly for me the P51 take off is the same in 2.1 as 1.5, hardly any rudder required in either with gradual throttle increase.

Maybe not hard - but more active. There is a significant difference between 1.5 and 2. More alert and proactive in 1.5. Could be 2 is the correct one. It is closer Accusim (A2A) T-6 in P3D

Have now double checked that flight assistant box is ticked off. Could not find any rudder assist under Cheat menu. Maybe I missed something

Maybe not hard - but more active. There is a significant difference between 1.5 and 2. More alert and proactive in 1.5. Could be 2 is the correct one. It is closer Accusim (A2A) T-6 in P3D

Have now double checked that flight assistant box is ticked off. Could not find any rudder assist under Cheat menu. Maybe I missed something

As I said above, not for me. 1.5 and 2.1 are exactly the same for the Mustang. Almost no rudder required on take off at all with rudder trim and throttle correctly applied.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I am coming back to DCS after a long break. Those training missions are great for getting back into startup/shutdown etc. Is it reasonable to figure that when Caucasus is on the new engine that all those tuts/missions/campaigns will be there too?

I assume it's a simple matter of importing them into 2.5, unless there are major scripting differences in the different engines.

If that is the case, and they have to build them from scratch, it might take a while for them to appear in 2.5 (Damn, I hope that doesn't cause an even bigger delay to 2.5)

Edited by OnlyforDCS

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Most of the functions that previously existed in DCS 1.5 remain the same in 2.1, there's only half a dozon extra. All the scripting I've done all seems to work also, so I don't anticipate major issues with missions really. Remember they have to support their own campaigns too.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

If that is the case, then Eagle Dynamics have to be extra careful that the new map works with the exact same coordinates system as the old map. I suspect it won't be as simple as that.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

If that is the case, then Eagle Dynamics have to be extra careful that the new map works with the exact same coordinates system as the old map. I suspect it won't be as simple as that.

Why would it not have the same coord system, out of interest?

Why would it not have the same coord system, out of interest?

For one thing a new elevation mesh is being used. The mountain peaks, towns, buildings, forests might be built in slightly different locations, or at different elevations.

Also if I am not mistaken the Nevada and Normandy maps are built on a part of a sphere, to simulate the earth curvature. Not sure that the 1.5 Caucassus map is, though I might be wrong about that.

Oh, the current Caucasus map is flat as a supermodel allright. It's interesting if they'll try to convert it to spherical projection for 2.5, though I've never seen anything like that even mentioned in WIP posts - would be quite a lot of additional work I guess.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I'm thinking about buying Nevada, so that I can fly my Non-ww2 planes in 2.1 too. Then again, the Huey, the Sabre, the MIG-21 and the F5E feel much more at home for me over a landscape like the Caucasus. I just want to fly the F-1 and the F-14 in 2.1 once they are out. But if 2.5 is coming this year, there is not much need for Nevada, is there?

But if 2.5 is coming this year, there is not much need for Nevada, is there?

Personally, I have never seen the point of Nevada at all. Sure, it's nice flying through Vegas in various aircraft, but flying WWII planes doesn't seem right, neither does flying Russian planes or doing combat missions over Nevada.

Since purchasing NTTR last year, I have hardly ever used it apart from testing v2.0 and the occasional flights over the strip!

Then again, the Huey, the Sabre, the MIG-21 and the F5E feel much more at home for me over a landscape like the Caucasus. I just want to fly the F-1 and the F-14 in 2.1 once they are out. But if 2.5 is coming this year, there is not much need for Nevada, is there?

Why wouldn't there be much need for Nevada at this time? It's a great terrian, you have a lot of airfields and so on. The only downside is that they are testing improvements to the sim with 2.X.

IIRC Nevada was designed mainly for the A-10C but with a few upcoming modules fitting to the map it's going to get even more interesting. At least for me.

Surely it depends on what aircraft you want to fly in what time frame if you're aiming for a realistic setting.

I find it quite interesting that the piece of land you (and that's "you" as the plural term; I'm not pointing at anyone in particular) fly over is the unrealistic dealbreaker, and not the fact that random geeks from around the world fly everything from warbirds to front line fighters with relative ease. We're playing out fictional scenarios with virtual planes. It's not historical reenactment.

Nevada is a great map for many realistic scenarios involving training US aircraft. It certainly has its place.

• Like 1

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

I find it quite interesting that the piece of land you (and that's "you" as the plural term; I'm not pointing at anyone in particular) fly over is the unrealistic dealbreaker, and not the fact that random geeks from around the world fly everything from warbirds to front line fighters with relative ease. We're playing out fictional scenarios with virtual planes. It's not historical reenactment.

I fully agree with your point.

but generally my feeling is that there is a tendency on bigger/authentic MP servers to go more and more towards limited bandwith of available planes of that era / mission type... which is good !"

thanks to ED and 3rd Party devs , we meanwhile have so many plane types (and soon scenarios) to choose from, that limiting the bandwith according to MP Scenario and appropriate era not really doesnt take away the MP fun.

(just my oppinion)

Edited by JABO2009

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

Nevada is a great map for many realistic scenarios involving training US aircraft. It certainly has its place.

I agree, but not only US... The Red Flag exercises at Nellis, through the years, involved a lot of other western countries AC(and some eastern too):

Mirage-2000

Mirage F1

Tornado

Jaguar

Buccaner

AMX

Griphen

Kfir

Su-30

So, the only limiting factor for a real use is the absence of more modules of those "exotic" AC:megalol:

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

Personally, I have never seen the point of Nevada at all. Sure, it's nice flying through Vegas in various aircraft, but flying WWII planes doesn't seem right, neither does flying Russian planes or doing combat missions over Nevada.

Since purchasing NTTR last year, I have hardly ever used it apart from testing v2.0 and the occasional flights over the strip!

Nevada is where a lot of simulated combat happens IRL, so it makes tons of sense to virtually simulate such activities. Pretending you're not actually killing anyone should be relatively easy...

I don't want 100% historical accuracy. It's just that I can pretend the Caucasus to be Vietnam, Korea, or Any part of the world. Nevada can be Nevada, or the Middle East, none of which I fancy flying above. That's it. So then I'd rather wait for Caucasus 2.5

i dont even need 1% historical accuracy,

if the mission is fun, **** history.

I7 7700k - Msi Z270 Gaming+

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB

SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK

WIN 10

Well, since the bridge is under construction, if they were in the middle of development about now, which version would they use for the bridge area, the mid-construction, or the final one?

So I had an idea, both, the whole bridge and and construction machines would be models simply placed on the surface/terrain textures that could remain the same for both, the textures for the highways would be on some separate layer just pasted ontop of terrain, without having to modify the ground, it would just take a bit of fiddling to get it right so the stuff that's just plasted ontop doesn't look wrong and blends in right.

You would just choose which option to use, when you use final version the construction machines simply vanish, and the bridge model is replaced with the finished one.

I'm just assuming, even if technically it may be possible they may not want to change any core map stuff for some other reasons, that's why this would be easier than other cases, since no heightmap needs to be changed ... a few piles of dirt can be models too.

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria