L-39 Training missions voices in russian

Tarres

Yep, I noticed that too, was pretty surprised by it when you expect to hear an English voice :-/

Dell XPS 8700: 28" DELL S2817Q 3840pi, i7-4790 3.6 GHz, 16 GB RAM, RTX 2070 Super, Windows 10, SSD 1 TB, HDD 2 TB + 32 GB SSD, TM HOTAS, Oculus Rift S.

Repetition is the Mother of All Skills:matrix:

[sIGPIC]<a href="http://www.flyfighterjet.com/" target="_blank"></a>[/sIGPIC]

But I'm not russian pilot in front of my computer ;) And there are russian planes with english voiceover as well. Either way, english voiceover would be highly appreciated and perhaps it's already WIP.

I always prefer to get native voices to help immersion, even if I don't understand a single word in russian.. hopefully we can have both voices and the possibility to have the choice, but if not, I prefer native languages.

What do you prefer if these training missions were based on the Czech Republic with Czech pilots ? Czech or English ?? :music_whistling:

But I'm not russian pilot in front of my computer ;) And there are russian planes with english voiceover as well. Either way, english voiceover would be highly appreciated and perhaps it's already WIP.

++

Yes, very annoying having to read the whole text while setting up the plane, let's hope it's in the works. After all, it's how it's done for the other aircraft AFAIK, and it should be consistent with the text and the cockpit language (makes no sense otherwise).

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Wasn't there a mod for some Russian aircraft which supplied many of the standard Russian language voice messages in Russian accented English?

I realize that probably won't work for custom voice messages in training missions (unless someone wants to do new voice acting specifically for those missions), but it's an interesting idea.

Wasn't there a mod for some Russian aircraft which supplied many of the standard Russian language voice messages in Russian accented English?

I realize that probably won't work for custom voice messages in training missions (unless someone wants to do new voice acting specifically for those missions), but it's an interesting idea.

That's a pretty good idea!

I just bought the Fw 190, and the training missions are done that way, it's English with a German accent. It does the trick, and gives the best of both worlds.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

I haven't installed the latest update to 2.0, that includes the ZA. Are the training missions available in NTTR as well?

No, there are no training missions in 2.0.1 at the moment for the L-39.

While I am now pretty familiar with the L-39. For the people that aren't and the newcomers to simming in general this isn't good.

Trying to learn an aircraft in a different language, while working your way round the cockpit AND trying to read the very small text translation basically induces task saturation and ensures that nothing is absorbed.

I am sure the mod community will get round to fixing this problem for locations that aren't Russian speaking.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

Amen to that.

Just purchased the module, and was a bit miffed at the Russian only Tutorials.

My eyesight is OK for spotting targets, and flying, where a quick zoom in overcomes any problems, but the text on a wide screen set up is just a bit too small for me, especially when it near the op of the screen and everything it wants you to click is at the bottom.

I'm all for absorbtion, but selling a product with no real localization is a tiny bit lazy imo. Having native language as a default is fine, but when I select English in the options panel, I sort of expect that is what I will get.

BTW. Since we have to read the text, is there a way to make it stay on screen longer? It fades far to quickly.

Edited by mkiii

Amen to that.

Just purchased the module, and was a bit miffed at the Russian only Tutorials.

My eyesight is OK for spotting targets, and flying, where a quick zoom in overcomes any problems, but the text on a wide screen set up is just a bit too small for me, especially when it near the op of the screen and everything it wants you to click is at the bottom.

I'm all for absorbtion, but selling a product with no real localization is a tiny bit lazy imo. Having native language as a default is fine, but when I select English in the options panel, I sort of expect that is what I will get.

BTW. Since we have to read the text, is there a way to make it stay on screen longer? It fades far to quickly.

I'm confused, use bonus points and get 50% bonus point off? Is it saying if I use my bonus point I can use them up to were I can purchase the deal for 1/2 price or is it saying if I use any of my saved bonus point they will give me bonus points equaling 50% of the purchase price to use with my purchase? Thanks I'm getting a little old so I just through I would ask before I made a purchase expecting something else.

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 1200AT ps | Asus ROG Maximums XIII Extreme | I9 11900K Clocked@4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 64GB DDR4-3600 Gskill Mem | Asus 3080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 32" 1440 Monitor | Winwing Super Tauras/Super Libra | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |

I've got the problem, that the subtitles disappear to fast and until now I've always paused the game to read through everything.

I did not encounter this problem in the F15C training missions. The subtitles stayed until you pressed spacebar, so you could read through them over and over again, which was much better than how it is made in the L39 training.

Is there maybe a way to show the subtitles again after they disappeared. I would really like not to pause the game all the time.

greetz

G4mble

• 2 weeks later...

It doesn't look like there is. You can load the .miz file in the Mission Editor, and manually set the time limit on each Trigger that is displaying a text message. This is simple enough, but probably isn't worth the effort.

• 2 years later...

Join the club have not used it since I bought since I don't like subtitles and don't speak

Russian and there is nothing in pre purchase info telling you this

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb