Warthog HOTAS binding help.

Mezsh

Just a quick question:

should both the collective and the throttle be mapped to the HOTAS Warthog throttle? for some reason both are mapped to my throttle. Is this correct, or should it just be the collective, and then throttle is automatic and not needed to be bound to the warthog throttle? cheers in advance.

I guess you don't *have* to map the throttle - most of the time it's going to be in one place. I have mine mapped to the left warthog throttle for lack of anything else useful to put there, occasionally I'll drop it to idle if I'm sitting around waiting for someone but mostly it's just shoved forwards.

Most Wanted: the angry Naval Lynx | Seafire | Buccaneer | Hawker Hunter | Hawker Tempest/Sea Fury | Su-17/22 | rough strip rearming / construction

+1 for this, although to make my life more entertaining I have inverted the throttle and collective so I have to pull them back towards me - always good fun in the first flight after a jet....

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

+1 for this, although to make my life more entertaining I have inverted the throttle and collective so I have to pull them back towards me - always good fun in the first flight after a jet....

I just invert the collective, which makes flying a Harrier after a helicopter interesting at times...

Most Wanted: the angry Naval Lynx | Seafire | Buccaneer | Hawker Hunter | Hawker Tempest/Sea Fury | Su-17/22 | rough strip rearming / construction

I map the Ka-50 throttle(s) to the 'Flaps' switch on my Warthog Throttle.

Makes it very intuitive and easy to move up and down between the preset throttle positions (idle-med-auto-max).

The throttles tend to stay in 'auto' when airborne, so others may find a better use for this switch.

I lock the two Warthog throttle levers together and use these as the Collective.

8700k, 1080Ti, 16GB 3200 RAM, Warthog Hotas, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution