Damage Model Update - 10/12 - Page 90 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-23-2020, 05:48 PM   #891
AndytotheD

Quote:
Originally Posted by grafspee View Post
Depends what type of ammo, it will trigger HE round but it will not stop AP round.
What i know those armor plates weren't too effective shell fired from short range will go through.
It will stop small arms fire and shrapnel to i think.
That’s another point, if it triggers an explosive shell, say a 20mm or 30mm, won’t that cause it to spall? It’s not a very thick and I’d imagine that would cause a lot of damage too.
AndytotheD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 05:59 PM   #892
grafspee

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndytotheD View Post
That’s another point, if it triggers an explosive shell, say a 20mm or 30mm, won’t that cause it to spall? It’s not a very thick and I’d imagine that would cause a lot of damage too.
Oh yeah, 30 mm round detonating couple cm from coolant reservoir even when shielded by some armor plate wont end good.
I think it is not supposed to protect in case direct hit, more likely to protect from small arms, and shrapnel. If it take head on shooting fighter vs fighter added speed of planes will increase energy of the shell even small shells probably go through in that case.

Last edited by grafspee; 02-23-2020 at 06:02 PM.
grafspee is offline   Reply With Quote