The New cockpit

NineLine

Kailux, you're childish insults are getting a little tiring.

Everyone is allowed to express an opinion about the game which they bought, without being discounted or insulted or treated to schoolyard bullying.

Yes. We are customers. Not fanboys on some free mod.

Well, I'm trying to get used to it. Can we PLEASE get a toggle for those burned in reflections on / off? And anti-glare coating on the dials / shkval.

@=4c=Nikola - Thanks for the translate mouse button! I had forgotten I could do that.

Edit: The more I look at this new cockpit, I think the thing that is bothering me the most are the textures ( or really, lack there of ). Still not liking it. Looks xboxish. That, and it (the cockpit) seems to be narrower.

Edited by 3WA

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can say as I like it. Sure it could be better but then so could my sex life.

May be me but it seems a bit easier to fly. Responds to my controls much better than

old version, but that could also be my pc, I just did a clean install of windows 10 and everything

seems better.

An no, the clean install did nothing for my sex life.

One thing I have noticed, with the new cockpit, it seems to lock targets better and at a longer range than it did before. I don't know if that's because it's going on contrast now or not. I had all kinds of problems locking targets with the old one, even up close. So that, at least, is welcome.

Edited by 3WA

My thoughts after a few days.

My thoughts on the new pit.

I thought I'd give it a few days before making my mind up and I'm glad I did.

First impressions were "urgh this is like the F-5 and L-39" both of which kind of felt out of date when they were released.

With some tweaking of graphics settings I was able to improve things, though it should be noted I had to do this in DCS, my graphics card settings, & my monitor. The result however was worth it. Now I'm quite happy with the new cockpit assuming it is still WIP.

Gauges look great especially the HSI, just look at it!

attachment.php?attachmentid=228587&stc=1&d=1582537284

I love how the K-041 Shkval screen really looks like a glass CRT screen (for those of us old enough to remember what those look like). The reflection could do with toning down though and instead of seeing a reflection of a pilot-less helicopter having a pilot leaning forward and looking right at the screen would be far better.

attachment.php?attachmentid=228586&stc=1&d=1582537284

Baked in reflections are a problem all around and will hopefully be addressed.

Interaction with the new (WIP) lighting does seem to be an issue though, especially with reds and blues.

attachment.php?attachmentid=228588&stc=1&d=1582537284

There are some other problems here and there that have already been touched on like the intermittent yellow pylon lights

attachment.php?attachmentid=228589&stc=1&d=1582537284

and others that have been acknowledged.

Look forward to further polishing of the graphics and a statement of intent.

-Will we see more interactivity with switches in the cockpit (Even without function things like IFF)?

-Will the window wipers work and will rain drops appear on the Shkval?

-Added features, Shkval filters, pitot heating lights, windshield fogging?

-More I can't think of right now.

Or is this just a cosmetic upgrade and anything more will come with BS3?

Screen_200224_215248.thumb.png.4aba5894d2588db028d1c6fb28ae7600.png

Screen_200224_215420.thumb.png.3819d0230a545e507a834abb050ac16d.png

Screen_200224_215433.thumb.png.38aa9f3b8795e690c57c36a22c0482ff.png

Screen_200222_192144.thumb.png.bd15f9333208c0e4bc184a974be07c96.png

Yeah, its the lighting I think I have the most problem with, as it completely obliterates the textures. It makes the dials look painted on and simple, and everything else is just black (or blinding white). Lowering the cockpit graphics in settings seems to help, and at low, you can actually see the old textures.

So, I'll try and experiment with adjustments.

I wondered about the shape of the new cockpit, as it is slightly different than the old one, but I've seen a picture of the real cockpit online now, that seems to closely match it. So I guess it is realistic.

I like the new cyclic. Looks more realistic. However, the slip balls (the ones that show if your moving sideways) need some graphics work.

Edited by 3WA

Yeah, its the lighting I think I have the most problem with, as it completely obliterates the textures. It makes the dials look painted on and simple, and everything else is just black (or blinding white). Lowering the cockpit graphics in settings seems to help, and at low, you can actually see the old textures.

So, I'll try and experiment with adjustments.

I wondered about the shape of the new cockpit, as it is slightly different than the old one, but I've seen a picture of the real cockpit online now, that seems to closely match it. So I guess it is realistic.

I like the new cyclic. Looks more realistic. However, the slip balls (the ones that show if your moving sideways) need some graphics work.

All I see is 3 dimensional dials, they are a little bland but 3 dimensional behind the glass at the front of the dial.

Are you sure you deleted all mods in the game folder?

Devrim's old pit for example?

I find the slip balls to be a serious upgrade and much more readable at a glance.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.